PDA

View Full Version : Speedometre Is Crazy

NoFuLlOpTiOn
03-29-2004, 08:42 AM
HELLO I M BELGIAN AND WANTED TO KNOW IF AYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS MINE.
I HAVE A 02 CIVIC TYPE R ? MY SPEED METER (is this word correct :) ) BECOME CRAZY? WHEN I FULL THROTTLE IT GOES FROM 60 TO 120 TO 40 KM AND STABILIZE WHEM I CALM DOWN.

MY HONDA DEALER DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS ...

if someone could help an european ep lover ...

ps: continue this way for this forum, it rocks .

younggotti266
03-29-2004, 09:11 AM
did they check the speed sensors?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-29-2004, 09:14 AM
your clutch is slipping.

DynaSpeed
03-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Adam -

I was under the assumption that the speedometer took front wheel speed as it's measuring point, not engine speed (rpm). I don't think a slipping clutch would effect the speedometer, just rpm.
I personally think that there is a kink in the sensor line somewhere that they can't find. I would tell my dealership to replace the whole line, and Honda saying that they can't figure it out, and letting you go on your way, is not acceptable.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-29-2004, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
Adam -

I was under the assumption that the speedometer took front wheel speed as it's measuring point, not engine speed (rpm). I don't think a slipping clutch would effect the speedometer, just rpm.
I personally think that there is a kink in the sensor line somewhere that they can't find. I would tell my dealership to replace the whole line, and Honda saying that they can't figure it out, and letting you go on your way, is not acceptable.

youre right, i was thinking rpm.
that is strange then.
i have no idea.

Rey
03-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Get a new cluster from dealer? Sounds like something that would be under warrenty.

HASNIC
03-29-2004, 07:30 PM
Take it back to the dealer and don't take no for an answer. If the dealer can't work it out then someone from Honda Belgium should come out to the dealership to work it out.

Being a European CTR owner come and say hi on

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/phpbb2/index.php

There a couple of owners from Belgium already on there

:)