PDA

View Full Version : Rotors?

D16Y8_Turbo
03-29-2004, 09:44 AM
How many people have changed their rotors to something that is slotted or more performance oriented? What brand are you guys using? Anyone using stainless steel brake lines?

Going to need to upgrade soon.

Lucid Moments
03-29-2004, 05:10 PM
I got slotted and plated rotors from Brakezone, also SS brake lines Axxis Ultimate Pads and ATE Super Blue fluid, and absolutlely love it. Can't make the brakes fade now on a mountain run, and the pads make it stop faster too.

FCobra94
03-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Glad you like your setup man! :cool: I've been hearing a lot of good things about BrakeZone.com and hope to order some tings from there when my car needs it.

How much dust do those Axxis pads give off compared to stock? Also, about how much would a setup like yours cost? (If you don't mind me asking)

Thanks for the help! :)

glw
03-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by mlkelley68
I got slotted and plated rotors from Brakezone, also SS brake lines Axxis Ultimate Pads and ATE Super Blue fluid, and absolutlely love it. Can't make the brakes fade now on a mountain run, and the pads make it stop faster too. mlkelly, we got the same setup and i totally agree... sherwin at brakezone was great... dust is pretty bad, but the car stops like mad...

Lucid Moments
03-30-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
Glad you like your setup man! :cool: I've been hearing a lot of good things about BrakeZone.com and hope to order some tings from there when my car needs it.

How much dust do those Axxis pads give off compared to stock? Also, about how much would a setup like yours cost? (If you don't mind me asking)

Thanks for the help! :)

All four rotors was $220 I think. The SS lines were a gift so I don't know how much they were, but I think they run about $100 the ATE fluid is about $12 a can, and I don't remember how much the pads were. The Axxis pads dust pretty bad, but that is one of the things you just have to accept. It helps if you have dark colored wheels.;)

D16Y8_Turbo
03-30-2004, 01:14 PM
Good Info guys. Good thing I have dark colored wheels. This is now next on the list.

oogy-boogy
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Great post...looks like I have some new mods to save for :)

D16Y8_Turbo
03-30-2004, 01:44 PM
2 questions:

Where did you find the pricing on brakezone.com? Couldn't find any numbers nor applications.

Second, will the rotors fit with the stockers?

glw
03-30-2004, 07:09 PM
got out my invoice from brakezone and back in july 2003 i paid;

150.00 front rotors (slotted, cadmium plated, cryo'ed brembos)
95.00 goodridge g-stop ss lines
45.00 axxis ultimate front
40.00 axxis ultimate rear
13.00 ate superblue
you'll have to call them about pricing...

fyi - the rear rotors wern't out back in 2003, but i'm so happy with the fronts i'll be getting the rear rotors when i need to get the fronts again.