PDA

View Full Version : best place to purchase rims...

blanblu
03-29-2004, 12:13 PM
...by motegi... anyone have any recommendations?

Btrthnezr3
03-29-2004, 12:24 PM
I am not a big fan of Motegi's but ...if I were you, I'd do some online shopping and price comparisons...print a few price pages out...take them up to your local Discount Tire and have them price match. They should be able to beat it by at least 10 bucks, throw in mounting and balancing for free and have everything ready before you even get there. Might could even haggle some nice lugs while you are at it. Good Luck, but maybe check out some Volks, Racing Harts, or if you are strapped for cash, some Rotas (which are great wheels and very light weight).

blanblu
03-29-2004, 12:57 PM
thanks! yeah, i am strapped for cash and i do know about rotas, however, they don't make the grid in 17"... motegi ff6 is as close as it gets to the volk te-37 without it hurting my wallet... :( *shrugs*

Btrthnezr3
03-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Well good luck and happy hunting. But there's nothing wrong with 16" Grids...to me, 16 inchers are the perfect compromise b/w looks and performance...plus, good tire selection. What color is your EP?

blanblu
03-29-2004, 01:31 PM
i know but i'm going to lower the car with just a prokit (awaiting shocks) for the time being and i'm picky about wheel gap... i have a silver car...

Btrthnezr3
03-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Hmm...I'm probably gonna lower my car with ProKit as well. At least with 16s you will have a better ride comfort due to the higher series tires. It'll look good no matter what...good luck finding what you want. And of course, we wanna see pics when it's all said and done!