PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Hondata Reflash

bgsteve523
03-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Hey guys need some help here. I have the greddy kit with the type-s bov I am going to run the kit with no I/C for a while. Now here is the problem. I have been back and forth with Hondata about is it safe to run the greddy reflash without an I/C and after about 3days worth of e-mails I got the answer of we have only tested the greddy kit with the I/C. So we do not know. Now my question is, what is the difference in engine wise with or without the I/C. now I know the I/C lowers the intake charge temp. But with the esu does it make a difference if you are running an I/C or not as long as you stay on stock boost levels which I am. So I am trying to figure out if I send the esu to get flashed as the greddy reflash or back to stock reflash????? Any info would be good from you greddy guys out there.
Thank you,
Steve O

ep_nezay
03-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by bgsteve523
after about 3days worth of e-mails I got the answer of we have only tested the greddy kit with the I/C. So we do not know.

Supp Steve, I had already told you ^^ that :P. My car was the tester and it had an IC.
Now since air+fuel=HP, you want to balance the 2, you dont want more fuel nor more air, you get it? So obviously, having an IC would give you more air(colder). In that case, it leaves you with more fuel if you dont have an IC. Bottom line, I think the program would be fine, you just are going to run a lil rich. I recommend you to wait to get an IC so you can get the full benefit of the reflash. :)

bgsteve523
03-30-2004, 08:59 AM
yeah I think you are right thanks for the help bro