PDA

View Full Version : Rate your satisfaction with the EP

Si-Sissy-PA
03-30-2004, 07:48 AM
How Satisfied are you?

Peking
03-30-2004, 03:46 PM
I am happy with my SI, just not happy with what mistakes I have caused to it :'( and moved to EP disscusion :)

FurY
03-30-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Peking
I am happy with my SI, just not happy with what mistakes I have caused to it :'( and moved to EP disscusion :)

like what? :eek:
I'd like to learn from others if you don't mind sharing.

Civicvtec1ps
03-30-2004, 03:56 PM
Very Satisfied

Peking
03-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by FurY
like what? :eek:
I'd like to learn from others if you don't mind sharing.

My first 5 speed (so I have grinded and stalled), custom exhaust problems, both tie rod bushings are ripped (from installing springs, and I don't even want to start with the knocking creaking sounds), f*cked up my console (first two times no problem, third time I tore it up when looking for a alum. bushing that fell), driving like a crazy fool (early on when I first got the car), etc.

I don't know, little things like that make me mad. Oh and spending to much trying to fix stupid things and/or spending to much on certain products. God my tranny (gears/shifting) used to be so smooth, one of the reasons why I bought the SI. Then from my abuse it feels like crap. Gears don't go in smoothly, etc.

I would like to start over, so many things I would do different. Whole point is, any problem that I have really was caused by my in-experience and lack of patience :(

KimchiBoy_TypeR
03-30-2004, 04:54 PM
I just wish mine was faster:o other than that its pretty coo!

Gearhead Geek
03-30-2004, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately, I can only say 'Good', and that's for one reason and one reason only...the tranny is seriously starting to piss me off. Between the grinding and the not going into 4th gear at times (talked to at least one other person that this happens to), I get slightly flustered. However, besides the tranny, I love my EP3 :)
And besides, when this tranny dies, I can always get a 6-speed ;)

Si02
03-30-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm fairly happy with mine although the stereo system suks.

phatfreeza
03-30-2004, 05:37 PM
i messed up my suspension by going the springs only route... other than that, i'm in love :)

Tenacious G
03-30-2004, 05:43 PM
well, i'm very happy with my Si, but to be completely honest, i couldn't vote "very satisfied" because of the suspension. the tall ride height and econo tires prevent me from complete satisfaction. but i'm picky like that

k20hatch
03-30-2004, 06:00 PM
Very Satisfied

toda_power
03-30-2004, 06:07 PM
its aiite

Fast02
03-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Very Satisfied

:D

Loudpedal
03-30-2004, 06:39 PM
Good. No mech. issues, except a misaligned drivers door, tires that were way out of balance, but that's about it.

I only wish that towing was "endorsed" by Honda. I don't really care, I'll still tow with it.

02SiFoLife
03-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Very satisfied

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
03-30-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm very satisfied with my Si. Looks good and sound even better!!!

FiL
03-31-2004, 03:04 AM
im satisfied, but sometimes i think "what if i bought a twin-turbo rx-7 instead?" :eek:

oogy-boogy
03-31-2004, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by 02SiFoLife
Very satisfied

What he said :)

It's survived my abuse and begged for more. I love it as much as the first day i drove it. What more can I ask?:)

redronin22
03-31-2004, 06:33 AM
I'm happy with the SI but there are a few gripes of course

pros: great seats, nice shifter location, decent acceleration, roomy interior, useful hatchback, odd looks, fun to drive, rarely seen, growing aftermarket, swap a type-s or type - r motor

cons: needs six speed for better highway cruising, needs better top end acceleration,small brakes small stock rims,4 lugs, k20a3, SUV stock ride height.

i think at the time it was the best car for me, and for the price id still take it over a srt,svt or any car that is in its class anyday. Sure id get smoked but at least my EP will look damn good while its losing. =-)

BlairSpeed
03-31-2004, 07:13 AM
Very Satisfied. The EP is a fantastic car for what it is...an Econo-sport box.

shimmy_yaz
03-31-2004, 08:26 AM
Very satisfied with the car just wish assholes would stop trying to break into it. (can't wait till i get my house"

Soon2beEP3
03-31-2004, 10:27 AM
Compared to my previous car, it's a Ferrari.

siver-SI
03-31-2004, 10:47 AM
After about 3000 to about 3 weeks ago my car was pissing me off. After I changed dealerships and got my Cluch Master Cylinder replaced my car went from pissing me off to making me very happy. Now that I did a nice drop to my car I went from very happy to being in love with it again. It is so great to have that feeling I did when I first bought my car. Just a notchy transmission and a piss poor excuse for a dealership makes having your car hell some times. Now that is all changed and my new dealership in the 3 weeks that I have had my car fixed I had told 5 people to go to them to get a car fixed and to buy from them, and to never go to my old dealership.

AzN Si GuY
03-31-2004, 11:33 AM
I love my car, after i got my tranny fixed this car is a dream. It still has some ways to go though. But I love it. :cool:

kHATCHmEP3
04-01-2004, 10:48 PM
yez i'm satisfied wid my 02EP3! A 10en!
i'm gladd to be homee in d EPhatch temple!
Gotta luv ur ride to enjoy it!

fsugatorbait
04-02-2004, 08:18 AM
I absolutely love it for the price I paid. Name one other new car that can offer everything the si does in its price range. Yeah other cars maybe faster, but they dont have the complete package the si does. :cool:

ColeIketani
04-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Although I don't own an EP, I'm very satisfied on the image the car has.

ep pilot
04-02-2004, 09:02 PM
I think I

02sifastback
04-02-2004, 09:07 PM
this car is for both n/a and boost applications, thats what i like about it

the1986
04-03-2004, 10:41 PM
i absolutly adore my ep! ill admit it is a bit under-powered, but that can be solved, also, i have yet to experience any problems with the trans, or oil or suspension. All and all i wouldnt go back and get the gsr(the other car i was looking at) The car is great, especially now lowered and on 17's. :) just my .02 tho

-Teal

tricky808
04-04-2004, 10:40 PM
i love my silver space egg. the stock wheel and tire were wimpy, but i replaced them, and the stock stereo was crap, but i took the stereo that i had in my 00' silver EX. other than that the car has been perfect for 8,000 miles. well except for my misfortune with a squirrel that ate the top of my window washer resoivoir, and half of my ABS wiring harness. that was a bitch to rewire. but, the reason i really love the car is the rarity of seeing another one, and people are really impressed with the stock interior. plus i love driving, and the shifter is right there for you to slam. there are a few misterious rattles, before i got the wheels, and i've done no other suspension changes.

YooShin
04-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Pros: Unsurpassed Honda fit-and-finish. Concept car shape (but read bellow). Butter smooth engine. Seats and stearing wheel too worthy of the Recaro and Momo logo. Shifter location impresses the females and auto enthusisiust. Overall refined and "tweaked" composure at high speeds compared to the previous gen Si.

Cons: Under Powered (see JDM and Euro versions). Under geared (see previous pareth. statement). Under wheeled/tired (again SPPS...). Stereo? What stereo? Styling like a turd getting squeezed through the piss hole ( sorry guys but come on: park it next to an EK hatch). 6.7K rpm redline? Bugs: coffen creek, thumpy bump stops, 1-2 shifts, etc...

Conclusion: Despite the quirks, I wouldn't drive anything else but an 97 NSX or a 996 Porsche 911. Or maybe an E 46 M3, or a STi or a (name your over priced super car here) .....

STP03BlueSI
04-07-2004, 10:28 AM
I love my EP!!:D :D :D :D

Pradamuimui
04-08-2004, 09:08 AM
I must admit that Im not very happy with the EP3's performance, handling, redline, etc...I think that Honda flopped on this one.

EvilSlvRCiViC
04-08-2004, 10:06 AM
I love my EP except for the ride hieght(wich is being taken care of within the next 2 weeks) and power-- wish it had the 200 hp stock. other than that car is great!

HeelToePro
04-08-2004, 11:26 AM
During the time I had my EP, I loved it.

I now own a RSX-S, besides the power, I liked the EP way better. Looks, interior, cabin room, handling, shifter, etc...

cHiNoYbOi14
04-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I'd be more satisfied if I had more money to mod with.

Mickey
04-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Im very happy with my EP. I only use it for commute Mon to Friday.
I use another car on Weekends with my kids.

BluezSi-nger
05-19-2004, 06:33 AM
"I'd be more satisfied if I had more money to mod with." - Ding, ding, ding. Exactly. ;)

For what you get for the price - A Honda ('nuff said) with better than average acceleration, great handling, exciting interior, unique, attractive styling (ie NOT a Focus), and a very nice "fun factor", it is a steal IMO.

I would like to see more standard HP, lower ride height, better (larger, lighter) wheels/tires, and a stereo befitting the Si name. Money and some elbow grease will take care of all of my concerns.

Overall I'm very satisfied with my EP3.

03NighthawkSi
05-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Very satisfied so far. But I have only 6,000 miles. I will be more concerned about my satisfaction when the car had 75,000. My other ride started giving me problems around 60,000 which didnt make me very happy. Love the interior. Could use a little more power, but its not too bad. Not too crazy about the overall look (when stock)from the outside. The look has grown on me since I bought it though. I originally wasnt in the market for an Si, but the 2003 models were discounted quite a bit when I bought mine in December. For the money I paid, I am more than happy.

Japakazol
05-20-2004, 08:38 PM
I think it's very good. My gripes are the same as everyone else's. The worst thing is that the tires are just terrible. Once I install a JRSC i think the power should be great! I also wish it had a darn armrest.

ronsta
05-21-2004, 07:41 AM
i love my ep ..i know it aint quick but at least it will prevent me from getting speeding tickets . love the interior and its unique ..just wish they came with better suspension

bloodzombie
05-21-2004, 09:52 AM
My only gripe is the 1-2 shift at high rpms

zum_zum
05-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Peking
My first 5 speed (so I have grinded and stalled), custom exhaust problems, both tie rod bushings are ripped (from installing springs, and I don't even want to start with the knocking creaking sounds), f*cked up my console (first two times no problem, third time I tore it up when looking for a alum. bushing that fell), driving like a crazy fool (early on when I first got the car), etc.

I don't know, little things like that make me mad. Oh and spending to much trying to fix stupid things and/or spending to much on certain products. God my tranny (gears/shifting) used to be so smooth, one of the reasons why I bought the SI. Then from my abuse it feels like crap. Gears don't go in smoothly, etc.

I would like to start over, so many things I would do different. Whole point is, any problem that I have really was caused by my in-experience and lack of patience :(

wow. i am surprised to hear someone take responsibility for their actions, especially on an enthusiat's forum.

my ep had been flawless. i like it a lot. it has been the best long-distance car i've ever driven.

BarracksSi
05-22-2004, 05:19 AM
:D

Love it.

HARRY POTTER
05-24-2004, 03:03 PM
i LIKE my EP... but i'd LOVE my EP with a K20a2/K20a... ;)