PDA

View Full Version : inside the engine

LiLxKeNnY
03-30-2004, 11:27 AM
i was wondering what to do about radiator caps, reservoir covers and all the lil stuff inside ... i hav heard some caps with stickers fallin off and peeling ... wat brand are those???

next ... does an injen radiator cap do anythin??? they say it can withstand more pressure ... but i dont kno abt dat ...

i kno this sounds kinda ricey .... but im allowed some rice arent i???

AzN Si GuY
03-30-2004, 11:34 AM
i don't really care how a person hooks up there car, as long as it's done with good taste. so do what you like. if it looks good then *thumbs up*

Makross
03-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Spoons are the ones that peel off

EP_404349
03-31-2004, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Makross
Spoons are the ones that peel off

Yea I agree... Spoons are the ones that fall off... my friend did...

oldschoolimport
03-31-2004, 01:47 AM
higher pressure radiator caps raise the boiling point of the coolant.

BSEVEER
03-31-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
higher pressure radiator caps raise the boiling point of the coolant.

How does that work?

SiR Medic
03-31-2004, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
How does that work?

Fluids require much more heat to boil at higher pressures.

Think about it this way... Shake up a new, unopened, bottle of soda. It's still all liquid right? That's because it is still under a lot of pressure. Now open the bottle. The carbon dioxide in the soda causes the thing to bubble over. When you opened the bottle, there was now no longer a higher pressure to increase the boiling point of the CO2.

The same goes for boiling water. Water boils at 100degrees celcius at sea-level, but would boil at about 93degrees on top of a mountain. Or maybe 110degrees deep underground due to the changes in water pressure around it.