PDA

View Full Version : 8000 mile maintenance and hondata?

SOUTHPAW
03-30-2004, 05:30 PM
I noticed that my maintenance light blinks like ten or so times every time I start my car. According to my manual this is normal, my question is when I go to Honda for my maintenance check, is this going to mess up my hondata reflash. Do they put it on the computer, or what. Also, are they going to know that I have Hondata if they hook it up to there diagnostic(whatever they use) computer. Any help would be well appreciated...

the JigGa mAn
03-30-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by SOUTHPAW
I noticed that my maintenance light blinks like ten or so times every time I start my car. According to my manual this is normal, my question is when I go to Honda for my maintenance check, is this going to mess up my hondata reflash. Do they put it on the computer, or what. Also, are they going to know that I have Hondata if they hook it up to there diagnostic(whatever they use) computer. Any help would be well appreciated...

very good question...never thought about that one before...but glad you did...hope someone with can answer this question

Siman
03-30-2004, 05:44 PM
your maintancence light will bling 10 times or so for a couple of start ups....then it stays on untill you get your oil done...

a honda tech told me that...at the dealership they simple reset the little light by pressing and holding the milage butten and having the car on without starting it...

no worrys they wont hook it up to a diagnostic thingy! lol

:D