PDA

View Full Version : Does ur car squeak???

Gango
03-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Okay, here is whats up when i lowered my car and put 18 inch wheels on it, everytime i steer there is weird sound as if there are beads stuck in my steering column, i hate it I wonder if it is from the chnages. O, and yea everytime I press the clutch down it makes that loud sound as if you are pulling an old rusted spring. If you know what I mean it is annoying, and one other thing everytime it rains my thermal exhaust sounds funny as hell, and the sound gets louder. well if you are experincing these problems please let me know so i feel better, or i think i am going to have to take it to the doctor, and i dont want to do that. I think it is falling appart, but wait a minute it is 03 with only 15k miles in it even stored winters. People help...seriously. It is annoying and dissapointning at the same time.
Peace

Supraru
03-30-2004, 06:44 PM
How did you lower it? Did you buy cheap ass coilovers? Did you just get springs? Chop the stock springs? A little more helpful info would be great besides what noises it makes.

ilive2r011
03-30-2004, 10:20 PM
it squeeks now when ever i drive at low speeds . this was talked about here befor i think

Gango
03-30-2004, 10:47 PM
eibach sportlines, that is what i used , the ride is fine i just hate all the funny sounds coming out of my car, it is sad cause it still new......time for a new car, yea right

team ERA 5
03-30-2004, 11:15 PM
my car has been squeaking for the last 20,000 miles get use to it...because only way to fix that is to get a new steering rack...and our warrenties are already voided because we lowered our cars....thats the cause of the squeeks...my clutch does the same u need to change ur clutch master cylinder...i did that already but the squeaking just came back! arggggg...from what ive heard the squeak isnt bad its just f-ing annoying haha (turn up the radio and youll be good)

BlairSpeed
03-31-2004, 07:26 AM
Okay, for the clutch pedal squeak, you just need to put some grease back there (behind the pedal). If you take it to the dealer, they will do it for free. That noise is just from rubbing, its nothing to worry about.

For the squeaks coming from your suspension: Are you sure you installed the springs correctly? Did you install them or did you have a shop do it for you? Many people have installed the springs wrong and had to re-intall them to fix the squeak. As far as the steering column stuff that Team ERA said, im not sure about that. Plenty of people on this site have the sportlines and dont have any problems at all.

Reading about all these problems makes me feel good for keeping my baby stock, execpt for the SRI. I was thinking about lowering my car but now im not so sure....:rolleyes:

AzN Si GuY
03-31-2004, 11:41 AM
someone told me that the squeaking could be caused by having to much stress on the tie rods when lowering, but should be fine. and as for the squeaking from the clutch, just ask the dealership to grease it up and there you go :)

amctmg
04-08-2004, 05:11 PM
I lowered my car 2 inches with springs only and now there is a slight sqeak in steering while accelerating

speedking604
04-08-2004, 05:28 PM
for everyone that has squeky sound in there car coz of lowering them,,,,i think, that's because of the installation. if you know a good mechanic that lowered your car, then there would no problem at all. i have experience this problem before because i went to cheaper shopp and end up being screwed up!!!!!! so i tried another mechanic that my friend told me. it's a little beat expensive from the first shopp that fuck up my car before, but after they did the install, the car runs better.no squeky sound!!!!!!!!!!

always go to best mechanic, maybe it's a little beat expensive but i'm sure they will do the work what you paid for.

Mickey
04-08-2004, 05:57 PM
I Lowered my EP approximately 2 inches F and R (H&R Springs) using original shocks and struts and installed SPC camber kit in the rear, I dont hear any squeak at all.:)

k20hatch
04-08-2004, 05:58 PM
My car has its good days and its bad days on the squeak issue!

dj addicted
04-08-2004, 06:06 PM
here is a question.. I havent seen this mentioned above.. when you did your spring job, did you use any kind of lithium grease of the tops and bottoms of the springs? I've worked with 3 different spring jobs all on EPs. One was coilovers and the others were Tein Springs. None of our cars creak, rattle, pop, or do any other kind of wierd noise.. Unfortunately, you might have to take them apart and redo it. Also, did you make sure the little arrows on the top of the whole assembly is pointed in the right direction and everything?

The clutch noise shouldnt have anything to do with your springs.. they arent even anywhere near each other. That also could use some lithium grease which your honda dealership can do for free.

civicSIracer
04-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by k20hatch
My car has its good days and its bad days on the squeak issue!

ya same here.. somedays its horrible and sometimes it goes away for 3 weeks... i took it to honda and they said is caused be aftermarket springs.. i had the same honda dealer install my springs and do an allighnment.

RMC22
04-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Eibach Sportlines on stockies.
Expensive install (moderately, I believe like $140)
but no squeaks :cool:
Been dropped for 8 months/6k miles, driven daily.