PDA

View Full Version : Mugen Update

JayDMep
10-08-2002, 09:23 AM
I just got off the phone with King Motorsports I called about the fit on the mugen lip and it's manufactured to fit the jdm civics, right now they are working on a car for sema. They expect to also have a mugen replica to fit our cars out by the end of the month. They are also working on jdm bumper covers (front and rear) so we could go with the type r kit as well.
-Jay

02SilverSiHB
10-08-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by JayDMep
I just got off the phone with King Motorsports I called about the fit on the mugen lip and it's manufactured to fit the jdm civics, right now they are working on a car for sema. They expect to also have a mugen replica to fit our cars out by the end of the month. They are also working on jdm bumper covers (front and rear) so we could go with the type r kit as well.
-Jay
cool, but I wonder if those jdm type r bumpers will be an arm and a leg, probably more than the ones on www.optauto.com

JayDMep
10-08-2002, 10:03 AM
they will be jdm replica bumpers not the actuall jdm bumpers so they will fit.

02SilverSiHB
10-08-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by JayDMep
they will be jdm replica bumpers not the actuall jdm bumpers so they will fit.
I'm sure they'll fit, but the price is what I'm talking about.

Si-Rican
10-08-2002, 11:02 AM
do u know if they're gonna make a cabon fiber mugen lip

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-08-2002, 11:35 AM
the JDM bumpers wont fit our SIs? the front and back bumper? im pretty sure it will fit rite?

02SilverSiHB
10-08-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
the JDM bumpers wont fit our SIs? the front and back bumper? im pretty sure it will fit rite?
damn, where have you been ;) they don't fit correctly without modification, they are slightly different

xlr8
10-08-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

damn, where have you been ;) they don't fit correctly without modification, they are slightly different
i stopped at king after work today and talked to scott. he said that he isnt sure about the lip kit, but it is probably for the type r. they get their si later this week so they havent fitted the kit yet. i asked previously about the ctr sides and scott said they were real oem parts and they would be less then from options.

on a side note they are doing the full build up of their si from this thursday until next friday. would be nice

dustinhurley
10-08-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm excited for this.

Mr.02BlackSIguY
10-08-2002, 11:46 PM
wow.. i didnt know that the JDM bumpers doesnt fit without mods.. anyone know how bad it doesnt fit? or is it just alittle mod here and there to make it fit.

HondaMan
10-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by xlr8

i stopped at king after work today and talked to scott. he said that he isnt sure about the lip kit, but it is probably for the type r. they get their si later this week so they havent fitted the kit yet. i asked previously about the ctr sides and scott said they were real oem parts and they would be less then from options.

on a side note they are doing the full build up of their si from this thursday until next friday. would be nice

Coolness, keep us informed bro! Take some spy photos of it!!! :)

xlr8
10-09-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by HondaMan

Coolness, keep us informed bro! Take some spy photos of it!!! :)
i think scott is taking pics of the build up, but he told me i should stop by. they are going to be busy. new engine suspention(including 5 lug conversion), new front and rear bumpers, side skirts, lip kit, spoiler, mugen seats and a mugen digital dash. ALL IN ONE WEEK. im tired from thinking about that. one last thing is its starting as a black car and by the end of next week it will be championship white

02blksi
10-09-2002, 06:24 PM
sounds neat! keep us posted! did he say that he would post pic on kings website when finished? thanks --joe

xlr8
10-09-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by 02blksi
sounds neat! keep us posted! did he say that he would post pic on kings website when finished? thanks --joe
he was saying come by next week and take pics for the site at the same time. im not sure if that ment he was going to take pics for kings site or if i should take pics for us here. either way ill try to get some pics if he doesnt right away

siep
10-10-2002, 09:02 AM
Yay!

myeverlovinsir
10-10-2002, 06:05 PM
Check this pricey shite out!

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/products/mugen/civic_ep/ep3_aerokit_small.jpg

Mugen SI bodykit (http://www.kingmotorsports.com/products/mugen/civic_ep/)

My Ever Lovin SIR...:p

yomamaInMySi
10-11-2002, 09:47 AM
For that kind of price I hope the fucker flies.

xlr8
10-21-2002, 03:11 PM
i saw the mugen si today. man its nice, but they have run into alot more problems then expected. tim(the mechanic putting the car together) was telling me the only easy part so far was the k20a swap. the sideskirts didnt mount right, the front and rear bumpers needed the jdm bumper supports, the mugen seats didnt fit on the rails right. the car has to be shipped by tomorrow and its nowhere near done, but man does it look cool

02SilverSiHB
10-22-2002, 04:31 AM
i saw the mugen si today. man its nice, but they have run into alot more problems then expected. tim(the mechanic putting the car together) was telling me the only easy part so far was the k20a swap. the sideskirts didnt mount right, the front and rear bumpers needed the jdm bumper supports, the mugen seats didnt fit on the rails right. the car has to be shipped by tomorrow and its nowhere near done, but man does it look cool
so the mugen si body kit is fine? or is that what you are referring to as the sideskirts and bumpers. I thought the mugen kit was basically just the front lip. The side skirts and rear lip were just oem CTR parts

siep
10-22-2002, 07:56 AM
Did they have an exhaust and intake on their car?

HK_EP3
10-22-2002, 02:09 PM
what u mean u just saw it? thats hella tight, where u live and where did u see it at? where is it now?

CleanBlackSi02
10-23-2002, 02:48 PM
Keep us posted on any updates!

The Mugen bumper covers...they will be designed for the Si, to fit without modification? They're not part of a package deal with the replica Type R lips? Thannxxxxx!

xlr8
10-23-2002, 03:09 PM
i saw the mugen si at king motorsports. the sides and rear are oem honda, but they dont fit properly. also the mugen kit is for the japan spec front bumper. it has a mugen air box, header,and i think exhaust on it, but the best part is it has a k20a. if you want all the specs they are on kings site. all the parts on their rsx were stripped off and put on the si, so look under the rsx project car for all the parts on the si

MugenR
10-24-2002, 10:16 AM
Hey man, keep us posted on what is going on and try and get pics ASAP.
I am going to do the Mugen bodykit to my car, but I am glad that someone else is trying it first.
I plan on doing it in the spring and hopefully all the problems will be sorted out by then.

So please keep us all updated.
Thanks
Drew

xlr8
10-24-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by MugenR
Hey man, keep us posted on what is going on and try and get pics ASAP.
I am going to do the Mugen bodykit to my car, but I am glad that someone else is trying it first.
I plan on doing it in the spring and hopefully all the problems will be sorted out by then.

So please keep us all updated.
Thanks
Drew
there is alot more involved with the mugen kit then i thought, so i think im going a different route. i will get pics a soon as i can, but the car is on its way to sema right now so it will be awhile