PDA

View Full Version : Original Mod?

MrSlippyfist
03-30-2004, 10:42 PM
Hey fellow homies... :D This is my first post but I've been reading the site forever.

You know how when you unlock the driver's door manually, the passenger door and hatch unlock also? I want to run a switch/relay to the back of both door handles to whatever controls the power locks. That way as soon as you pull the handle back slightly, the relay engages, all doors unlock, and exiting your vehicle becomes a one-step process. What do you all think? I'm going to tear into my door this weekend to see if it's possible.

VividDreams
03-31-2004, 12:38 AM
interesting...sounds origional to me, let us know how it works out

VBSI
03-31-2004, 01:19 AM
A slight pull on the handle won't do it, full engagement must happen exactly like the pulse that is sent from the key turn. Good luck on this, and I hope you can figure it out...two thumb presses on my keyless is too much. J/K

japanese
03-31-2004, 01:39 AM
i've never used my key to open my door. i've never pulled on the lock to unlock from inside. my car unlocks when engine is turned off. and locks when driving.

VividDreams
03-31-2004, 04:15 AM
mine does that too, but that is just a function of my alarm

cj miller
03-31-2004, 06:39 AM
mine used to do thats great thing also. never using the key in the door....but NOT ANYMORE! now my alarm goes nuts so i had to turn it off and the unlock and lock buttons on the key dont work (i checked the battery). So basically my alarm and locks have disowned me and live there own lives locking and unlocking whenever they please. YAY

1flySi2002
03-31-2004, 01:39 PM
my locks are still virgins also. and always will be. sounds like a cool mod, but like the other guy said, is pressing the button really that hard?!?!

MrSlippyfist
04-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Well, no, pushing your unlock button isn't that hard. It's just more of a convenience kind of thing. I forgot what I was riding in, a Bimmer or a Merc, but the doors locked when they were closed and right as you began to pull the handle back to get out, the locks popped open. I think little things like that make a car.

potator
04-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Hahaha, sounds kinda similar to my setup, only I didn't do mine myself. Mine is via my alarm system, which works by locking all the doors automatically when I start my car, and unlocking all the doors automatically when I turn the car off. This results in basically the exact same thing you're talking about. I've had my alarm system since the first month I've had my car, so I don't remember how it feels like to have to lock/unlock manually all the time. But just imagining it, I think I'd find it a pain in the ass to go back now.:D :smilem: :D