PDA

View Full Version : Help on Rear sway end link

Mad02Si
03-31-2004, 04:36 AM
I was installing my rear sway but one of my end link allen hole got stripped. I know some hove used pliers to get it off but I tried and my shit keeps turning. The nut was really tough to even get going even though I used wd40 on it. Should I try a better penetrating lube to remove this cause I dont want ot wait a week and a half to get a new end link. Any help would be great.

Mad02Si
03-31-2004, 07:49 AM
Got it off. Mods you can close this if you like.

BarracksSi
03-31-2004, 10:53 AM
Aw, c'mon, tell us what the key was! :)

FCobra94
03-31-2004, 12:20 PM
Yeah, how'd you do it man? :confused:

Mine went on just fine, but the extra knowledge won't hurt ;)

Peking
03-31-2004, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
Yeah, how'd you do it man? :confused:

Mine went on just fine, but the extra knowledge won't hurt ;)

Allen wrench goes inside the endlike bolt so it stops it from moving. Took me a while to figure that one out :(

Mad02Si
03-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Peking
Allen wrench goes inside the endlike bolt so it stops it from moving. Took me a while to figure that one out :( Yeah I had the Allen key in there but it stripped out.. I was going to buy new endlinks, but they had to be ordered. So after a half hour break I gave it another shot with the channel locks still nothing. Then I decided to use an old trick, I poured some brake fluid on the nut and let it sit. Channel locks again and the fucking thinks came off fairly easy. Wd40 just didnt penetrate that damn nut. So thats what I did it handles great just have a vibration problem with the Racing Medallion other than that its done.