PDA

View Full Version : How do wheel places refinish rims?

SOUTHPAW
03-31-2004, 09:54 AM
I'm getting my car lowered tomorrow, so I decided to put my Konig imagines back on. After I got them on, I noticed that I had put some scratches on them driving around last summer. Nothing deep, just some curb scratches and some scratches around where the lug nuts go. So I called up this wheel place and they'll refinish them for like $65.00 dollars a rim. My question is, what exactly does refinishing a wheel entail? Do they sand blast them, wet sand them, etc.... Also, what type of clear coat do they put on them when there done. Is it a spray or do they have a tank that they dip them in? Just curious, because I'd like too know before I set up an appointment next week to drop them off. Any help would be well appreciated...

skooba
03-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Why not ask them?

Si4U2NV
03-31-2004, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by skooba
Why not ask them?

hehe hehe... allllright... (hehe i love quagmire)

yeah, and get some pics! i wanna see them in action!

-Mike

SOUTHPAW
03-31-2004, 10:14 AM
I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner. He was at a show or something. He won't be back until monday, which is when I'm going to call again. I only got to talk to the receptionist, and all that she knew was the price a rim? I'm just curious, and would like to know before I call them back on monday.