PDA

View Full Version : Noob in Da Tiburon

ColeIketani
03-31-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey what's up homes? I don't actually drive an EP3 but I do know some homies who do and figured I would check the scene out. I drive a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon. Hey Breise, it's D$!!!!
So here I am

-ColeIketani:cool:

Brettnyt
03-31-2004, 10:38 AM
Haha, hey man, whats up? For those of the local guys that came to the meet at Fry's, this is the guy with the Blue Tiburon and the good sense of humor.

oogy-boogy
03-31-2004, 10:51 PM
WElcome to the site :)

You can be EPHatch's adopted foster child :D

ColeIketani
03-31-2004, 11:09 PM
<Gets all weepy>
:'( this is the happiest money of my life....now where is my big sack of money?;)

Si3
03-31-2004, 11:50 PM
Any time slips in the tibby? what mods? (or you and brettnyt ever run?)

just curious because a friend of a friend has one and claims he dusts SVT cobra's on the regular with I/E. i know that hes full of $h!t, but just wanna see how much and if i could hang in the EP.

Just a guess, but i thought Tibby Vs. EP is just about a driver's race with a slight advantage to the tibby (6/speed & V6).

thanks.

-A.

emosubaru
04-01-2004, 11:20 AM
uhh...
they're both great cars but i'd have to say, i think the tiburon is quite a bit faster than the si, stock for stock. the tiburon isn't much heavier(~2900lbs) and makes 230hp to the si's 160. 0-60 times according to consumerguide.com are 8.0 for the si and 7.7 for the tib, but that is with the extra shifting due to a 6-speed. quarter mile times should show a much greater divergence... i've heard of low 15s for tibs and low 16s for ep3s.

dynos of tiburons with intake and exhaust make nearly 170 hp at the wheels.

granted the tib can't hold a candle to a car like the svt cobra, even with i/e... but i don't think the GTV6 and the Si are even closely matched.

then again, i think the Si would handle much better and take to mods far better than the tib...

and get an A2 in the si and well... hehe. bye bye hyundai:confused: :D

Brettnyt
04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Si3
Any time slips in the tibby? what mods? (or you and brettnyt ever run?)

Nope, weve never run. He just knows I will take him to school. I hate to ruin the fun, but his Tib is a base auto. Oh well, I think hees plannin some "Overnight parts from japan" pretty soon. Should be fun... But his car still will be the official ass wiper of my EP ;) :D

ColeIketani
04-01-2004, 11:28 AM
No mods right now. First I need $$$$. Plus mine is the I4 so I need some forced induction like the Apexi Turbo Kit or the kit from Gude that that adds about 250 crank hp. Right out seriously, Brettnyt's SI would smoke just because of the hp to the wheels and the massive weight. Also I got the I4 because the insurance was lower and I had to pay for 1/2 of the car out of my own pocket.

Breise and I can talk about a serious run after I get meh Turbo. Seriously I'm going to need donations to the I need money $$$$. Just drop the money off in a brown paper bag on my doorstop that says $MONEAH FOR YA'LL$

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-01-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by emosubaru
uhh...
they're both great cars but i'd have to say, i think the tiburon is quite a bit faster than the si, stock for stock. the tiburon isn't much heavier(~2900lbs) and makes 230hp to the si's 160. 0-60 times according to consumerguide.com are 8.0 for the si and 7.7 for the tib, but that is with the extra shifting due to a 6-speed. quarter mile times should show a much greater divergence... i've heard of low 15s for tibs and low 16s for ep3s.

dynos of tiburons with intake and exhaust make nearly 170 hp at the wheels.

granted the tib can't hold a candle to a car like the svt cobra, even with i/e... but i don't think the GTV6 and the Si are even closely matched.

then again, i think the Si would handle much better and take to mods far better than the tib...

and get an A2 in the si and well... hehe. bye bye hyundai:confused: :D

Where on earth did you get your info?

#1.) Tiburon is NOT 230 HP...
You're off by about 60HP, bro...
2.7L V6, 24 valve, 172@6000hp (absolutely PITIFUL for a V6!)

#2.) BOTH Tiburon 6spd AND Si 5spd need 3rd gear to hit 60 mph.

#3.) People here have gotten mid 15's in their stock Si.
Personally I got a 15.8 stock, but I weigh over 350 lbs.

#4.) Stock vs. Stock, Tiburon vs. Si is a drivers race.

#5.) You are right about one thing, A2 Si = clearly > Tiburon V6.

ColeIketani
04-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
I think hees plannin some "Overnight parts from japan" pretty soon. Should be fun... But his car still will be the official ass wiper of my EP ;) :D

Damn right I'm going to get "overnight parts from JAPAN!!!"... and I'll work my way up so that sooner or later you'll see a new H pulling away from you

but seriously, you're my homies so I'm not here to burn you lol

STP03BlueSI
04-10-2004, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
WElcome to the site :)

You can be EPHatch's adopted foster child :D

Why would we want to adopt a Tib?:rolleyes: LMAO...

Welcome to the site:angel:

Always remember to rotate those tires every 6 thousand miles.

siver-SI
04-10-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by ColeIketani
Hey what's up homes? I don't actually drive an EP3 but I do know some homies who do and figured I would check the scene out. I drive a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon. Hey Breise, it's D$!!!!
So here I am

-ColeIketani:cool:

What model did you get? I looked at the fully decked out model, I can not remember the pagage model though. I had one problem though with a long leg I could not fit into the car. :( My knees were against the dash board. If it was not for that I would have that in my driveway and not the EP.

Post some pics of it. I still like the car.

ColeIketani
04-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by siver-SI
What model did you get? I looked at the fully decked out model, I can not remember the pagage model though. I had one problem though with a long leg I could not fit into the car. :( My knees were against the dash board. If it was not for that I would have that in my driveway and not the EP.

Post some pics of it. I still like the car.

I got the Inline Four Model, because of the insurance reasons. Plus the castiron block for the I4 responds better to boost, which once I start making enough $$$$ I can start saving for a turbo from Gude.

ColeIketani
04-10-2004, 08:26 AM
plus I'll start posting some pics soon, I just have to find the charger for my digtial camera and stuff...lol sry just got up