PDA

View Full Version : Search words!!!

audomatik
03-31-2004, 12:08 PM
Okay, so searching on this site has become frustrating. I was searching for threads with intakes and exhaust in them and can't do it because I need 4 letter words.

Words that should be able to search for:
DC Sports
AEM
HKS

... and some other but these are the ones I just tried searching for. This is frustrating. Someone at least allow these words, if you can.

Tenacious G
03-31-2004, 12:09 PM
add a "*" on the end

Peking
03-31-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
add a "*" on the end

Just like what the G Man says.

Also Example:

DCSports

One word

:D

audomatik
03-31-2004, 12:14 PM
DCSports brings up like 3 threads

Peking
03-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by audomatik
DCSports brings up like 3 threads

Eh... Well it isn't perfect lol

You sure? I got these many...

Click me (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=369209&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

And you can use words like, "Sports". Will still bring up all threads/posts with that word in it. You just have to take the time to look.

audomatik
03-31-2004, 01:00 PM
But something as popular as AEM and HKS, being one of the best intakes for our car and one of the best exhausts for our car, should be able to be searched for. Just my opinion. I myself am looking for an HKS exhaust or information on the exhaust, but I can't find a damn thing dammit! HAhaha. oh well.

Peking
03-31-2004, 01:06 PM
But something as popular as AEM and HKS, being one of the best intakes for our car and one of the best exhausts for our car, should be able to be searched for. Just my opinion. I myself am looking for an HKS exhaust or information on the exhaust, but I can't find a damn thing dammit! HAhaha. oh well.

Yeah it can be, just have to understand that the search engine works like any other (Yahoo, Google, etc.). It will find key words and link um.

Like HKS...

Click me and search the titles that may have info for their exhaust (http://www.ephatch.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=369228&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

:)

audomatik
03-31-2004, 01:08 PM
What would I do without you Peking... haha thanks.

Peking
03-31-2004, 01:13 PM
What would I do without you Peking... haha thanks.

No problem folk, hope this all helps for something :D Oh and HKS Hi-Power Exhaust is very nice :cool:

fsugatorbait
04-01-2004, 11:10 AM
A while back the search only required 3 letters. Does anyone know why it was changed to 4?