PDA

View Full Version : Lucky!

ep3_civic_si
03-31-2004, 01:34 PM
OMG i got the USDM type r kit here's the story just a few minutes ago i just finished pre drilling my holes for my kit and i was about to start prepppin my kit so i left the front lip in front of my car i was about to start sanding it down and those of u that has remote start you know that your not suppose to leave it in gear! well ur not suppose to leave it in gear or it will take off. well i left it in gear and the car took off taking my lip with it! and slammed it against the car! man i was like man i'm srewed! i went in the shut it off backed up and saw no scratches on my car so that was cool and looked at my lip in disapointment and i was supprised that it was only a little crack...i wished i took some picture of it but i already patched up the crack with bondo:D well yeah just wanted to share the story i'll take come picture of the patched up kit tomorrow morning when i go sand it down to even out the crack well

:patrick:

ep3_civic_si
03-31-2004, 01:36 PM
oh yeah if any of you guy's are wondering if the fiberglass for the USDM type r kit from SS is good from my expierience i believe it's probably the best:D considering that my car basically crushed my kit but ended up with just a crack

:patrick:

kidXStreme
03-31-2004, 02:17 PM
what were you thinking???just messing...good to hear that the fiberglass kit holds its own.

VBSI
03-31-2004, 02:48 PM
You need to get the right type of remote starter first off...in the world, there exists many a remote starter that will not engage unless the e-brake is pulled.

DumbNewB
03-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Damn that would have scared the shit out of me if that ever happened, glad to hear that ur car and ur lip are fine.

!@#$%
04-01-2004, 12:18 AM
it relieves me to hear how the kit i just bought has quite a tolerance- despite the fiberglass stereotype.

emosubaru
04-01-2004, 11:30 AM
i'm really hoping this is an april fools joke...:eek: :confused:

ep3_civic_si
04-01-2004, 12:55 PM
no it's not a april fools joke:D and yeah i did get the right remote start VBSI it's just i was jackin up my car to drill the holes in the rear wheels for my side skirts and i had put it in gear i do that so just incase the car won't move forward and when i had put back the wheels i was too busy putting my drills etc back that i had forgot :confused: that i had left it in gear that's all:D but it's fine now i took some pics i patched it up with bondo and now it's as good as new! well yeah hey VBSI no matter what remote starter u get if you leave it in gear it's gonna take off cuzz the clutch is bypass to remote start the car even though the e-brake is on as well it will still move because remote start is not suppose to be for manual well i guess next time i better be more cautious:p

Patrick

fsugatorbait
04-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by ep3_civic_si
VBSI no matter what remote starter u get if you leave it in gear it's gonna take off cuzz the clutch is bypass to remote start the car even though the e-brake is on as well it will still move because remote start is not suppose to be for manual well i guess next time i better be more cautious:p

Patrick

Not with compustar, you have to prime your car for autostart.

bobdobbs
04-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I give the bondo 6 months before it falls out.

ep3_civic_si
04-02-2004, 04:45 PM
that's cool i learned something new:D but yeah i'm just more catious now but yeah as far as bondo it's a small patch it's not a big one sooo hopefully it won't fall out:o