PDA

View Full Version : Carzy bad milage

BunnyBunBun
03-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Is it just me, or is everybody with turbo has very very very bad milage? I am talking about very bad. Also, my engine light is always on, and even if i reset the computer and it goes away. It would light back on after a while. One thing i am guessing is my e-manage is pumping too much fuel......but i am not sure.

P.S. it there anyone running 8 psi on greddy? Because i am thinking about of raising me boost from 6.5 to 8 without tearing the engine apart.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-31-2004, 11:52 PM
That would make sense since larger injectors squirt more fuel.
;)

Sorry for stating the obvious, but you should've realized that before stepping up to boost.

ep_nezay
04-01-2004, 09:48 AM
It shouldnt be bad, bad mileage, like you said.
I lost about 50miles to a full tank.
Im guessing you are not running the new e-manage program?

BunnyBunBun
04-05-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by ep_nezay
It shouldnt be bad, bad mileage, like you said.
I lost about 50miles to a full tank.
Im guessing you are not running the new e-manage program?

I think so too. I am waiting for summer to send it in to get it fix.

STP03BlueSI
04-06-2004, 06:19 AM
Larger injectors + no management(or bad) = Bad gas milage.

Might be the Octane you are running. I hear if you run lower octane then you will get crappy gas milage, and crappy performance

CSMsi311
04-06-2004, 06:28 PM
if you are running too rich you will be getting bad gas mileage. The check engine light is probably the "too rich/lean warning" or "bad O2 sensor"(fouled O2 sensor) Put your car on a dyno and see what a/f you are running.

if your turbo is running properly you will still see a drop in mileage cause it takes fuel to make power.

BunnyBunBun
04-06-2004, 11:11 PM
I never run on any thing but 93 for gas. Also, i think it is running too rich. Now i just want to fix it ASAP, cause gas$$ is killing me.

fsugatorbait
04-07-2004, 06:07 AM
if your running the emanage which in essence is a preprogrammed fuel management tool, what could be causing you to still run rich?

EPHatchgirl
04-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Actually, I had talked to Lee about this very thing, and he states that a properly tuned boosted car will get better gas mileage than stock. I made some adjustments to different parts of the RPM band, at different throttle usage, and found this to be true.

I am not running lean, but when I cruise at around 3k, I am using about 30% less than stock fuel settings. Obviously, whenever I go into boost, there is PLENTY of fuel in there, but for the lower throttle settings, you can REALLY save on fuel by having it tuned properly.

Flame if you will, and I didn't believe it at first either. I just found out that I was running ridiculously rich.

Oh yeah, and if you are running really really rich, it could throw a check engine light if it causes you to "miss". Hope this helps.

EPHatchgirl
04-07-2004, 07:14 AM
Actually, I had talked to Lee about this very thing, and he states that a properly tuned boosted car will get better gas mileage than stock. I made some adjustments to different parts of the RPM band, at different throttle usage, and found this to be true.

I am not running lean, but when I cruise at around 3k, I am using about 30% less than stock fuel settings. Obviously, whenever I go into boost, there is PLENTY of fuel in there, but for the lower throttle settings, you can REALLY save on fuel by having it tuned properly.

Flame if you will, and I didn't believe it at first either. I just found out that I was running ridiculously rich.

Oh yeah, and if you are running really really rich, it could throw a check engine light if it causes you to "miss". Hope this helps.

CSMsi311
04-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Believe me you cannot make substancially more power without adding fuel. The -30% correction is most likely due to cutting down the pulse of the larger injectors.

I have a feeling we are on different wavelengths right now.:angel: