PDA

View Full Version : Prog's or Sport's?? which would you get? HELP needed ASAP

02blksi
10-08-2002, 07:01 PM
same as tittle, what would you get.
Im looking for a somewhat aggressive stance, Great handling (best you can get with lowering springs), and overall quality between the 2. --thanks--joe

Pradamuimui
10-08-2002, 07:08 PM
I would get the Eibach Pro-kit!!!

02blksi
10-08-2002, 07:11 PM
no thanks they dont lower the car enough for my taste, and the sportlines are just a more aggressive spring made by eiblach.

now back to the original ???

sportlines or progress (sp) springs.

-joe

PoRT
10-08-2002, 07:14 PM
sportlines.. definatly

02blksi
10-08-2002, 07:22 PM
port what was the cheapest you got yours for? shipped? thanks

PoRT
10-08-2002, 08:47 PM
i personally got mine for $220.00 shipped from coximports.com. but the guy on my sig has awesome prices, call him and ask, i bet he'll beat that price

*note.. i havnt dealt with the prog's.. but i am completely satified with my sportlines. i cant say anything about the progs though

IceD out N CALI
10-08-2002, 08:51 PM
sportlines is my pick

civic hatch boi
10-08-2002, 09:26 PM
just cut ur springs, they are awesome! better than stock ride quality and perfect height. and it's cheaper.

02SilverSiHB
10-09-2002, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
just cut ur springs, they are awesome! better than stock ride quality and perfect height. and it's cheaper.
yeah, and dangerous. tell me you didn't do that?

ssvr6
10-09-2002, 04:32 AM
Cutting springs? That has to be the number one ghetto mod. It's the stupidist mod you can make. I'd take altezzas and a clear hood over cut springs.

Get the sportlines. Eibach makes top quality parts and the drop looks pretty good. (My question is, with an agressive drop like that, wouldn't you want to do shocks at the same time?)

Steve

DynaSpeed
10-09-2002, 05:23 AM
why not Ground Controls?

02SilverSiHB
10-09-2002, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Cutting springs? That has to be the number one ghetto mod. It's the stupidist mod you can make. I'd take altezzas and a clear hood over cut springs.

Get the sportlines. Eibach makes top quality parts and the drop looks pretty good. (My question is, with an agressive drop like that, wouldn't you want to do shocks at the same time?)

Steve
yeah, I agree about the shocks. I'm just waiting for some other company to get off their booty and make a striaght swap for the front ones....I'm not into cutting my stock shocks...no thanks.
I want to know what the spring rate is for sportlines. progress is 280lbs in the front and 500lbs in the rear

Acidburn
10-09-2002, 11:08 AM
I'll just go with Ground Control Coil Overs for now, and stick with the stock shocks right now - since they are new. They'd last maybe for about 8 to 10 months, before they start becoming ...crap. But after 8 to 10 months, I'll switch to sportsline pro kit. :)

Oops, not the sportsline pro kit, but Eibach pro (I can be absent minded sometimes :p )

02blksi
10-09-2002, 04:37 PM
what does everyone think of this, i can get either progress springs for 140 plus shipping, or sportlines for 199 shipped, or just buy gc's for 320:eek: ---doubtful on the gc's---kinda pricey --joe

todaCspec
10-10-2002, 01:18 PM
not to crazy about the 1.4/1.5 sportline drop. how about Neuspeed race 2.5/2.5 or Comptech 1.5/1.5. our stock height,front is lower than rear, if anything i'd like to retain factory stance.
for the older civics,eibach springs tend to give the front more of a gap than rear.
otherwise Eibach sport line.

dannysi
10-10-2002, 08:21 PM
I would take the sportlines for 200 shipped. Eibach is a better quality. Better to spend the money up front to get the good stuff, than to spend it later on correcting the damage from the bad.
This is of course my 2cents....

02SilverSiHB
10-10-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by dannysi
I would take the sportlines for 200 shipped. Eibach is a better quality. Better to spend the money up front to get the good stuff, than to spend it later on correcting the damage from the bad.
This is of course my 2cents....
so are you saying neuspeed, h&r, progress, are not as good and will break the suspension?
I had sportlines before....they made so much noise, I got H&R and the handling was better, the drop was even and no noise. This was on my 97 Civic, not the same car as now, but non the less I have experience with this

Jpax
10-10-2002, 08:54 PM
I would get the TEIN S-tech Progressave springs. 2.25 drop in front and 2.25 in rear..

Thats what im ordering, 190 shiped. set of4

02SilverSiHB
10-10-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
I would get the TEIN S-tech Progressave springs. 2.25 drop in front and 2.25 in rear..

Thats what im ordering, 190 shiped. set of4
damn, that's a good price

02blksi
10-10-2002, 09:00 PM
paxie where did you get them for at this price?

Jpax
10-10-2002, 09:54 PM
I have friends all over:p
http://www.tein.co.jp/ti/comment/img/sa123.jpg

http://www.tein.co.jp/ti/comment/img/sa122.jpg

this is what it looks installed /\ the rims are 17"

They only make this type of spring for our EP3
They will hit the shores in late november.
Part # SKA12-S1B00

I thought it was a 2.25 in drop, but it looks like just a 1.75 to 2.0

http://www.tein.co.jp/img/stech1.jpg

Call you local Dealer, i did.

Jpax
10-10-2002, 10:58 PM
http://www.jaydm.com/tein/stech.htm

Scrool down to list of cars

HondaMan
10-10-2002, 11:39 PM
Progress

02blksi
10-11-2002, 08:38 AM
157 front
291 rear

kinda soft ?? no? BTW where does it say how much they drop the car? -- but for that price its a great deal. Ill probably go with these--paxie where did you find how low it drops the car? thanks --joe

02SilverSiHB
10-11-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by 02blksi
157 front
291 rear

kinda soft ?? no? BTW where does it say how much they drop the car? -- but for that price its a great deal. Ill probably go with these--paxie where did you find how low it drops the car? thanks --joe
is that the spring rate for the sportlines!? that's terrible. Are you sure that's not the spring rate for the 2001 civic, not including the Si.

Jpax
10-11-2002, 09:11 AM
GEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

http://www.jaydm.com/tein/stech.htm <----------WEBSITE

THE PART # FOR OUR SPRINGS IS # SKA12-S1B00

http://www.t-mail.com/cgi-bin/tsail?lp=ja-en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tein.co.jp%2Fstech2h.html

Japenesse tranlated /\ /\

Now scroll down to the Type R theres photos there. and a huge red circle taht says NEW. the specs are there also.

Some Times you guys drive me CRAZY

dannysi
10-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

so are you saying neuspeed, h&r, progress, are not as good and will break the suspension?
I had sportlines before....they made so much noise, I got H&R and the handling was better, the drop was even and no noise. This was on my 97 Civic, not the same car as now, but non the less I have experience with this

No I am not saying that Neuspeed, H&R are cheap brands.
I had H&R's in my 91 Accord, and I had the Neuspeed in my 97 GTIVR6. I don't have expeience with the progress brand. But people I know that have had them did not like the feel(Ride, Handling). Sorry if I didn't clarify myself.

02SilverSiHB
10-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by dannysi

No I am not saying that Neuspeed, H&R are cheap brands.
I had H&R's in my 91 Accord, and I had the Neuspeed in my 97 GTIVR6. I don't have expeience with the progress brand. But people I know that have had them did not like the feel(Ride, Handling). Sorry if I didn't clarify myself.
well so far I like mine....but it's nothing compared to how my previous car drove....maybe once I get different wheel/tires and add the rest of my sturt bars it'll come closer.

02blksi
10-11-2002, 02:09 PM
02 -- that was off the website that paxie originally linked me to jaydm.com or whatever, those are the spring rates for the tein springs --BTW IMO these are WAYYYY to soft springs for my taste--

PAXIE-- RELAX, the tein springs IMO are way to soft, they dont lower the car enough and i think you need to convert into inches (the numbers on the site are in KGF's whatever that means) so i dont think you will be lowered 2.0 inches. But whatever, thanks for posting this info.

Right now its a toss up between the neuspeed race, and the progress springs --- eiblach are to $$ IMO :) --- I had the neuspeed race on my old civic (98) and i loved them used them for 2 years + on my stock shocks never had a problem either..

todaCspec
10-12-2002, 06:31 AM
Progress has a suspension upgrade for 02 SI. it includes 1.75/1.75 drop,optimized for use on stock shocks. meant to be used on city streets w/o a harsh ride because of increased spring rates. they're also offering larger front and rear sway bars w/chasis reinforcement brace, 27mm/22mm.
test results show .97g on the skidpad, over 73 mph on the salom course.
maybe something to look into?

02blksi
10-12-2002, 11:29 AM
"test results show .97g on the skidpad, over 73 mph on the salom course.
maybe something to look into?"

GREAT INFO thanks! BTW were did you find these stats? on their website (progress?)

CleanBlackSi02
12-14-2002, 11:01 AM
Does anyone know if either of these spring sets are higher in the rear? Post pics!!

S800Racer
12-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi

OK, my.02 on cutting springs:
it's not the best b/c spring rates won't be right. OTH, it's the oldest susp. mod in the book and anyone that says it's insane is too young to remember that aftermarket parts to mod your ride were not always so readily available. Ever heard of replacing stock oil in a shock/strut with nice, thick STP? Sure, it wears out struts faster but you'll have stiff shocks while they last. We have a lot more choices now :) but mods like cutting springs are OK if you don't want to spend any money

lewjay
12-18-2002, 03:49 AM
Just got my Progress Springs and Ingalls Camber kit. Hopefully I'll have time to install them this weekend.;)
http://www.dslextreme.com/users/lewjay//ep/springs.jpg

HondaMan
12-18-2002, 06:29 AM
Where did you get the Ingalls Camber kit? Please advise...thanks in advance! I need to get one soon (I have Progress springs & they're great!).

lewjay
12-18-2002, 10:06 AM
I got the rear kit from www.iapdirect.com for $125 shipped.

HondaMan
12-18-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by lewjay
I got the rear kit from www.iapdirect.com for $125 shipped.

Cool, thanks for the link and please let us know and/or PM me how it works out for you. Getting some feedback from you with it installed would be great to have before I buy it. Thanks again! :)

silver ep
12-18-2002, 10:48 AM
optimized for use on stock shocks.
Anyone know if this is true?

Also Id say go with Progress, Ive never read anything bad about them on any sites. ie superhonda, clubsi, ephatch.

S800Racer
12-18-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by silver ep

Anyone know if this is true?

Also Id say go with Progress, Ive never read anything bad about them on any sites. ie superhonda, clubsi, ephatch.

H&R screwed me by selling my the wrong spring (designed for '01 EX. They told me it would work on my car and refused to take it back. since then they have done a spring for the Si.)

I bought progress springs and they shipped me the wrong front springs (3/4 inch too wide). They were cool about it and replaced them with the correct springs. I'd say go with Progress. They give a nice 2" drop, good handling and the company will work with you to solve problems.

lewjay
12-20-2002, 12:25 AM
Got rear ended last night so I won't be doing any mods until I get my car fixed. :'(

kpxplaya415
12-20-2002, 01:23 AM
Got rear ended last night so I won't be doing any mods until I get my car fixed. :'(

dam went from happy to sad :( :'( hopefully it'll be very soon and you can put your prog's and cambers on.

IceD out N CALI
12-20-2002, 01:31 AM

awwww, that sucks

lewjay
12-20-2002, 02:06 AM
Yeah, it's such a burn. My car is not even 1 month old. Oh, and I just got these
http://www.dslextreme.com/users/lewjay//ep/fog.jpg

AND my header was just shipped.:'(