PDA

View Full Version : Bridegestone Potenzas?

kHATCHmEP3
04-01-2004, 11:03 PM
hey wssup! i'm lookin at buyin a set of Bridgestone potenza tires for my EP..im looking at the RE750s, RE950s or G009s. need some help in deciding which to choose. my priorities are the threadwear and the good grip it can give in all surfaces..esp in the snow! lemme know what ya'll think. peace!

chubbychu
04-01-2004, 11:30 PM
if price isnt a factor...bridgestone has a superior set of tires called the potenza s0-3 pole position or something like that...you should check those out cuz ive heard they are really really really really awesome.

they dont really fit into your priorities though so...nevermind

!@#$%
04-02-2004, 06:56 AM
ya, be sure to look at the pole position s03's.

Stoop
04-02-2004, 07:20 AM
I have Bridgestone Pole Positions S-03s on my car and I'm very happy with them. They are awesome in the wet and dry weather. But since they are a performance tire, they are NOT a good snow tire. I have winter tires to use in the snow. The way the treading is patterned, the S-03s just spin in the snow and on ice. Any of the 3 choices you listed above are good all-season tires that will do just fine in the snow. Hope this helps.:cool:

fsugatorbait
04-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by StoopSi
I have Bridgestone Pole Positions S-03s on my car and I'm very happy with them. They are awesome in the wet and dry weather. But since they are a performance tire, they are NOT a good snow tire. I have winter tires to use in the snow. The way the treading is patterned, the S-03s just spin in the snow and on ice. Any of the 3 choices you listed above are good all-season tires that will do just fine in the snow. Hope this helps.:cool:

How is the treadwear with the tires? Im assuming there in the same class as the Aziens and es100s?

oogy-boogy
04-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by kHATCHmEP3
hey wssup! i'm lookin at buyin a set of Bridgestone potenza tires for my EP..im looking at the RE750s, RE950s or G009s. need some help in deciding which to choose. my priorities are the threadwear and the good grip it can give in all surfaces..esp in the snow! lemme know what ya'll think. peace!

Are you putting the tires on aftermarket rims or just getting replacements for the OEM Michelins?

Low Rider
04-02-2004, 07:46 AM
I am also running Bridgestone S-03's... they are awesome! I wouldn't use them in the snow though - this is a summer performance tire. ;)

Jay H
04-02-2004, 08:51 AM
I also state that I've heard many good things about the S-O3's (and older S-O2's) as a performance tire.

But, as others have said, PLEASE don't use these in the winter. Not only is the tread pattern not designed for snow traction, the tire compond is not suited for low temperatures. That tire will get very stiff in cold weather and won't perform well on cold pavement. Kinda like driving on hard plastic tires...

Mugen Power
04-02-2004, 09:14 AM
The S-02 is the better performance tire but horrible in any conditions other than dry roads. I think it's being discontinued, though. Anyway, this talk of S-02 and S-03 is kinda useless to him since he's looking for something good year round. :D

Stoop
04-02-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
How is the treadwear with the tires? Im assuming there in the same class as the Aziens and es100s?

I would say the treadwear is worse than those tires. The S-03s wear rather quickly. Treadwear was not an important factor to me when buying these tires. A good performance tire is going to wear quickly. If I was concerned with treadwear, I would have just put something on my car that would last 70,000 miles (and it would be crap performance wise). I chose the S-03s because I wanted the best handling tires in wet and dry conditions. I wanted something that would be sticky and keep me to the road (even if I have to replace them more often because of treadwear) and the S-03s fit that description the best based on the reviews I had read about the tire. I'll go on the record as saying I love the tires and will continue to buy them in the future.:cool:

fsugatorbait
04-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by StoopSi
I would say the treadwear is worse than those tires. The S-03s wear rather quickly. Treadwear was not an important factor to me when buying these tires. A good performance tire is going to wear quickly. If I was concerned with treadwear, I would have just put something on my car that would last 70,000 miles (and it would be crap performance wise). I chose the S-03s because I wanted the best handling tires in wet and dry conditions. I wanted something that would be sticky and keep me to the road (even if I have to replace them more often because of treadwear) and the S-03s fit that description the best based on the reviews I had read about the tire. I'll go on the record as saying I love the tires and will continue to buy them in the future.:cool:

Thanks. :cool:

One more question, what is the average life span under normal driving conditions?

Stoop
04-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
Thanks. :cool:

One more question, what is the average life span under normal driving conditions?

I've heard different answers from 12,000 miles:confused: to 20,000 miles. I'm still on my first set and have about 4,000 miles on them. I'd say I'll probably make it to pretty close to 20,000.:cool:

Don't get me wrong, that's still a horrid treadlife. But for the quality of performance I'm getting with the tire, it's worth it to me. I'd rather have better control on the roads when I'm driving compared to knowing that I saved a few bucks to get a tire that lasts forever.;)

Dunrick
04-02-2004, 11:04 AM
call me cosmetic, but the tread pattern looks stupid on the S-03, like a all-season, I like the look of aggressive tread patterns, such as es 100's, azenis, etc...

I've heard S-03's last about as long as an azenis. 10-15k with medium driving...under 10k w/ lots of racing.

ziich
04-02-2004, 11:52 AM
I took my Azenis in the snow. :cool: Needless to say, I had some pretty scary moments, especially when it was sleeting. You just have to accomodate by driving more carefully. But those Azenis were an awesome dry tire. Cheap also.

Si3
04-02-2004, 12:37 PM
im runnin' bridgestone potenza re92's on my aftermarket wheels, and let me tell you... they are unreal!!!

they are about $215-245 a tire mounted and balanced. well worth the $$ to me!

buy them, you'll love 'em!!!!

-aj-

kHATCHmEP3
04-02-2004, 01:14 PM
OK sounds good. Most likely i'll be putting 'em on the OEM rims replacing the stock michelins bcuz they are pretty bald now like vin diesel's head hehe..i like what i hear about the S-03s. maybe i'll get'em in the future when i buy rims..thanks for the posts! anyone know a good online store to get a good price tires? peacee

Jay H
04-02-2004, 01:30 PM
I get all of my tires from www.TireRack.com (http://www.TireRack.com)

Good prices, very quick shipping, good family owned company.

SF-SI-02
04-02-2004, 06:16 PM
I was seconds from buying the s-03, but then decided I drive a bit much for that tread wear speed. So instead I went with their turenza-v tire. It is the same price as the s-03, and this is what comes stock on the high end german cars. It holds much better than stock (I got 205's) but unlikely as well as the 03. I think it was the perfect compromise for me...I wrote a thread on them awhile back you may want to search it out