PDA

View Full Version : questions for those with the hondata flash

vivid blue Si
04-02-2004, 12:01 PM
I know that the red line is one of the things that change with this re flash my question is with good gas and good service history ie regular oil changes was this engine built well enough to handle that new number? I mean I dont red line every time I shift but I do red line it once every couple days in first and somtimes second gear. I now shift at 7000 when getting on it. and I beleive the new flash has
a 7700 red line. Now I dont want to rev to that number if I am making the most power at 7000 rpm. sorry I am rambling again Can the engine handle the occasional 7700 red line thats all. thanks for bearing with me.

oogy-boogy
04-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by vivid blue Si
.........Can the engine handle the occasional 7700 red line thats all. thanks for bearing with me.

Yup. Hondata basically designed the reflash so that when you shift, you will be in your powerband for the next gear. I've had it for ~ a month now and love it. There are some other members on the board who've had it for over a year with no problems. It makes the EP feel yummy...

fsugatorbait
04-02-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
It makes the EP feel yummy...

oogy, how do you feel a taste? :confused: :p

Its like that kid in school that wouldnt stop bothering you. Hondata is the bomb-digity; get it or use the search button. :)