PDA

View Full Version : exhaust cushion help!!

Si3
04-02-2004, 01:05 PM
*if this is in the wrong section, please move it*

ever since i caught my magnaflow exhaust on a curb its been making a ratteling noise on hard left turns. so i went under the car shook the exhuast and found where its hitting.

now the hard part, what can i put on my pipe (on the bend right before muffler) in order to have it not make the banging noise? i though some kind of cushion tape, but after thinking of the intense heat of the exhaust pipe, i figured that would not be a good solution.

so what can i put on the pipe to prevent the banging noise and it has to stand up to intense heat.

thanks in advance!

-aj-

johnkimble
04-02-2004, 01:33 PM
well what is banging what? is exhaust hitting swaybar? exhaust hitting something else? what kind of exhaust hangers are you running?

oogy-boogy
04-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Sounds like you may have just bent a hanger....If that's the case just heat it up with a torch and bend it back :)

STP03BlueSI
04-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by oogy-boogy
Sounds like you may have just bent a hanger....If that's the case just heat it up with a torch and bend it back :) +

Just be safe with it. Dont want to be readin about you burning your hand.

03silverEP
04-02-2004, 01:47 PM
my HKS was hitting my sway bar so I wrapped a piece of leather around the sway w/zip-ties and that fixed it

diab0lical
04-03-2004, 12:44 PM
i had the same problem, i used heat insulation tape and wraped a little bit of it around the bar it was hitting, it stopped the rattle noise and i check it everytime i stop to see if it melted or burnt away, but so far it's been ok.