PDA

View Full Version : Baer Brakes

Fast02
04-02-2004, 04:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone on this board has the Baer braking system on their EP3. Definately want to invest in that!!!;)

Opinions on Baer??

David K.
04-02-2004, 10:51 PM
They have a pretty good rep, though some of my friends with Mustangs were having problems with rotor warpage, so they went back to the SVO Cobra setup. Other than that, which may just be isolated to heavier domestics, I've only heard good things about them. For my money though, the best setup for the ep currently is Wilwood's setup. Several members here have them and rave about it.

johnnydanger
04-02-2004, 10:52 PM
yeah wilwoods are the shit... i love em... :D

cpu519
04-04-2004, 11:07 AM
I haven't seen the kit for an EP, is there one yet? But from what I've seen on their other kits, they use a one piece rotor/hub. This is heavier and doesn't cool as well as an aluminum hat/steel rotor kit. The caliper is also a two-piston floating style compared to the four-piston fixed calipers like Wilwood or Brembo. Fixed calipers are stiffer and provide a better clamping action. Now, the Baer may be a good kit and may have options as well. They are also expensive compared to other kits.

Fast02
04-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Thanks everyone! I'm going to check out the Wilwoods;)

FCobra94
04-04-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by David K.
They have a pretty good rep, though some of my friends with Mustangs were having problems with rotor warpage, so they went back to the SVO Cobra setup.

Iv'e heard the same from a fellow Mustang owner over on Club Si. I was surprised to hear that because I've heard nothing but good things from Baer, Mustang applications aside :confused: