PDA

View Full Version : hey, someone please help but need info in HUMAN TERMS...lol(S-AFC Controller)

Chrisbgft
10-08-2002, 09:14 PM
how does it work? I just bought one and heard it could really help my SI. Can u please show exactly how to work it and what and when to use it? thanx. never had a vtec so really have no idea. sorry.

Glix
10-08-2002, 10:57 PM
A what controller? I've never heard of S-AFC splain please.

fASTBACK
10-09-2002, 06:56 AM
Your controller lets you control your air/fuel ratio. You can program it so certain amount of air and fuel goes in your engine at a certain RPM. Inturn that would produce more HORSEPOWER but if tunned improperly. you can LOSE lots of HORSEPOWER.

Az02Si
10-09-2002, 08:10 AM
Heh i wouldnt even call this thing a Vtec........But tune that SAFC on the dyno,or you may just end up shooting yourself in the foot.

02blksi
10-09-2002, 01:03 PM
SAFC (Apexi) - Super Air Fuel Controller-
Alows total control of your air fuel ratio based upon engine rpm.

VAFC (Apexi) - does the same as above AND has the ability to change the engagement point of VTEC, but will not work on i-VTEC systems due to the fact that there is no preset RPM in which it engages, (constantly changing)

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Fields also makes a Vtec controller and a Air fuel controller. IMO Apexi is the best out there! --joe :)

cram
10-09-2002, 01:14 PM
the fields controller and the vafc are basically the same thing..it's just the apex unit is more flashy and the fields unit is more on the down low/sneak deaky style

both are quality units tho

02blksi
10-09-2002, 04:43 PM
ive heard of problems with the Field units shorting out/frying. Also the fields unit is less Graphic intensive for lack of a better word, and since i previously owned a V-AFC i can tell you it was GREAT, measured TP,MAP,RPM,VTEC engagement,and of course had a graphical display to adjust +/- fuel in 100 rpm incriments! The Apexi unit is FAR superior to the FIELDS in everyway IMO. Unfortunatly it is reflected in its price also! -joe

cram
10-09-2002, 10:46 PM
i've never heard of anybody's fields unit shorting out or what not but it is true that it's less "graphical." if money wasn't an issue, the apexi vafc would be great, but if u want a cost effective alternative or not going for the ICE'd out look, the fields unit is fine