PDA

View Full Version : Got the shit scared outta me today on the Parkway.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-02-2004, 05:49 PM
So I'm driving up the GSP @ 5AM this morning and all of a sudden I hear a loud thud like my car was just shot with a paintball gun or something. I glance to the left and see my side mirror pushed in and the glass hanging out. I had no idea what happened so I opened the window and grabbed the glass before it fell, then pushed the mirror back out. I pull my hand in and its covered in blood. I had no idea wtf happened so i freaked out and pulled over to get out and inspect. Turns out I hit a freakin bird! Feathers, blood and guts were all over the mirror. I noticed the glass just pops right back in with clips so I pop it in and take off. I get to my friends house and clean off the guts and its good as new. Not even a scratch. Very strange. Luckily I didnt have the window open or I would have gotten a blood bath...LOL. :p

SF-SI-02
04-02-2004, 05:55 PM
How fast were you going? (I got a cracked windshield at 85 on an audi 4000s)

SiR_d1
04-02-2004, 06:27 PM
wow that shits pretty crazy, glad to hear there was no damage no your ride

ColeIketani
04-02-2004, 06:36 PM
wow, that's lucky that nothing happened to your ride.
That happened to my dad one time when an OWL hit his Mercedes E-300 at night on Avondale road.

Glad to hear nothing happened to ya or ya ride, man.

02civicSI
04-02-2004, 06:43 PM
This reminds me of this one time my mom and I were driving on a two lane highway to the city. Well we were going about 55 mph and I was in the passenger seat. I had my hand just slightly out the window and BAM! Something hit me in the hand. It felt like a fuggin rock. Well I hear my mom start screaming and I look down at her feet and there was a bird laying down feet up about the size of a softball. There was blood everywhere. We pulled over and I got the bird out. Long story short, birds hurt like a mofo when they hit you at 55 mph.

DavidT
04-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Stupid bird. :mad: Guess that show'd his buddies not to play chicken with a car :D

EtherGhost
04-02-2004, 07:50 PM
One time I was vacuuming out my old Civic, so I had the passenger's door open. I went inside to get something, and when I came back out I saw a bird lying on my driver's seat. I thought it was a fake bird, but I touched it, and I was like, oh shit I just killed a bird! It flew in through the passenger side door, and slammed into the driver's side window.

Another time, I was driving to school, and I see a group of birds flying across the street. Birds 1, 2, and 3 make it, but bird 4 slams right into my radiator, and drops into my bumper. I had to pluck its little body out from behind the fender liner.

Poor birds... :'(

skooba
04-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by EtherGhost

Another time, I was driving to school, and I see a group of birds flying across the street. Birds 1, 2, and 3 make it, but bird 4 slams right into my radiator, and drops into my bumper. I had to pluck its little body out from behind the fender liner.

Poor birds... :'(

LOL that SAME THING happened to me. happened like 8 months ago, I never took it out, its probably still there. :eek:

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by SF-SI-02
How fast were you going? (I got a cracked windshield at 85 on an audi 4000s)

Had cruise set at 79 mph as usual.

televated
04-02-2004, 08:38 PM
That's a shame. Did you take any pictures of the aftermath? I have a strange picture of what looks like a bird ghost after one flew into my living room window. I'd post it but i don't have anywhere to host it.

WideBody EP3
04-02-2004, 09:30 PM
any of you guys ee the Gumball Challenge? well they had a Bentley that hit a bird and it was stuck in his grill. he hit the bird in New York and he left it in the grill till he got to Cali

the JigGa mAn
04-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by WideBody EP3
any of you guys ee the Gumball Challenge? well they had a Bentley that hit a bird and it was stuck in his grill. he hit the bird in New York and he left it in the grill till he got to Cali

hahaha that shit was funny as hell it looked natural like a hood ornament

ATRIOT
04-03-2004, 01:50 AM
Remeber when Fabio got hit in the face by a bird when he was riding a rollercoaster!

http://www.wasteoftechnology.com/articles/fabio.jpg :shockm:

the JigGa mAn
04-03-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Remeber when Fabio got hit in the face by a bird when he was riding a rollercoaster!

http://www.wasteoftechnology.com/articles/fabioinface.jpg :shockm:

that shit was even funnier HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA

Type X
04-03-2004, 06:08 AM
mmm KFC

Ep3 No.2
04-03-2004, 09:05 AM
damn that shit must of been scary.
that happend to me but my car was parked. and had no idea what hit it.

Low Rider
04-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC
Turns out I hit a freakin bird! Feathers, blood and guts were all over the mirror... Luckily I didnt have the window open or I would have gotten a blood bath...LOL. :p

Try getting hit in the head with one in an open wheel formula car on the front straight at Circuit Mont Tremblant... My helmet was coated in blood!!! Lots of fun... Glad you're ok!!! ;)