PDA

View Full Version : Guess what Im getting

NemesisITR
04-02-2004, 06:46 PM
K20A2 with 6 speed coming soon!!!!

Details later.:D

televated
04-02-2004, 08:16 PM
I was thinking about something like this too. I was also considering a jrsc.

From where are you getting it and for how much, if you don't mind me asking?

estebones
04-02-2004, 08:18 PM
6speed manual tranny + wider RPM range > JRSC anyday!! IMO

congrats!!
--esteban

denmah
04-02-2004, 08:35 PM
JRSC + HONDATA * upgradable pulleys > NA k20a2

IMO

Black 02 SI
04-02-2004, 08:37 PM
jrsc+k20a2+hondata=da shiet

ep pilot
04-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by estebones
6speed manual tranny + wider RPM range > JRSC anyday!! IMO

congrats!!
--esteban

In what categories specifically? To just make a remark like this is blasphemous. I hope you don

FCobra94
04-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I feel bad thread-jacking, but this is def a good topic. I too will be considering the K20a2 or JRSC in the future, so I'd love to hear the pro's and con's of each :)

DavidT
04-02-2004, 09:01 PM
A JRSC A3 will definantly provide a broader powerband compared to the A2 because there is instant power whenever you gun it. A2 needs to be wound out, but once the revs get up there the 6-spd will keep the A2 in it's powerband no prob. I think it's a driver's race between a JRSC A3 and A2 powered EP. Off the line the JRSC is going to suffer from traction problems and the A2 lack of potential power down low. Once wound out, they're about the same. Jackson Racing's JRSC A3 (The street legal one) dyno only makes about the same power as an A2 with a CAI, just the power is more linear and smoother. Rolling start the A3 will probably have the advantage.

I wouldn't say the A3 will have 1-1.5 cars on a A2. The A2 winds up really fast with the shorter gearing. With a JRSC A3 you're already pushing the limits of the A3. The A2 with a CAI (Same power as street JRSC) is just the beginning of tuning ;)

SubliminalSi
04-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Well good luck with that, im guessing everything worked out? i heard about what happened, hopefully you will have alot better luck with this motor:p

televated
04-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
Yeah, I feel bad thread-jacking, but this is def a good topic. I too will be considering the K20a2 or JRSC in the future, so I'd love to hear the pro's and con's of each :)

I apologize about the thread-jacking. I was just curious about the price really. Too often people overlook price vs gain when it comes to modifying cars. Maybe I'm just a cheap bastard...

I realize every option opens or closes doors to other options, as is quite evident in this situation. Either way, I'm still undecided whether I want to mod my Si or just get a faster car. Though I have no plans of getting rid of my EP, I still look at it as a gain vs price decision.

Let us know how the swap goes. I demand extensive information!

NemesisITR
04-03-2004, 07:34 AM
Well, im getting an A2 cause I will never again use an A3. My motor blew up and all I had was Hondata and bolt ons.

Cant give you a price cause its still up in the air.

Im staying NA with this motor, and probably wont do anything to the motor. Def not Hondata.

But this is my opinion, to each his own.

NemesisITR
04-03-2004, 07:38 AM
And im trying to get a badass motor that will last on the road course. JRSC and a Turbo in Texas heat will not last long. It might be faster than me but IMO the A3 will not be able to handle it for long.

DavidT
04-03-2004, 11:16 AM
NemesisITR if you don't mind me asking, how did you blow up your motor? You stated you're not getting Hondata for your A2...did it contribute to blowing up your A3?

televated
04-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by NemesisITR
And im trying to get a badass motor that will last on the road course. JRSC and a Turbo in Texas heat will not last long. It might be faster than me but IMO the A3 will not be able to handle it for long.

Would I really have problems with a supercharger in Texas? The North sees equally torrid temperatures so I can't imagine there's much difference, other than the South seeing these temperatures for a more prolonged period.

NemesisITR
04-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by DavidT
NemesisITR if you don't mind me asking, how did you blow up your motor? You stated you're not getting Hondata for your A2...did it contribute to blowing up your A3?

Yes, Hondata aided in the destruction of my head. The reason is before I had Hondata I had misshifted a couple of times weakening the head. When I put Hondata on it made the situation worse. However I didnt know this until the motor actually blew up.

What happend is I broke a valve retainer and dropped a valve.

If anyone with Hondata has misshifted before be very careful or you might end up like me.

NemesisITR
04-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by televated
Would I really have problems with a supercharger in Texas? The North sees equally torrid temperatures so I can't imagine there's much difference, other than the South seeing these temperatures for a more prolonged period.

Well I will give you an example of how hot Texas can be. My 96 Cobra Mustang was tested for heat in Michigan by Ford. Their cooling system couldnt handle the hot Texas weather and my Cobra overheated 3 times even going to thermal lock down.

I have talked with owners of the JRSC on older Hondas around here and they say that their motors really suffer during the summers.

I dont want one nor a turbo cause I have seen Mini Cooper S's blowing up and turbo miatas overheating at the track events that I goto. These cars are not just put me together kits, no the owners of these cars have tons of money and buy the nice shit.

Of course this is IMO.