PDA

View Full Version : ep mechanic

bsams
04-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Whats up all! I read all these threads about k20a this and greddy turbo that. Where do you guys get the money for all this sh#*t? I have an 02 Si and havent done much to it yet.:( I'm probably going to end up just swaping in an a2 but anyway to the point. I am a master nissan mechanic and work at Coast Infiniti in Sarasota,FL.Every time I read a good thread on an engine swap or guess what new Jdm part came in today. I always wonder who you guys have your work done by, and do they know what their doing. I wish all of you lived closer so I could do all your mods for you and know your car is getting treated with the upmost respect by a fellow EPer. If any of you are in the Sarasota or SW Florida area and need help with something hit me up all be glad to help ya out! ;)

Gearhead Geek
04-03-2004, 06:58 AM
99.9% of all my mods I've installed myself. The only way to know it's done right is to do it yourself after all ;)

!@#$%
04-03-2004, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek
99.9% of all my mods I've installed myself. The only way to know it's done right is to do it yourself after all ;)

sad but true. it shouldnt have to be like that.

siver-SI
04-03-2004, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Gearhead Geek

Yea I hate to say but that is right as long as you know what you are doing and have the right tools. The other reason for the self install is to save the $ for the mods. So far after I get my new HU in I figured I have saved over $600 in install costs.

bsams
04-03-2004, 12:43 PM
very true , if you have the means and the know how it is better to do it yourself! I talking to alot of the people who get burned with the cost of labor. My dealership charges 87.00 per hour! Alot of people like to have mods done to look cool and dont really care about learning how they're car actually works. Its cool to know alot you out there do! Keep it up!:D

siver-SI
04-03-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bsams
very true , if you have the means and the know how it is better to do it yourself! I talking to alot of the people who get burned with the cost of labor. My dealership charges 87.00 per hour! Alot of people like to have mods done to look cool and dont really care about learning how they're car actually works. Its cool to know alot you out there do! Keep it up!:D

I have to say the biggest thing to do is to sit down and read the shop manual for the EP and you will learn a lot in a very little amount of time.

02SiFoLife
04-03-2004, 02:30 PM
I've done it all myself but now I don't live with mommy and daddy and I can't just work on my car whenever I want anymore cuz I live in an apartment and I have a carport:(
But I have a dope ass mechanic who specializes in acura and honda who knows everything.
And my parents took their Hondas to him for years so he knows me and hooks me up.