PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler dents please help

WideBody EP3
04-02-2004, 09:52 PM
hey what sup guys i was installing my intercooler today and i put dent in a couple of the little air slots on the front of the intercooler. is there any way to fix that . to make it look new for those that have no idea what i'm talkinga bout. it is the meshy part of the intercooler

rook
04-03-2004, 10:47 AM
Use a very small flat blade screw driver. Gently insert it into the grooves that are bent, above or below the bend. Slide the blade up or down the slot until all of the "fins" are straight. Start on one side and work your way across the damaged area. This works on radiators, should help you out.

rook

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-03-2004, 10:49 AM
or use needle nose pliers, whatever fits best.

fsugatorbait
04-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by WideBody EP3
hey what sup guys i was installing my intercooler today and i put dent in a couple of the little air slots on the front of the intercooler. is there any way to fix that . to make it look new for those that have no idea what i'm talkinga bout. it is the meshy part of the intercooler

There is an acutal tool that is used in A/C's to straighten out the ribs on the condensor. It kinda looks like a metal comb with fingers that extend into the ribs and you simply pull down from top to bottom to straighten them out. You could probably find it a a local hardware store. HTH.

Boost Junkie
04-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
There is an acutal tool that is used in A/C's to straighten out the ribs on the condensor. It kinda looks like a metal comb with fingers that extend into the ribs and you simply pull down from top to bottom to straighten them out. You could probably find it a a local hardware store. HTH.

Yea, you can get them at Bennet Auto Supply.