PDA

View Full Version : BMC Intake Info

ImolaS54
04-03-2004, 08:00 PM
BMC Air Filters is based in Italy and have been in the business for over 20 years. They produce air filters for F1 teams and are designed to be sued in extreme conditions and provide the highest level of performance.

The Carbon Dynamic Air boxes is composed of a cylindrical carbon air box containing a washable filtering element. Cold air is directly channeled through an internal airflow deflector to the filter and drawn into the engine with a very small pressure drop.

The intake is a simple bolt-in. Remove your stock airbox and install the CDA directly to the stock air inlet tube. The flex piping will attache at the other end and have it come out to your upper wheel well area for cold air access.

Installation:

-you will have to trim the flex piping as the length is longer than you need. Easy to cut with a pair of sissor.

-you will need to buy a small breather filter from BMC or K&N for $20. BMC breather filter is currently on backorder for about 6 weeks. K&N should be in stock, the size you will need is 5/8".

-The CAD is secured with the supplied bracket and will bolt right into one of the stock airbox holes with the supplied bolt.

-The flex hose will kinda just stay in place or you can just secure it to the car via a long zip tie.

Sound:

-The intake note is very deep, it will sound very aggressive! It's as loud as the CAI system I had but with a deeper note.

-The peroformance results should be equal is not greater than the standard CAI system.

Looks:

-Nothing beats a nice looking Carbon Fiber filter under the hood, it's very aggressive looking especially with the piping.

Advantage:

-Intake system with within the hood, no cutting is required to the stock fender liner.

-Easy to return back to stock for warranty work.

-No danger of water damaged while still feeding the intake with cold air.

-Having the best brand air intake filtering element out there on the market.

-Having a european intake for your european civic.

Pricing:

-It sells for $244 plus shipping, I can offer it at $210 shipped. Remember you will still need to purchase that $20 breather filter. Once BMC gets that filter back in stock I can get it for you at $15.

http://www.wheelfanatics.com/SI/Intake3.JPG

http://www.wheelfanatics.com/SI/Intake2.JPG

http://www.wheelfanatics.com/SI/Intake1.JPG

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/cgi-bin/Images/dyno/HondaCivicTypeR.jpg

siver-SI
04-03-2004, 08:48 PM
Ok this might be a dumb question but with the intake being right above the wheel how will the intake not take in water? I would think that the water coming off the wheels would force water right in there. I like the look of it and how you say it sounds.

ImolaS54
04-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI
Ok this might be a dumb question but with the intake being right above the wheel how will the intake not take in water? I would think that the water coming off the wheels would force water right in there. I like the look of it and how you say it sounds.

Well I should have put less of a chance of water damage as the intake is not so low to the ground and the actual intake filter itself not being exposed at the source of cold air.

Thanks

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-03-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by siver-SI

In order for an intake to suck water into the TB, the entire filter would have to be submerged in water.

Ep3 No.2
04-03-2004, 11:34 PM
cutting my fender is not cool. i love the way it looks but how does it compare to the v2 ?

ecsahs3
04-03-2004, 11:47 PM
what is the diameter of the piping & hosing?

EtherGhost
04-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Now that I see where the intake is getting its air from, it looks like you would have problems with the tires kicking mud and water up into it. Also, what about brake dust and the heat that your brakes generate? It would be cool if the pipe was long enough to reroute all the way back to the front of the car.

ImolaS54
04-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
Now that I see where the intake is getting its air from, it looks like you would have problems with the tires kicking mud and water up into it. Also, what about brake dust and the heat that your brakes generate? It would be cool if the pipe was long enough to reroute all the way back to the front of the car.

think of where the mud guard is...the rocks and mud kicks from the bottom of the tires. Although some may go "up" but not enough for you to worry about. Remember the opening is there from the factory so unless you see lots of mug and rocks near that opening i think you are thinking too much....

brake heat and dust.....come on..... the car is moving so the heat is not a concern and after doing a "hot run" put your hand near that opening and see how "hot" it is.

there is no way to route the piping in front without some major cutting.

Siman
04-05-2004, 07:39 PM
so imalos54,

do you sell these for BMC? how did you get a hold of them? are you a rep?

Is there a website with their products and discription? I want to save it to my favorite places!

I am going to get an intake for my car again this sommer, i had the HKS SRI but sold it due to depleting college funds LOL:D

IM me with any additional info!

thanks;)

ImolaS54
04-05-2004, 09:02 PM
www.bmcairfilters.com

i have a wholesale account w/ them, mainly got it for myself but if you are interested i can of course pass on the savings.

Thanks

fsugatorbait
04-06-2004, 08:43 AM
The filter looks great, however, the flex pipe looks like it was ripped out of moms dryer for an after school experiement. ;)
Cant argue with success though. Did you have an CAI before this and if so, were there any noticeable differences? How flexible is the piping? Looking at the pics do you think it would be possible for it to be routed back underneath the filter towards the front of the car? Its good to see another alternative to your standard CAI or SRI. Good looks.

MCeez02Si
04-06-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
The filter looks great, however, the flex pipe looks like it was ripped out of moms dryer for an after school experiement. ;)
Cant argue with success though. Did you have an CAI before this and if so, were there any noticeable differences? How flexible is the piping? Looking at the pics do you think it would be possible for it to be routed back underneath the filter towards the front of the car? Its good to see another alternative to your standard CAI or SRI. Good looks.

I have to agree. It totally resembles a dryer flexpipe. Well, at least the one's I've replaced on my dryer:confused:

EtherGhost
04-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
How flexible is the piping? Looking at the pics do you think it would be possible for it to be routed back underneath the filter towards the front of the car?

I already asked the same question.

Originally posted by EtherGhost
It would be cool if the pipe was long enough to reroute all the way back to the front of the car.

Originally posted by ImolaS54
there is no way to route the piping in front without some major cutting.

I still think it would be possible though, since there should be a lot of room left underneath the filter box.

04rider
07-02-2004, 12:55 AM
B.