PDA

View Full Version : A-spec suspension sold separately, maybe HFP next?

Surprise
04-03-2004, 08:04 PM
There is an Acura dealer that is selling the A-spec suspension, wheels and aero kit separately. I know that the A-spec package for Acura is basically like the HFP package but obviously for Acura with different shock setting and spring rates. Since this Acura dealership is parting out the A-spec kits does this mean that Honda dealerships will soon part out the HFP package too?

A-spec wheels, aero, and suspension. (http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/sp_srchrslts.jsp?sptype=Performance+parts&pavalue=A-Spec+Accessories&spfeaturedprd=High+Mount+Spoiler)

Civicvtec1ps
04-03-2004, 08:06 PM
It's Possible idea.
Too bad HFP wheels in 5 lugs.
:mad:

graham
04-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Surprise
There is an Acura dealer that is selling the A-spec suspension, wheels and aero kit separately. I know that the A-spec package for Acura is basically like the HFP package but obviously for Acura with different shock setting and spring rates. Since this Acura dealership is parting out the A-spec kits does this mean that Honda dealerships will soon part out the HFP package too?

A-spec wheels, aero, and suspension. (http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnyside/jsp/sp_srchrslts.jsp?sptype=Performance+parts&pavalue=A-Spec+Accessories&spfeaturedprd=High+Mount+Spoiler)

So do we know anything about the HFP suspension? It wouldn't happen to be the CTR suspension ... would it? It would make sense ... and it would be something I would definately go for.

FCobra94
04-04-2004, 12:58 PM
Here's what Honda's website says:

http://www.hondacars.com/models/hfp.asp?ModelName=Civic+Si

graham
04-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
Here's what Honda's website says:

http://www.hondacars.com/models/hfp.asp?ModelName=Civic+Si

... and here is what Jeff @ vtec.net had to say about it:

http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?page_number=1&article_id=202359

I'm giving my local shop a call tomorrow :)

graham
04-05-2004, 05:35 AM
If anyone can find out the part numbers for the suspension ... I can find out if we can get it here in Canada.

THX,
Graham

graham
04-05-2004, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by graham
If anyone can find out the part numbers for the suspension ... I can find out if we can get it here in Canada.
THX,
Graham

Found it ... the part number for the suspension is 08W60-S5T-100.

So far, I haven't had any luck trying to source it ... but I'm trying :)

Can anyone help me find these pieces?

!@#$%
04-05-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by graham
Found it ... the part number for the suspension is 08W60-S5T-100.

So far, I haven't had any luck trying to source it ... but I'm trying :)

Can anyone help me find these pieces?

good luck. I'm sure it will probably be next to impossible to obtain.

MCeez02Si
04-05-2004, 02:48 PM
I have also wondered about the same as there is someone on e-bay that has 8 or 9 sets of A-Spec Suspension for USD$720 Buy-It-Now, brand new in the boxes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2470787571&category=33582

graham
04-05-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by !@#$%
good luck. I'm sure it will probably be next to impossible to obtain.

Meh ... I think it will just be a matter of time. My honda parts guy says that they will be getting access to CTR suspension and the Euro Accord-R suspension this year. Of course, seeing is believing .... but just knowing that there are people selling the A-spec parts is a good sign that the FP stuff will eventually be available.

ErikBrescher
04-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Patience guys...

The Aero Kits and suspension components will be available here in the states through dealerships in the next month to month-and-a-half.

There might be a catch: While you might be able to get the parts, self-installation may void certain parts of your warranty. So, if you botch up your finish by installing the aerokit, or if you dont tighten a bolt properly on the suspension and you have a problem with the part(s) affected you're gonna have to eat it. Of course ::wink::wink::, the dealer can always install it without voiding the warranty.

Obviously (duuuh... but some people fear this) if you put on a spoiler and your engine seizes during the warranty period you'll be alright (providing you weren't giving it a 50 shot of nitrous with an Uncle-Billy-Joe-Jim-Bob's homemade turbo kit, but that's a-whole-nother topic) .

-Erik

;) ;)

slc71
04-09-2004, 06:33 PM
$4000.00 for that kit is a little much.
Much rather go with mugen suspension setup and just different rims and tires.
You would still have money left over for other mods.

Surprise
04-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by slc71
$4000.00 for that kit is a little much.
Much rather go with mugen suspension setup and just different rims and tires.
You would still have money left over for other mods.

That is what the thread is about. Hopefully the pieces of the kit will be available, like the RSX suspension links above, where you dont have to buy the whole thing. I have my eye on the suspension and color mathed wing:)

Let us know when the pieces will be available seperatly ErikBrescher. Should the prices be about the same? 720 for the suspension and 360-ish for the wing?

ErikBrescher
04-09-2004, 07:44 PM
The kit is not $4000, it is $4000.00 installed by the dealer with the warranty.

As of two days ago the computers were not showing a price for the FP kit, which means that they have not yet been priced to ship. Back in November dealerships received limited quantities of the kits (one or two per dealer), and only for showroom and sales use. They were not itemized with prices for each component, as far as I know. I'm only on the front lines, so I can't tell you what the company is thinking, but there is a lot of profit to be had in part sales... And look, we are talking about this aren't we??? Maybe this is a way to revive interest in a car that hasn't sold the way they want it to.

If you were to take the price of parts and do it yourself, without the cost of dealership labor, you would probably find the price to be at least as good, if not better than a comparable aftermarket setup... now if they only could have made those 17" rims a little lighter =(

Understand, too, not all dealers are going to be cool with selling just the parts. There's something like one thousand Honda Dealers in America though, so I'm sure even a mildly creative person could figure out a way to find a kit for sale.

I'll see what i can dig up, otherwise I'll post at a later date as soon as I know what's shakin'

graham
04-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Hey Cool ErikBrescher ... thanks for the info. My local dealer here in Canada said more or less the same thing. If Honda decided not to sell the pieces seperately, they would be missing out on a lot of potential sales. I would definately be one of those people that would pay $720US for the suspension.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't want to slam the car to the ground ... I've already done that with previous cars. I also want a shock which is properly tuned to the spring rate. Anyone that has ridden in a car that has been lowered 2" with stock shocks knows what I'm talking about. Nausiating. And I am not at all impressed with the stock suspension. It has way too much body roll and it's sloppy on rebound. So ... any parts that can bring me a RSX Type S-ish ride quality, I'm all for it.

ErikBrescher
04-17-2004, 07:44 PM
OK....

I have some not so good news.

The FP package is only available as a package... you cannot get individual components for it. It's all or nothing.

Dealers can't even get indivudual components because Honda is keeping a tight control over them, so kissing your local Honda parts department manager's a$$ will be useless.

I'm not too sure how long Honda will even be offering the FP, so if you want one you better get one soon.. as of late last week they still had them available. I'd say get one soon especially since there is a rumor floating around that either this year or next year will be the last for EP3 production... which might even explain why Honda's 2004 Si production run is already over with.

I'm going to be getting an FP package, but I'm splitting it with a co-worker; she gets the body kit, i get the rest.:)

graham
04-18-2004, 08:40 PM
This saddens me. For the love of all things good in this world, they should be selling these pieces seperately.

Before I throw in the towel, I'll give my dealer a try ...

ErikBrescher
04-25-2004, 03:53 PM
any luck so far???

I can try to dig up some part numbers for you, regarding the struts.

My kit came in the other day... I'm not gonna put it on right away though.

graham
04-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by ErikBrescher
any luck so far???

I can try to dig up some part numbers for you, regarding the struts.

My kit came in the other day... I'm not gonna put it on right away though.

No luck so far ... I have what I believe to be the part number: 08W60-S5T-100 ... could you please verify it? That would be great.

Please let us know how you like the kit ... and if you ever feel like swapping out that suspension for something better (Mugen ... Mugen!!!), please let me know :)