PDA

View Full Version : Mugen suspension and rear camber kit.

BSEVEER
04-04-2004, 12:15 AM
There seems to be some differing oppions about wheather or not you need a rear camber kit with the Mugen suspension. I think most people are lean towards a yes vote on that question though. From what I've read here, going without it doesn't put you very much out of spec but just to be on the safe side I think it would be a good idea to have one. It wouldnt make sense to me to spring $1k for the suspension and not have it be "right". For you guys with the Mugen suspension and a camber kit, which one did you go with? You can buy just the rear right? I can't wait to drop my 'lil silver Grave Digger!:D

johnkimble
04-04-2004, 12:25 AM
hey well i just underwent this whole thing recently (the past week) and i got it aligned today without a camber kit and they said its still under factory specs. front align perfectly, back has a little negative camber and 0 toe. looks hot in my opinion. parked next to HFP si at the dealership, camber and drop looks identical ;) i'll let you know in 3 months when my tires are either good or bad :D

trabadoo22
04-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Sorry to confuse you if I am, but I ended up needing a camber kit. My camber wasn't totally out of whack or anything, but since I had the kit already, I installed it. My camber initially was -1.7LR and -2.3RR. The front was fine. I believe someone stated before that -1.7 was still in spec, anything more than that then it isn't. Again it wasn't horribly off and with other people having success without one it is really up to you. It would suck though to get an alignment and then find out your camber is off, then having to get a camber kit and another alignment. I got the SPC kit and I believe you can just get the rear if you want.

yomamaInMySi
04-04-2004, 09:56 AM
After I got my kit installed, it was only off by -.2 on the rear for the camber. After you get the kit installed, the alignment is mainly done for the toe (which also aligns the steering wheel). By the way, it the best 900 bucks I've ever spent. Nothing beats mugen IMO. Well and maybe the B&Gs that I had before(nice kit), but the only problem is that I needed a camber kit with the B&G, but this is besides the point.

BSEVEER
04-04-2004, 11:22 AM
900 bucks? I thought it was $1000?

SONIC SI
04-04-2004, 02:32 PM
My front was fine but the rear was at -1.70. The guy at the alignment shop said that the factiry spec was -1.60 so it isan't off by too much.

yomamaInMySi
04-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by BSEVEER
900 bucks? I thought it was $1000?

Actually it was 975 to be exact. That price included sales taxes. I did not pay for shipping because a guy here had them local.