PDA

View Full Version : $16.5 plus tax for 2002 Civic Si, anyone?

LordKoo
10-09-2002, 08:02 AM
Hi Guys,
Just want to pass off this deal with fellow EP members. I got mine around that price before any tax and license.

Whoever is interested in the deal, email me. I will send you the dealership contacts. They have about 18 left since I got mine last week, so reduced from 19 to 18 :)

SBC31
10-09-2002, 08:22 AM
18 cars left, what is up with that. How many did this dealer get in all???

its raining
10-09-2002, 12:19 PM
18 is a lot. um, this dealership in Houston had about 7 Si's sitting on there lot, and then one day.... simultaneously, all of em were gone. weird huh? i think it is anyways.

02blksi
10-09-2002, 12:54 PM
ill take all 18 for $16.50 --joe ;)

16.5- 16,5

lotsahondas
10-09-2002, 12:59 PM
Schaumburg Honda,

in Illinois had about 12 left at that price. Honda is kicking back the invoice difference to these guys. even my local dealer had 4 SI's in stock, all at 3k under sticker.

Dan

natesi
10-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by lotsahondas
Schaumburg Honda,

in Illinois had about 12 left at that price. Honda is kicking back the invoice difference to these guys. even my local dealer had 4 SI's in stock, all at 3k under sticker.

Dan

So, Honda is kicking back the invoice difference to between what the dealerships can sell them for and what they got paid by customers? Where did you hear that--just curious?

If that's the case 2003 will probably be the last year they are offered....

IceD out N CALI
10-09-2002, 06:51 PM
geez 18 is a lot

!@#$%
10-09-2002, 08:21 PM
rusty wallis has 15 or 16 left and they arent even red tagged. i think they are waiting for a sucker to come in and pay sticker for it. all still 19,460 i think the euro yellows are 19,260

lotsahondas
10-10-2002, 06:37 AM
None of the SI's are marked with anything other than the sticker price, so if you didn't make an offer you would never know. the info on the honda holdback came directly from a Honda dealer (not the one I bought from). Also every Honda dealer I spoke to loved the last model SI, (i owned one of those as well) and sold them like crazy. The holdback is Honda's apology to its dealer network for screwing with a good thing.

Honda will never advertise anything for under invoice and they would never show this kind of a discount to the general public, but they are trying to dump the 02's. I would suspect a change soon (maybe a bigger engine or the much speculated SIR) or the model to be dropped in 04.

The truth is, if they just brought in 1200 Civic Type R's and sold them for 22-24k it would drive demand for the regular SI for all those who could not afford or could not get a Type R. the price would then have to drop to about $17,800 base for the SI. I dont think they will ever bring the civic Type R here because of the Acura Brand and the RSX Type R, which is currently under emissions testing (and failing according to Honda's desire to have lev on everything they sell). The current SI is a great car and for the price I paid it was a steal.

Its about time American Honda stopped playing this bullshit Acura v Honda game and start thinking about us, the folks who buy there cars.

Dan

SIborland
10-10-2002, 07:34 AM
The dealership i bought mine from has them all marked at $1500 below msrp....and i mean with big 10" numbers on the windshield

LordKoo
10-10-2002, 03:05 PM
I paid around $16500 plus tax and license from McDavid Honda with floor mats and wheel locks.

They have plenty of Si. If anyone interested, can call Micheal John at 713-948-1900. Tell him Adam send you, he will take care of you. The coolest salesman I have ever deal with.

natesi
10-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Man, that really sucks. They will probably discontinue after next year then.

What a shame. It's going to be very very hard to get parts (and very expensive) for this car after a while.

I think it could have been a success had they implemented it better. I don't think the Honda marketing department knows what the hell they are doing--either that, or they had almost no budget (which is stupid).

Aside from that, the Civic is not worth $19,500 (to me), at least not the way it is optioned. One thing they could have done is price them more competitively as to not scare potential customers away. Or, they could have optioned them better. Like 16 inch rims, a telescoping wheel, a real seat with memory, variable speed wipers, better stereo, slightly bigger engine, or SOMETHING. Not all of that, but some could have been added and they could STILL have made money. Instead they added a sunroof (woopy doo) and tried to save a little money by leaving things out that people really compare when buying cars. It's their own damn fault the car is not selling well when you add up all the things they are doing wrong. Did they really think they could just slap an Si badge on something and justify a higher price? I guess so...

Not that I don't love the car... I really do love it... I'm just saying, someone at Honda really botched up the delivery of this vehicle, especially at the price they are asking. Add that in with virtually no marketing and no wonder why the car can't sell. Especially after most car magazine reivews not being very favorable because they are always playing the numbers game with the Focus SVT.

Knowing how to build a car and how to sell it are two different things. Honda got the build right (for the most part), but didnt' get the sell right. There's nothing enherantly wrong with the car and it's light years ahead of the Focus in refinement. I'd much rather have it as a daily driver and would recommend it to anybody. I would not recommend the FSVT, as I had a 2002 ZX3 and it blew major ass. So what I'm saying is, Ford knows how to sell cars, and honda knows how to build them, at least when it comes to FSVT or the Si.