PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Insurance to cover damage to my Si.

NetDragon
07-05-2002, 09:13 AM
Hey, well if you remember this thread: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=250 Someone backed into my car. But I talked with the guy & he agreed to not only fix it but also buy me a bonus. Maybe a new head unit or a car alarm, maybe even a Type-R Spoiler. What do you suggest I get and what brand? Mainly interested in your oppinion on the head unit and car alarm. Thanks all,

SBC31
07-05-2002, 09:30 AM
So what did the guys say about hitting your car, did he say he didn't realize he had it it???

Was he hoping you would not figure it out that it was him???

Tell us more.

DownTheHatch
07-05-2002, 09:43 AM
May I be the first the say: FREE MOD!

Excellent how that worked out for you, I say type-r spoiler. Nobody has it yet :) I just realized the other day how much of a difference that spoiler makes to the overall shape of the car, mainly the roofline.

SmoothOperator
07-05-2002, 10:15 AM
yeah I'd be all over that spoiler too.:D :D

02TafWhtSi
07-05-2002, 03:30 PM
I'd go for the Type R side skirts - really sleek looking:)

SmoothOperator
07-05-2002, 03:37 PM
Sideskirts look silly without a front lip. Get the spoiler...be the first to have it! :cool:

SiCivic2k2
07-06-2002, 01:00 PM
Intake! (if you don't have one yet)

NetDragon
07-07-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey hey.. Yeah the guy was really nice. Just between you guys and me I think he hit me and at least kinda new it, but because I never confronted him he thought that maybe it was not him that caused the damage to my car. He said that it was late and he was tired, he just wanted to get to bed. Understandable. But really, all I really care about is that he is admitting that he hurt my baby and is not only fixing it, but got me a "gift" for my Si. After ready what was posted here I thought about it a lot. I really want the Type R spoiler. I am glad you noticed the amazing change it gives to the car for being only a little more dramatic than the standard Si Spoiler. But some how it just makes the care look so muchg better (IMHO). I also thought about getting that nice cold air intake. I hear it makes the car sound really cool and that it adds like 7hp to the wheels! But in the end, what I really wanted was to replace that boring ass head unit! Sound quality is nice and the tuner pulls stations well, but I wanted to replace it. So I asked him to buy me something I would never buy for myself.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/Images/CarProduct2002/DEH-P7400MP_big.jpg

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/CDA/CarProducts/CarProductDetails/0,1429,21416,00.html

It is the Pioneer P7400MP, it plays MP3's and has LOTS of features, not to mention a nice ass display. Anyway thanks for the advice.

SiCivic2k2
07-08-2002, 12:36 PM
Nice choice. Good thinking. :)

SmoothOperator
07-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Okay, how are you going to get the head unit to fit into your dash? Are companies making an insert for the new Si yet? Just curious.

2fastcivic
07-08-2002, 08:48 PM
make him buy u a mugen spoiler :D (if its out already)

NetDragon
07-09-2002, 08:41 AM
Er.. Sorry, too ;late for the spoler. I really, heavely considered the Type-R Spoiler, but went for the head unit.

I would have to double check. But the install guy had to use the adaptor out of a 2000 or a 2001 Honda Civic HX or something like that. I think it looks kinda ghetto, but it gets the job done. Those morons scratched up what they call "Very soft paint" on the silver part of my dash. Just a little nic in 2 places, but they said thay would replace the part or use touch up paint on it for me. I just need to work out the time to go do it. I am going to try the paint first, if it looks bad I will have them replace that part of the dash.

But I am now in search mode for a proper 2002 Si DIN Adaptor, Anybody seen one? The one for the Type R would work but it has to be a left hand drive. The dash in the UK version is reversed.