PDA

View Full Version : hondata + JRSC safe?

denmah
04-04-2004, 05:18 PM
hey with my incoming supercharger. will it be safe to run my ecu reflash with the boost?
i have seen dyno's of RSX's with jrsc and they seem to be having no trouble at all.

i would think so, but other questions came to mind.

if anyone could shed some light into this that would make me feel better.

02SilverSiHB
04-04-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by denmah
hey with my incoming supercharger. will it be safe to run my ecu reflash with the boost?
i have seen dyno's of RSX's with jrsc and they seem to be having no trouble at all.

i would think so, but other questions came to mind.

if anyone could shed some light into this that would make me feel better.
when you say you've seen dynos of the rsx, what does that have to do with the si and hondata+jrsc? Are you saying you saw a type s with the jrsc so you think you'll be fine? or are you saying you saw dynos of hondata+jrsc. If you saw dynos of hondata+jrsc...it was most likely hondata's flash FOR the jrsc on the rsx...not the NA flash with the jrsc.

You might be okay, maybe, who knows. You will run the risk of detonation since the NA flash for the ep raises the timing and adjust a/f curve. Although, with the jrsc power card, it signals to the injectors to open up more when under boost...so you may be okay.

Just listen for some detonation and get it on the dyno to make sure your a/f is okay after you put the jrsc on.

denmah
04-04-2004, 06:40 PM
i do not think he had the JRSC reflash just the NA reflash...

and although everyone says a AF gauge is worth nothing, my af gauge stays even all the way to redline, in fact it riches out a bit after 6800

but thanks for your input, and i do realize there is a flash just for the jrsc....

but my question is, will the jrsc be safe with the NA hondata reflash... sorry i didnt specify that.

02SilverSiHB
04-04-2004, 06:44 PM
i do not think he had the JRSC reflash just the NA reflash...

and although everyone says a AF gauge is worth nothing, my af gauge stays even all the way to redline, in fact it riches out a bit after 6800

but thanks for your input, and i do realize there is a flash just for the jrsc....

but my question is, will the jrsc be safe with the NA hondata reflash... sorry i didnt specify that.
whose he?

As for the a/f gauge, I am installing one with my jrsc also...just for reference...it's just not good to go by for tuning purposes.

I think I kind of went over your question about the na flash with you jrsc...I think it could work, no real way to know. Just look out for any tip in detonation. I've been contimplating using the na flash with the jrsc since it's not like the ep3 has a lot of compression like the type s. If you do use the na reflash, you might want to use one step cooler plugs. I just wish hondata would release the jrsc flash for our car already...I know they are working on it, I've emailed them a few times about it.

denmah
04-04-2004, 07:00 PM
yeah i know you cant tune off them but if your car dives into lean under accel you know from that something is going to happen. lol.

im not worried about boost or the AF, i just worry that the timing might be too agressive and itll make shitty power. i guess ill have to just try it. im also asking on club RSX and i emailed hondata.
although hondata is goign to want me to buy there kit.

02SilverSiHB
04-04-2004, 07:01 PM
yeah i know you cant tune off them but if your car dives into lean under accel you know from that something is going to happen. lol.

im not worried about boost or the AF, i just worry that the timing might be too agressive and itll make shitty power. i guess ill have to just try it. im also asking on club RSX and i emailed hondata.
although hondata is goign to want me to buy there kit.
yeah, if they ever come out with their flash for our car and jrsc :(

denmah
04-04-2004, 07:04 PM
i was planning on getting the injectors and pulley on my own and then buying the programmable ECU and having my tuner just map it out for me, but i talked to him today about having a chipped ECU and tossing on a supercharger and he had some concerns. now i do... lol

Tenacious G
04-04-2004, 07:06 PM

no

"* Nitrous and boosted applications are not compatible with the Hondata ECU reflashes."
-Hondata Web site

denmah
04-04-2004, 07:19 PM
shit, so should just let the jrsc sit on the floor till i order the programmable ECU or send the hondata back.

can i send the hondata back?

TravTrav
04-04-2004, 07:24 PM
yeah u can send it back to hondata but its gonna cost u 500 dollars for an upgrade reflash for ur jrsc. =]

Tenacious G
04-04-2004, 07:27 PM
what you should have done is your homework before you bought both.

:D

maybe you can trade ECUs with someone who will buy your reflashed ECU? what ever you decide to do, i would not run the reflash with the JRSC.

denmah
04-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by TravTrav
yeah u can send it back to hondata but its gonna cost u 500 dollars for an upgrade reflash for ur jrsc. =]

yeah but they dont have the boost ecu ready for our cars.
im thinking of ordering the programmable ecu for 500 now so i can do whatever i want from that point on.

denmah
04-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Tenacious G
no

"* Nitrous and boosted applications are not compatible with the Hondata ECU reflashes."
-Hondata Web site

i was reading that but i think they say that because the NA flash doesnt do anything with the fuel vs boost. but the JRSC standalone will take care of that.

i would be able to afford the programmable ecu in a few days, damn ill have to buy that, yeah well.

denmah
04-04-2004, 07:51 PM
but im checking out the site right now and it says there is no support for pre mapped fuel curves for the SI at all right now, so i guess ill just have to wait, they are probably going to release the pre programmed maps when they release the reflash for the JRSC.

ill just send it back for now. :(

02SilverSiHB
04-04-2004, 08:18 PM
but im checking out the site right now and it says there is no support for pre mapped fuel curves for the SI at all right now, so i guess ill just have to wait, they are probably going to release the pre programmed maps when they release the reflash for the JRSC.

ill just send it back for now. :(
send what back? the supercharger? you can't send the ecu back to hondata and tell them you want a new one...the ecu you have is your orginal that they reprogramed.

I have an extra ep3 ecu if you need one. It's stock.

denmah
04-04-2004, 08:24 PM
no i can send it back and get it flashed back to stock and get my money back. unless they can pull the jrsc reflash out of there ass lol.

i wonder if i can get on the jrsc and just tool around town with it and not go over like 5k with it till the jrsc reflash comes out, when did they tell you there gunna be ready?

02SilverSiHB
04-04-2004, 08:26 PM
wow, I didn't know they would give you your money back.

As for the release date..they didn't have one, I emailed the guy about two months ago and they said they are working on it and it will be out in the near future :rolleyes: whatever that is.

denmah
04-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
wow, I didn't know they would give you your money back.

As for the release date..they didn't have one, I emailed the guy about two months ago and they said they are working on it and it will be out in the near future :rolleyes: whatever that is.

i mean all else fails i can get my ecu flashed back at my dealership. and hondata has me on record as already being flashed, sio when i want the programmable it will still be cheaper since i was previously flashed.

denmah
04-04-2004, 09:17 PM
ok i figured it out guys

im going to get the hondata programmable ECU for 500 bucks and tell them to send it with the stock programming, then just install the jrsc and the powercard, since its all setup to do stock ecu stuff.

unless hondata can supply me with a 5psi map so i dont have to istall the powercard.

either way when they realase there maps i can program my ecu with there maps and remove my powercard and sell it to you guys or something lol.

denmah
04-04-2004, 10:58 PM
here is an answer from doug of hondata

"Soon after the K-Pro for the Civic Si is released we will have a reflash available for the JRSC on the Civic Si that will cater for the 4.4" and 4" pulley for greater boost and power.

We have not tested the JRSC on the Civic Si with our reflash, but one thing is certain: You must keep the revs below 7000 rpm as the stock injectors will not be able to provide enough fuel at high RPM. You will have to listen out for pinging as this flash like all our others advance the ignition. If you do not know what pinging is or doubt that you can keep the revs down then you must have the ECU reflashed to stock.

Doug"

so there you have it.
its safe just keep the revs down because under boost the stockkies cant handle the output over 7k thats no problem till the programmable comes out or the 7psi kit comes.

fsugatorbait
04-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Your playing with fire man, you should have done your homework.

02SilverSiHB
04-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait
I'd have to agree.

TravTrav
04-05-2004, 10:53 AM
i will trade ecu's with you =], i will send u my stock one and u can send me ur hondata one, i see it this way, u dont have to let the dealership know u were doing illegal work, and since hondata knows u got the flash u will still get the 500 dollar upgrade. its up to you, i will even throw some money in this =] but i hope this helps u out and even more important me =]

FCobra94
04-05-2004, 11:57 AM
But I think you guys would have to meet at the same dealership in order for them to program the ECU to work w/ your keys :p

02SilverSiHB
04-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by FCobra94
But I think you guys would have to meet at the same dealership in order for them to program the ECU to work w/ your keys :p
they wouldn't need to meet, they would just need to get there...but of course they couldn't drive their car if it was the case...unless one of them buys my ep3 ecu :)

TravTrav
04-05-2004, 02:59 PM
ok if i buy your ecu, and he agree's to do trade i bet it could work out then=], all i need is my immoblizer and send that ecu right? and wont have to worry about the key thing =]

fsugatorbait
04-05-2004, 03:07 PM
Ok, here's how it would work...You would have to buy 02silversihb's ECU and send it out to Denmah to have him take it to the dealer so they can program it to work with his immobilizer, some dealerships will require proof of purchase before modifying. He then would have to send you his Hondata ECU that you take to a dealership in your area to get reprogrammed, again some require proof of purchase.
If Denmah decides to upgrade to hondata later, he would have to pay the regular price because hondata tracks the ECU's they've flashed by serial numbers and his would now be different. Any questions?

denmah
04-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by fsugatorbait

oh noes my car is going to blow up in my driveway right now!

the jrsc is going to sit in my room till the kpro comes out, hondata told me it would be out within the week or 2. and i probably wont even get the super by then.

fsugatorbait
04-05-2004, 03:14 PM
oh noes my car is going to blow up in my driveway right now!

the jrsc is going to sit in my room till the kpro comes out, hondata told me it would be out within the week or 2. and i probably wont even get the super by then.

Personally I could care less with a response like that if your car blows up or not, im not the one who would have to foot the bill for user error. All it would have taken is for you to make a simple phone call to confirm the details of hondata's NA flash and the JRSC compatibility and this thread wouldnt exist. But you decided not to and now look like a fool for trying to run the two together. Take care. :*

Phil

denmah
04-05-2004, 05:45 PM
you guys are very touchy.

ill ask a simple question, and i always get this shit in return, isnt this what the boards are for? asking quesions. no way in hell am i doint some crazy ass ecu swapping game.

why the hell would i do that.

and you "fsugatorbait" why do you always have to act like your better than i am or something. like your the do no wrong honda god.

"Your playing with fire man, you should have done your homework."

playing with fire indeed, thats how the internal combustion engine works right? and doing my homework, thats what im doing right now, im not loosing any money by going to the programmable ecu or the jrsc 7psi tuned ecu. the money i spent already on hondata will transfer into anything else i buy from them.

you guys are a waste of time i dont honestly know why i come here.

hondata told me the kpro for the PNF ecu will be out in 2 weeks. so maybee ill stop by and let you know how it all worked out.

02SilverSiHB
04-05-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm confused...since "you guys" must be me also...how did I give you any crap??? I thought I was being helpful :confused:
:rolleyes:

myeverlovinsir
04-05-2004, 07:03 PM
denmah, I know you said you are not interested in swapping ECU's and for good reason, regardless if you are a previous customer of Hondata and wanted to get the K-pro from hondata for 500, you would not be able to it with a swapped ECU because Hondata only knows you from the serial # on your flashed ECU. I was a previous customer and wanted to flash my A3 hondata ECU to the A2 K-pro, but because the A3 ECU is not capable of driving the lockout solenoid on my DC5R tranny I opted to get the A2 ECU flahsed to K-pro. Only after talking to Doug about my situation could I get a conservative break on the K-pro price, and it was not 500 even though I was a previous 2x customer. That said you do have another option.

If you wanted to you, and not wait, you could have your ECU flashed to the A2 K-pro to run the charger without the powercard. This does involve some tuning adjustment and it's a feasible option. You don't sound like you want to be put out by this type of involved tuning, so take it as it is, an option. A2 K-pro ECU currently comes with 5 and 9 psi tunes, and don't know if the A3 will offer the same. Thought I would put that out there for you, but sounds like you will likely wait to have the proper flash from hondata. Good luck.

denmah
04-05-2004, 07:11 PM
thanks thats very helpful and i did know about swapping the ecu, you have to have the same ecu thats on record at hondata or your screwed thats why i wont swap ecu's, and i can only imagine the horror that would become of ecu swapping.

i do plan to wait for the jrsc pre programmed maps since hondata emailed back to me and said they would be ready within the week or two. so ill just let the super sit in the box or ill sleep with it and tell it bedtime stories.

as for the a2 jrsc 5psi flash thats a hell of an idea man. although it would take some individual tuning thats a awesome idea.

but i do think its worth waiting for the base a3 maps to come while they tell me they are approaching shortly.

i have a very knowledgable tuner and he could most likely create a map on his own. its just the fact of how would i get the car there for him to do it. lol. also i kind of like the idea that hondat does like 2500 dynos to match a good base map.

then of course its all individual engine settings that bring out the best for your setup.

denmah
04-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
I'm confused...since "you guys" must be me also...how did I give you any crap??? I thought I was being helpful :confused:
:rolleyes:

nah it wasnt you, i just generalize when im angry. sorry.

fsugatorbait
04-06-2004, 06:08 AM
you guys are very touchy.

ill ask a simple question, and i always get this shit in return, isnt this what the boards are for? asking quesions. no way in hell am i doint some crazy ass ecu swapping game.

why the hell would i do that.

and you "fsugatorbait" why do you always have to act like your better than i am or something. like your the do no wrong honda god.

"Your playing with fire man, you should have done your homework."

playing with fire indeed, thats how the internal combustion engine works right? and doing my homework, thats what im doing right now, im not loosing any money by going to the programmable ecu or the jrsc 7psi tuned ecu. the money i spent already on hondata will transfer into anything else i buy from them.

Your kidding right? Maybe you missed Tenacious G's post who also suggested that maybe you should have, 'done your homework.' You say were touchy? You get a little criticism and blow up, get over yourself.
I dont portray myself to be anything other than honest and helpful. In your case I was honest because I expected better when the answer to this question didnt require a huge thread because its widely known that the NA flash wont work with nitrous or boost. And doing your homework means you evaluate the options before spending almost 3 grand in parts. Not buy now, think later.
And for the record, my initial comment wasnt ment as an attack towards you, however that is obviously the way you took it so ill go with it.

freidaddy
04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
So you can't boost it? Well, I'll just put type-r internals in it I guess.:(

denmah
04-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by freidaddy
So you can't boost it? Well, I'll just put type-r internals in it I guess.:(

yeah you can you just gotta change the ecu back to stock or order the programmable with the stock flash like im doing, then when the boost flashes come out just unplug your jrsc powercard and upload the boosted flash. easy.

freidaddy
04-06-2004, 03:30 PM
yeah you can you just gotta change the ecu back to stock or order the programmable with the stock flash like im doing, then when the boost flashes come out just unplug your jrsc powercard and upload the boosted flash. easy.

Sweet, Now I got to save money for a turbo kit.:)