PDA

View Full Version : Free-On Piping?

IIx 03 EP xII
04-04-2004, 07:09 PM
i have a spoon front strut bar. yes yes i know 'it wont fit' so dont tell me that. i heard that if you relocate the brake reservoir then it will fit, so i did that... but now i have the problem with that long long piping that just so happens to be going right around the strut bolts (whatever you call them)... and it wont let me put the strut bar on. soo is there anything i can do about that? could i take it to a shop and have them move it or cut it shorter or something? i dont really care about my A/C that much. is that even the free-on piping? that was just what i was told... HELP ME OUT!

Heitzke
04-05-2004, 12:30 PM
If it were me, i would just leave it all alone. But if you really want to use that strut bar, i'm sure a shop could bend the pipe around. Whatever you do, don't try to do it youself. You would risk letting Freon ( chlorofluorocarbons ) into the air, which has been illegal since '92. Good luck with it all.

MIke

Siman
04-05-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Heitzke
If it were me, i would just leave it all alone. But if you really want to use that strut bar, i'm sure a shop could bend the pipe around. Whatever you do, don't try to do it youself. You would risk letting Freon ( chlorofluorocarbons ) into the air, which has been illegal since '92. Good luck with it all.

MIke

and it could harm you...:cool:

Si4U2NV
04-05-2004, 03:04 PM
god bless CFC's... :smilem:

-Mike

IIx 03 EP xII
04-05-2004, 03:47 PM
thanks... the whole reason why i want to move it/bend it/whatever is cuz i have the rear spoon bar on the way and i want matching brands for the bars. im picky i guess. so i dont want to have to sell both the bars and it will cost me $100 more to buy the mr. alex bars (which i know would fit). thanks though.