PDA

View Full Version : AEM V2 install

stb190
04-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey im about to recieve and install an AEM V2 intake and i already have the AEM Cold Air intake in place so how hard will the install be... I'm getting rid of the Cold Air because with the car lowered by an Eibach Pro Kit the intake sucks up water way to easily and being by the shore with alot of rain is going to well.... So will the install be easy because I already have the cold air in and also will i need to take off the front bumper... thanks for the help

johnkimble
04-04-2004, 08:54 PM
I think the hardest thing will be to remove the cai ;) seriously, should take you a few minutes, straight forward as it gets. remember to reset the ecu after you're finished.

Si Death
04-05-2004, 07:41 AM
why do u want to reset the ecu??? sorry i just did the install a couple of days ago and i did nothing to the ecu.

stb190
04-05-2004, 11:02 AM
one more question.... will i need to take off the front bumper to get the cold air out... or is there an easier way... by the way its a 2003 si. thanks

STP03BlueSI
04-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by stb190
one more question.... will i need to take off the front bumper to get the cold air out... or is there an easier way... by the way its a 2003 si. thanks

The V2 you dont have to remove the front bumper. Mostly because it stays in the engine bay/

VividDreams
04-06-2004, 12:36 PM
correct me if im wrong(which i may very well be, cause i dont have a CAI) but, if you had to take off the bumper to put the CAI on, youl have to take it off again to take off the CAI, but if you dont have to take the bumper off to install it, my reply is useless...lol

oogy-boogy
04-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by stb190

It's do-able. Just jack it up and take off the drivers side front tire. At that point, just remove the necessary plastic tabs in the fender and underside of the bumper. You'll be able to pull the intake through without a problem.

If all else fails, don't be scared....the front bumper is fairly easy to take off :)

oogy-boogy
04-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Si Death
why do u want to reset the ecu??? sorry i just did the install a couple of days ago and i did nothing to the ecu.

It will help the ECU adjust to your new modifications quicker. Disconnect the neg for 10 minutes (turn on the headlights to kill all power left). Then turn the lights off, reconnect the battery and let the car idle with no accessories for 15 minutes....:D

Si Death
04-06-2004, 06:14 PM
does it make a huge difference????
and when u mean no accessories, u mean no radar, cd player etc etc right?? (sorry first mod to my car :D )

johnkimble
04-06-2004, 08:09 PM
its not that it will make giant differences but it will help your car adjust. turn off everything after reconnecting the battery, start her up and smoke a cigarette.

oogy-boogy
04-07-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by johnkimble
its not that it will make giant differences but it will help your car adjust. turn off everything after reconnecting the battery, start her up and smoke a HAM.

Exactly ;)

jerseyjew
04-07-2004, 05:15 AM
[Quote by Vivid Dreams]
my list of over-rated cars... EVO, STI, SRT-4, well, pretty much all the cars that are "cool" cause of the AWD and/or turbo...

I am sorry this has nothing to do with AEM V2 install, but everytime I read that quote I just can't help but think; Idiot ! Overrated because of a turbo and/or AWD. He can't be serious. Yes, the SRT-4 is a rental car with power, but the 30,000+ EVO and STI are far from overrated. VERY FAR. Does this mean a turbo AWD skyline is also "overrated". Well I just had to put this out in the open. Thanks