PDA

View Full Version : Just checked my voicemail, Honda called me for a recall...

Mwing
04-04-2004, 10:46 PM
of my 2003 EP, do you guys know what is it about? Today is Sunday so I just ask here to know what the problem would be.

Another question, today when I filled gas on my car I saw there was no metal plate at the opening of the fuel hole, of the many cars I had driven they all had, but my EP has no, is it normal?

Thanks in advance.

redronin22
04-04-2004, 10:54 PM
yea i noticed i have no metal plate in front of my gas hole either

estebones
04-04-2004, 10:54 PM
interesting....
I have owned 3 previous hondas and they all have had that metal plate at the mouth of the gas tank.
Let us know what the problem is, I can assure you that at least I aminterested.

--esteban

Mwing
04-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the quick replies, I first thought that I accidentally broke the metal plate and pushed it into the fuel tank!!!

And yea I will let you know what happened for the recall thing tomorrow after I called them. That voicemail was recorded few days ago, I thought it was for my seat covers that I got replaced under warranty so I ignored it, but today I got nothing to do I listened to my voicemail box and noticed that.

Any other Canadian got the call from Honda?

BlasTech
04-04-2004, 11:31 PM
Hmmm. Alldata.com has a popup now that says Honda doesn't want them to publish thier TSBs anymore. :eek:

BSEVEER
04-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Ah huh huh, he said gas hole.:D

LACH
04-05-2004, 04:43 AM
Nope no call for me yet ill keep you guys posted if i do.

EtherGhost
04-05-2004, 06:11 AM
According to my Honda Owner Link:

Concerned about safety? So is Honda. That's why Owner Link provides up-to-date recall information about your vehicle. Because Owner Link recall listings are based on your Honda's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), they are specific to your vehicle.
There are no current safety recalls for your 2003 Honda Civic Si.

I don't know how much I trust Owner Link, since the site seems so vague (doesn't tell you about the TSB's, etc.), but it claims that for my VIN I don't have any safety recalls. Check Owner Link and see what it says.

sonic imperial
04-05-2004, 07:37 AM
You would think they'd send you a piece of mail stating the recall if there is one.

hatchback12
04-05-2004, 08:05 AM
it is a recall on a combo switch for the wipers it is not about a gas lid or anything the hb just does not have that

BlairSpeed
04-05-2004, 08:54 AM
my 2002 EP doesnt have a metal flap for the gas hole either, I think thats just how it comes.

YooShin
04-05-2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by EtherGhost
According to my Honda Owner Link:

I don't know how much I trust Owner Link, since the site seems so vague (doesn't tell you about the TSB's, etc.), but it claims that for my VIN I don't have any safety recalls. Check Owner Link and see what it says.
I dream of the day Honda does a recall for the coffen creek and the 1-2 shift, hopefully before my warranty expires.

Mwing
04-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Opps, sorry that's for my GMC Yukon, sorry for the confusion.

Grookes
04-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Mwing
Opps, sorry that's for my GMC Yukon, sorry for the confusion.

I just gotta say - I found this thread pretty stinkin' funny. Nice punchline Mwing.

Anyway, I don't have an inside metal gas cover either. I'm pretty sure that's how they come. And damn that passenger side squeak! Anybody get that fixed?!

SiRRider
04-05-2004, 01:43 PM
What was the problem with your seats Mwing??? I find my seats wearing really bad for a year and a half old car. I also havent recieved a recall notice.

Mwing
04-05-2004, 02:09 PM
The edges around the red inserts on both sides were out of place, the red plastic should be inside the red insert, but they came off over time.

They replaced the seat covers on both sides under warranty. The guy there told me that if not the warranty they were going to charge me $800 CDN for the whole thing.