PDA

View Full Version : Stock Taillight removal?

SiRocket02
04-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Alright, this would be really helpful...im smoking my taillights and I cant figure out how to remove them. I have 3 nuts removed but they wont come all the way out, so anyone wanna tell me how to do this?

STP03BlueSI
04-06-2004, 05:32 AM
You have to remove the bumper.

I know i have Type R tails.:D ;)

AzN Si GuY
04-06-2004, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by SiRocket02
Alright, this would be really helpful...im smoking my taillights...

I smoked my tails a while back. I think mine look decent should've probably used a different clearcoat. To help you picture what it looks like you can see pics of my ride over in the member rides search for the one with the -> Azn Si Guy :)

Originally posted by STP03BlueSI
I know i have Type R tails.:D ;)

How do type R tails differ from Si tails?

STP03BlueSI
04-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Left side US

Right Side UK/JDM

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzQyNzg2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Difference is bulb placement, and UK/JDM are not all red.

Mugen Power
04-06-2004, 08:23 AM
The UK ones also have the extra socket punched out for the fog light. If I were to get a set of tails, it would definitely be the UK ones.

oogy-boogy
04-06-2004, 08:55 AM
You'll love them tinted :D

Here's my broken baby (post tint and bulb swappage): http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzM5MTYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

SiRocket02
04-06-2004, 10:28 AM
damn honda, i didnt think i would have to remove the bumper for this one

Finger
04-06-2004, 10:40 AM
That looks really sharp.

Originally posted by oogy-boogy
You'll love them tinted :D

Here's my broken baby (post tint and bulb swappage):

AzN Si GuY
04-06-2004, 10:57 AM
damn, i like the way you tinted your tail lights oogy. very nice.

oogy-boogy
04-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by AzN Si GuY
damn, i like the way you tinted your tail lights oogy. very nice.

Thanks guys....It's very easy. Most of the work was masking and removing the bumper.

SiRocket02 - It's not hard to remove the rear bumper. In fact, it's very easy. It's 3 nuts on each tail light (back side), 2 on each front (once the bumper's removed), 2 bolts at the top middle of the bumper (under the 2 color matched tabs when the hatch is open), 2 plastic tabs on the underside of the bumper and 2 screws in each wheel well. It only takes me 10 minutes to remove it and the tails. Be sure to put a blanket down so you don't scratch your bumper :)