PDA

View Full Version : Urethane what happened to you!!!

bao_pay
04-06-2004, 11:49 AM
anybody see that new carbon fiber body kit? It looks great but it pisses me off. Why is everyone making body kits for our cars but out of materials that 90% of people don't want? Everytime someone talks about body kits for our cars they are all fiberglass. The only ones I know of that are urethane are the wings west and the real jdm one and maybe one of those ugly ass wide body kits... you know the orange civic that looks like darth vaders face. Two of these kits looks like S and the other costs so much you might as well have bought a wrx then an si. Why can't someone make a replica type r kit out of urethane? Is that too much to ask? Please somone out there... make a decent kit, out of urethane so people outside of california that actually experience cold weather can buy one and not have to worry about cracking in the winter!

ps. I've got my fire retardant suit so flame away

Civicvtec1ps
04-06-2004, 12:56 PM
Tsumani has urethane bodykit.
But ugly as hell.

SiR_d1
04-06-2004, 12:58 PM
I felt the same way which I why I'm all bout JDM OEM HOnda

02situner
04-06-2004, 02:18 PM
kaminari is urithane

BlackSi613nin
04-06-2004, 02:40 PM
whats wrong with carbon fiber, its stronger then urethane... and looks 123413142 times better to.. im al over this new kit, but i want one that will fit the jdm front/rear bumpers, because i dont like the bumper reflecter, and that little bump/lip in usdm bumpers for the bumper support..

joHn

SiR_d1
04-06-2004, 03:05 PM
carbon fiber is just not everyones thing, I know its not mine.

ShowstoppersUSA
04-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Urethane is expensive!!!

Its about $30,000 per mold

Type R kit needs three molds (front sides and rear)

$90,000.00 to start off making one kit!

I don't got that kind of money yet so lets stick to fiberglass or carbon for now :D

Im sure some day one of the big rich companies will make it...:angel:

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

redronin22
04-06-2004, 10:41 PM
indeed.

bao_pay
04-06-2004, 11:05 PM
True i see your point and yet the selfish side of me takes over when it comes to my car. :D It does cost a lot of money to make the molds I guess but then think of all the kits that would be purchased if they were made! I guarantee that there would be over 100 kits sold in the US and Canada in the span of 6 months @ 1G a pop. Or even parted out most guys hate the Buddy Club rear and would opt for urethane sides and rear. I know of at least 5 guys in the Toronto area willing to dish out the dough for a Urethane USDM kit like right now. Unfortunately I'm not willing to go the JDM route because its just too damned expensive with the rebars and the painting to get satin silver metallic. I guess its too late for the JDM Type R kit because so many of them have been sold already so lets not miss out on the Mugens!!! Come on rich guys... where are you!!!

bao_pay
04-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by ShowstoppersUSA
Urethane is expensive!!!

Its about $30,000 per mold

Type R kit needs three molds (front sides and rear)

$90,000.00 to start off making one kit!

I don't got that kind of money yet so lets stick to fiberglass or carbon for now :D

Im sure some day one of the big rich companies will make it...:angel:

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

I do have to admit tho... you are among one of the few companies supporting the ep so i gotta give you props. It just sucks that fiberglass dosen't cut it in -30 Degree weather with snow up to your scrotum 4 months in a year.

tom3
04-06-2004, 11:16 PM
I am also one who is waiting for a urethane replica CTR kit. I just don't want to risk it with fiberglass, and I personally do not like carbon fiber.

VividDreams
04-13-2004, 01:03 AM
i too, will not buy anything but urethane, with fiberglass it'll chip like lays and in my area where there are cinders on the road half the year, thatll be gone before you know it, plus, any little bump to it and its cracking and splintering like crazy:(