PDA

View Full Version : older si emblems

sai_iii
04-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Are any of you guys using any of the older si emblems? I just got the 2nd gen(i think. Its also on the crx si) si emblem and i for one like the way it looks. I used to have the 99-00 si emblem but it looked just like the stock one so i took it off.

RMC22
04-06-2004, 03:21 PM
the 6th gen si STICKERS look nasty compared to 7th gen.

Not my opinion. It's a fact.

the JigGa mAn
04-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by sai_iii
Are any of you guys using any of the older si emblems? I just got the 2nd gen(i think. Its also on the crx si) si emblem and i for one like the way it looks. I used to have the 99-00 si emblem but it looked just like the stock one so i took it off.

those are stickers ours are actual emblems

sai_iii
04-06-2004, 05:05 PM
The 6th gen ones didn't look that bad actually. Oh and yeah i know the 2nd gen ones were stickers but mines a knock off thats actually made similar to the 6th gen emblems(make sense?) Like they are plastic stickers if thats any clearer. I would take a pic, but i don't have a digital camera.

the JigGa mAn
04-06-2004, 06:20 PM
oh i see

Pir8pete
04-06-2004, 06:24 PM
rice it up, got rice! if they build it they will cum

sai_iii
04-06-2004, 07:51 PM
uh... ok hows it rice? so if i keep my stock emblem on there its rice? hows it rice when the emblem i put on my car says si and i drive an si? i guess its rice too if i get a ephatch.com decal too huh? This board is getting rediculous with all the negativity. i ask opinons and i get insulted. What happened to all the love?

the JigGa mAn
04-06-2004, 09:11 PM
i hope you didnt take my comment as an insult...i was just saying what i thought

VividDreams
04-06-2004, 10:34 PM
kinda sounded like an insult

BarracksSi
04-06-2004, 10:41 PM
I've got the original Si emblem from the '86 that I used to own (sold it to a friend when I got the EP).

The reason WHY I have the emblem, though, isn't any fun. While parked during a regular workday, some hooligan threw a rock through the back window and stole a toolbox. They also got a peek at the sub, and stole that a week later by tearing off the bedsheet that was covering the hatch.

Ugh... anyway, laying on the ground amongst the broken glass was the plastic Si emblem. I kept it, and after cleaning the junk off the back, I put it on my EP's dash, tucked inside the shelf space on the passenger side. Really low-key, but still pays homage to the original Si from sixteen years earlier.

I miss that car, too.

the JigGa mAn
04-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by VividDreams
kinda sounded like an insult

then i applogize..friends?:)

sai_iii
04-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
I've got the original Si emblem from the '86 that I used to own (sold it to a friend when I got the EP).

The reason WHY I have the emblem, though, isn't any fun. While parked during a regular workday, some hooligan threw a rock through the back window and stole a toolbox. They also got a peek at the sub, and stole that a week later by tearing off the bedsheet that was covering the hatch.

Ugh... anyway, laying on the ground amongst the broken glass was the plastic Si emblem. I kept it, and after cleaning the junk off the back, I put it on my EP's dash, tucked inside the shelf space on the passenger side. Really low-key, but still pays homage to the original Si from sixteen years earlier.

I miss that car, too.

Thats exactly my purpose for putting on the emblem. To pay homage. Jigga man you are fine. Its the Pir8pete dude that pissed me off. I'll try to get a pic up, but, i still don't have a digi.

CaTiRo
04-07-2004, 03:30 PM
hey, i have an si "sticker" on my car. :(

the JigGa mAn
04-07-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
hey, i have an si "sticker" on my car. :(

thats what i was talking about...i thought ours were the first ones to have a plastic emblem as apposed to the 99-00 si sticker

CaTiRo
04-07-2004, 07:36 PM
well, i think it is actually an emblem. but it looks like a sticker basically because its an all flat surface with no dept. does that make sense? anyway i like the way the ep comes with a si emblem for the front grill. all mine came with was a chrome "H" which has been taken off to give a clean look.

the JigGa mAn
04-07-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by CaTiRo
well, i think it is actually an emblem. but it looks like a sticker basically because its an all flat surface with no dept. does that make sense? anyway i like the way the ep comes with a si emblem for the front grill. all mine came with was a chrome "H" which has been taken off to give a clean look.

oh there ya go...that explains it

Mugen Power
04-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Yeah, I think those are emblems because of a story my friend told me. A friend of hers kept on stealing the Si emblems off of an ex-boyfriend's EM Si and the guy kept buying one to replace it. She did it a few times. So one day they made up as friends and she tossed one of them at him for kicks. Point being, I was told they were emblems. I don't think used stickers are very tossable anyway. :p

the JigGa mAn
04-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Mugen Power
Yeah, I think those are emblems because of a story my friend told me. A friend of hers kept on stealing the Si emblems off of an ex-boyfriend's EM Si and the guy kept buying one to replace it. She did it a few times. So one day they made up as friends and she tossed one of them at him for kicks. Point being, I was told they were emblems. I don't think used stickers are very tossable anyway. :p

unless she crumpled them up and tossed them :p

Mugen Power
04-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Well, my friend said she kept them in her wallet. So unless they were stuck to her bills or she kept a bunch of crumpled Si stickers in there, I say they're more than just stickers. :p