PDA

View Full Version : My hampster is gone.... =*(

Chinaboy
04-06-2004, 07:50 PM
well... guys im happy to be alive and well. Once again posting on this forum i feel greatful, for all the unique people and great individuals on the board. Last night i would of died and not beable to be here because of an accident i had with my hamspter car. To make a long story short... I was wrong on speeding about 45 in a 25 mile zone in the backroads in the bay area in california. But it was easy to control, nothing ive never done before... but when i finish the turn from the apex, a deer was in my lane looking at me, i had to break my line and swerve off into the oppoiste lane... little did I know, my front grabbed gravel and spun me around and i rolled down a small 20 ft revine. Good my buddy followed me and found me when I honked my horn... I was in the ditch, no lights, and no cell phone would have gotten reception.

Today my father and I watched as the tow truck guys took my hampster out of the ditch, 10 feet behind me the revine turned into a stright 100ft drop... I am very lucky I was at the shoulder of the revine saving my fall. If I was 10 feet before that, I would not be here.

Im so heart broken that my car is not here anymore, because my brother and i share the car, but he love the damn thing. I still got my TSX but I feel like shit, my parents were upset, my brother tells me its ok, but i fucked up so bad this time around. The hampster sustained heavy damage... beyond repairable... so hence totalled...

epers... what should I do now? im so lost... my intake is gone, i can't salvage that, but ironic enough the part i paid for the most, have only a few scratches that I can take to a metal machineist to polish out... that was my 660 spoon muffler... I got floor mats that i paid for and that is about all the mods I can save.

If I don't get a 04 ep... then im letting it go... but im not sure what to do rightnow, im not sure how insurance is gonna handle this? will they give me back all my money because it is a new car? or will they do a KKB thing? Is this a collisonal accident or a uncomprehensive thing because there was truely a deer in fact? Does anybody have questions to these?

in any case, driving at the end of the day is a privledge, im so happy im alive, all epers please drive safe.

Im so worried and so lost... glad to have survived and back, I need to goto church this weekend... but then i will take

02civicSI
04-06-2004, 07:52 PM
that sucks man, as far as insurance they will probably do the kbb thing. depends on your insurance though. i asked mine (geico) and they said that they would do the kbb.

EtherGhost
04-06-2004, 08:04 PM
:(

skooba
04-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but as always, at least you're ok. Take out whatever you can from the car and sell it, I'm sure you can find people on here who would like little miscellaneous parts. After that, just start fresh, don't look back, things will work out. :)

02situner
04-06-2004, 08:34 PM
sorry about your accedent and your loss. hope things work out for you and the insurance doesnt try and bend you over too fare..

Ep3 No.2
04-06-2004, 08:39 PM
same thing happend to me and my 04 except i wasnt at a turn and a deer jus ran in front of me. depending on your mileage your insurance should give you a good deal. for my 03 with 5xx miles they gave me 19500. only bad thing is that they jack up your insurance prices. hope your ok and everything turns out for the good in the end.
-Aaron

the JigGa mAn
04-06-2004, 09:10 PM
god bless your ok...start fresh buy another EP you can get good deals on 03s

4g63dsm
04-06-2004, 09:31 PM
sorry to hear that man. Don't you have a T1r b-pipe on your car? if so i got dibs on it.

HondCivc91
04-06-2004, 10:09 PM
sorry to hear about everything man. I was going around a bend on a country road a couple years back ... speeding a lil too, 15 mph over the limit, and a deer jumped out in front of me. Lost control of the car and did two 360's. I was so scared I just mashed the brake pedal and pulled up the ebrake and let go of the wheel. My Civic's driver side rear tire cleared the ground and hung over a 10ft drop into a swamp-like ditch. Left the cell phone at home, thankfully a car drove by 10 minutes later with a guy and a girl. The girl called the cops and the guy sat on the hood of my car as i crawled out the passanger door. Had to be towed out of the ditch and miraculously no damage other than a small scratch from hitting a mile marker.

Dude I've been there and done that and I really thought long and hard about what happened and I try to avoid country roads at night at all costs. The accident slowed me down too, I hardly go 5mph over the limit anymore.

Anyways, take it easy and just deal with the best. Even if ya don't get an EP, buy a used Civic Coupe and you'll be happy with that - you're alive and you're still in the Honda family. You'll always have a home at ephatch too.

;)

FossiL
04-06-2004, 10:22 PM
dude, that's a hard pill to swallow...just glad you're ok and the only scratches to show up were on your car. Like most everyone else said....insurance will most likely give you KBB price + the price for any mods you have on there if you still have the receipts and your insurance company is willing to pay. If you're lucky you may want to go back to the dealership where you bought the car and the sales person who sold you the car can haggle with the insurance company and get you a higher price than they are willing to pay out. (my sales guy did it for me, but only because my family has bought 5 cars from him in the past few years, he actually got me 2K more than the car was worth, so it's worth a try) Just glad you're in one piece.

513n179
04-06-2004, 10:36 PM
i don't know you, but i'm glad you survived your accident. i'm sure everything will work out just fine with your car. tsx? you're damn lucky to have had 2 cars. be careful when you drive your tsx and your next car, if you get one. learn from this shit and be safe bro... don't drive crazy at night.

bao_pay
04-06-2004, 11:40 PM
wow. what can i say. Congratulations your alive and not hurt. Too bad about the car.

Fast02
04-07-2004, 12:46 AM
Thank goodness you're alright:eek: I'm sorry that this happened:(

idrive
04-07-2004, 03:10 PM
i wouldnt get another EP if it were me... then again i would of just hit the deer head-on... sorry about your loss
some things to keep in mind- insurance will always take the cheapest route - which would be KBB. also, if your insurance pays for your mods... you dont get to keep them (often overlooked), also your insurance will increase even MORE for having a modified vehicle. BUT if insurance covers your mods- you'll get full price back vs if you sell it to someone here... we'll prolly try to rip you off =P

raiyo
04-07-2004, 03:58 PM
damn chinaboy, glad you're okay. where is this road off of? How did you feel when it happened? Scared shitless? I would be. ;) I hope you wasn't doing no mountain runs, if you did, learn from that and stop doing it. :) Forget the 04 Si, try to get a 03, it'll be a tad cheaper. Better yet, but my 03 with 12,xxx miles. :D I wish something bad will happen to my car and I wasn't hurt at all. Go see the a doctor in a week or so, some neck, back, or whatever injuries doesn't come up till sometime after the accident.