PDA

View Full Version : Hawk HP Plus & Motul 600 rbf

Low Rider
04-07-2004, 09:10 AM
I am replacing my brake pads and fluid this afternoon... I will post a review once I get this stuff "bedded in"!!! :D

Low Rider
04-07-2004, 04:49 PM
OK... so I installed my Hawk HP Plus brake pads with Motul 600 racing brake fluid! HOLY SH#T!!! What an incredible difference. This is by far one of the most noticable upgrades I have done to date. I am also running Mugen stainless steel brake cables and Power Slot 'slotted' rotors. The car now stops on a dime and I can run smaller rims for lapping days as well. I would highly recommend this combo - no need for costly big brake kits! ;) Just my $0.02 worth!!! :D

trk
04-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
OK... so I installed my Hawk HP Plus brake pads with Motul 600 racing brake fluid! HOLY SH#T!!! What an incredible difference. This is by far one of the most noticable upgrades I have done to date. I am also running Mugen stainless steel brake cables and Power Slot 'slotted' rotors. The car now stops on a dime and I can run smaller rims for lapping days as well. I would highly recommend this combo - no need for costly big brake kits! ;) Just my $0.02 worth!!! :D

Good to hear.

My brembo/axxiss setup gets here tomorrow ... ill post my thoughts too... cant wait.

Low Rider
04-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by trk
Good to hear.

My brembo/axxiss setup gets here tomorrow ... ill post my thoughts too... cant wait.

Wow!!! That will be sweet... :D Will that set up fit under 16's? Let us know how it works out! ;)

trk
04-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Low Rider
Wow!!! That will be sweet... :D Will that set up fit under 16's? Let us know how it works out! ;)

yeah stock size...

Low Rider
04-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by trk
yeah stock size...

Excellent...!!! I would like to hear your impressions once you are set up.
;)

footnote:

We have had some stellar weather around here lately so I have been working the HP Plus pads fairly hard. Stopping distances are dramatically decreased but, the noise level is somewhat high during daily driving. They also require a bit of warming up! :D ...well worth while overall.

graham
04-08-2004, 11:54 AM
When you replaced your pads ... did you do all 4, or just the fronts?

I seem to recall hearing that the rear brakes aren't really worth upgrading.

I plan on getting some ebs greenstuff pads with stock rotors/callipers very shortly.

trk
04-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by graham

I plan on getting some ebs greenstuff pads with stock rotors/callipers very shortly.

The EBC green stuff ATE (warped, etc) my stock front rotors twice in under 8k miles. Get brembo rotors and some pads.

graham
04-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by trk
The EBC green stuff ATE (warped, etc) my stock front rotors twice in under 8k miles. Get brembo rotors and some pads.

Cool ... thanks for the heads up.

Low Rider
04-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by graham

They actually ordered the wrong pads for the rear so I only have the HP Plus on the front. I think the brake bias is about 65% front anyway so your comment is on the money. ;) I would probably only put the rear pads on for track events! :D