PDA

View Full Version : door panel removal

i-vtec04si
04-07-2004, 11:18 AM
does any one know exactly how to remove the drivers door panel??? have to try to fix a ding

i-vtec04si
04-07-2004, 12:52 PM
all i wanna know is there screws??
or does it pop off.. and what should i be carefull with removing?

skooba
04-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Behind the door handle (the long silver part) there is a small hole. Use a small screwdriver or something of that nature, and poke out the silver piece. Then start taking off screws and pieces. Eventually you'll get to just the door panel on there. Start at the bottom, and just pull it, it all snaps into place, you just gotta use a little force and it will all come off.

sk8flex
04-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I took this from the UK forum, it should help... ;)

A: Behind the "handle" here you will find a small hole in which you put a small screwdriver or something else and push inwards, this will result in the "silver" part of your handle will pop out. Behind this you will find a couple of screws....it is only the top one you need to loosen.

B: At the point of the arrow you can very carefully pry open this whole panel with a flatface screwdriver, behind this you will also find a number of screws....only loosen the one at the far left. Now the door is free from the screwing part....

C: Where the C-arrow points you will find an opening in the plastic....this is where you use a flatface screwdriver to carefully pull outwards (towards you ) which will make the doorcard pop out piece by piece...then just follow the edge of the card around so you can feel that the card loosens totally from the door.

Now comes the tricky part, take the card and pull it upwards along the thick arrow at the top...when you feel that the card has let go from the "lockpin" you carefully pull it away from the a-pillar, this will loosen the card even more from the door. Now the only thing left to do is disconnect the card from the door ( the electric windows and the "dooropener" ) by pulling easily at the connections.

http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/images/door.jpg

Felix

i-vtec04si
04-07-2004, 03:28 PM
i think it is diff on the 04 b/c the silver handle part does not come off and faces a diff way then the one on the pic....

ViViDPeArL
04-08-2004, 10:16 AM
take a small screw driver...or anything that's short. feel behind the door handle at the bottom and you'll find a small hole...stick something in there to push the silver plastic piece out...when that comes out...you'll see some screws...take those screws out. under the handle is a cover, look for a small opening slit and stick a flat head in there and pop it out. should be about 5 more screws back there...unplug the window controller...then everything is removed. go up to where the tweeter is and stick your fingers behind the door panel and pop it off

i-vtec04si
04-08-2004, 10:53 AM
thanks ill give it a try.... do u know if it is hard to put back on?

ViViDPeArL
04-08-2004, 10:55 AM
nope...easy peasy...just make sure it goes on the same way you took it off ;) hardest part IMO is getting the door lock thing back in...

thinkricky
07-06-2008, 09:42 PM