PDA

View Full Version : Just got my ES Motor Mounts!

AzN Si GuY
04-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I got got my ES motor mounts today. The UPs man left them at my doorstep about 30 minutes ago. It was shipped pretty fast, I just ordered them Monday and they're here already.

I can't wait to have these in my car. But one question: For those that let a shop install them, how much did they charge you? I always try to fight for a reasonable price on installs.

Civicvtec1ps
04-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Make sure you got the right one.
LEft and Right motor mounts.
I say at least $150 for installation.
Couple hours installation.

AzN Si GuY
04-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps

whoa that's pricey. :eek: if they want that. i'm going to beg for them to go lower than that. what's the lowest anyone paid for to get them in?

oogy-boogy
04-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AzN Si GuY
whoa that's pricey. :eek: if they want that. i'm going to beg for them to go lower than that. what's the lowest anyone paid for to get them in?

<-------- FREE!!!! (DIY ;) )

BlackSi613nin
04-07-2004, 08:40 PM
do it yourself. its really not hard at all.... ive done it to mine, and im installing the Jigga Man;s tomarow morning (and im only 17!), save urself alot of money and do it.. also.. drop the sub frame.. and it will take like an hour

joHn

Stealth Wedgy
04-07-2004, 08:57 PM
where did you get them? What did you pay?

AzN Si GuY
04-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Stealth Wedgy
where did you get them? What did you pay?

www.lightningmotorsports.com
suspension -> energy suspension -> acura part #16.110

$27 shipped to my door

siver-SI
04-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin
do it yourself. its really not hard at all.... ive done it to mine, and im installing the Jigga Man;s tomarow morning (and im only 17!), save urself alot of money and do it.. also.. drop the sub frame.. and it will take like an hour

joHn

You all are going to the meet the 17th right? I would like to see how these feel before I buy them. I just want to see what the vibration is like with them inside the car.

ATRIOT
04-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Im installing mine on friday, and i'm planning on taking some detailed pictures. They'll be posted by saturday.

siver-SI
04-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Im installing mine on friday, and i'm planning on taking some detailed pictures. They'll be posted by saturday.

Thanks. Have looked at the shots on K-series and I would like to see some other ones too. Just wondering are you going to drop the subframe to get to the rear one?

ATRIOT
04-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Yeah going with the subframe drop. I'll post up a "post MM" vibration video so you guys can see how bad it is too.

(John, if your reading this, thanks for hooking it up with the Shop + airtools + help)

VaughanRT
04-07-2004, 09:28 PM
(John, if your reading this, thanks for hooking it up with the Shop + airtools + help) [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm reading this, No problem Steve. I figure you can use all the help you can get. I'm getting bored watching you wheel hop as I rocket past you in the dub! LOL

VIZHUNZ02SI
04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
u will notice a difference
after a while the vibration isnt as bad as it is in the begining

the JigGa mAn
04-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin

joHn

thats right i got a good deal too $20 for the mounts $15 and quiznos for the install

i saved about $130 on the install price:D

thanx john you the MAN!

ATRIOT
04-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I'm reading this, No problem Steve. I figure you can use all the help you can get. I'm getting bored watching you wheel hop as I rocket past you in the dub! LOL [/B]

Haha, you juice it harder than Ben johnson. Try again buddy, the only thing the 2.slow has on the ep is decibels NOT speed. :winkm:

1abSi
04-07-2004, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by AzN Si GuY
I got got my ES motor mounts today. The UPs man left them at my doorstep about 30 minutes ago. It was shipped pretty fast, I just ordered them Monday and they're here already.

I can't wait to have these in my car. But one question: For those that let a shop install them, how much did they charge you? I always try to fight for a reasonable price on installs. hey man let me know what you find for install prices....i could might work something out for you...:cool:

amctmg
04-08-2004, 03:57 AM
I installed mine and it was a real pain in the @ss they don't want to fit, Good luck doing it your self. If you have a lift available use it, I used jack stands and prybars and wd40. And when you start the car after you first put them in you would think you did something wrong with all the vibration but your ok just get used to it!

BlackSi613nin
04-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
thats right i got a good deal too $20 for the mounts $15 and quiznos for the install

i saved about $130 on the install price:D

thanx john you the MAN!

\np, to bad U CANT MAKE IT OUT TO MY HOUSE! :yellm: but theres always next time :)

, and yes ill be a t the meet so everyone can feel how the vibration is, (its not bad at all. slightly worse with A/C on) and hondata :angel: :D

joHn

AzN Si GuY
04-08-2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by 1abSi
hey man let me know what you find for install prices....i could might work something out for you...:cool:

alright, man. i'm going to call stage 6 and velocity trends today and i know they are probably gonna ask for some BS prices but we'll see. but i'll get in touch with you on aim or give you a call later.

AzN Si GuY
04-08-2004, 07:54 AM
It's tight having an import performance shop right outside your neighborhood. But anyways, I just stopped inside and they were asking for $120.

I tried to make them go down in price, but no luck, he wouldn't budge on the price. There earliest day the shop would be available to do my car is monday. So I'm thinking what I should do. $120 is a lot of money.

ATRIOT
04-08-2004, 08:31 AM
I say you atleast try to do it yourself, i'll try to make a detailed DIY tommorow.

Each MM is stamped with a 3 digit number.
Does anyone know where each numbered insert goes? ie. Front Left, Back Right, Front Right, Back Left. ?

andy
04-08-2004, 09:27 AM
I say you atleast try to do it yourself, i'll try to make a detailed DIY tommorow.

Does anyone know where each numbered insert goes? ie. Front Left, Back Right, Front Right, Back Left. ?

I can't remember which is which (maybe by looking at a pic) but
I can assure you once you get under the car, it'll be clear. IIRC,
the "bigger" of the two sets of inserts if for the rear. The smaller
ones are for the front.

amctmg
04-08-2004, 09:29 AM
they only fit one way you can tell by looking where they go. Good luck getting the frt mount back in without lifting the motor

ATRIOT
04-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by andy
I can't remember which is which (maybe by looking at a pic) but
I can assure you once you get under the car, it'll be clear. IIRC,
the "bigger" of the two sets of inserts if for the rear. The smaller
ones are for the front.

Thanks Andy, im just itching to get under there and check it out! :m:

taffeta_wht_si
04-10-2004, 10:11 PM
Any shop is gonna be pricey, I always say do it yourself. Its never too late to learn how to work on your car. Besides that shouldnt be too hard of an install

civicSIracer
04-10-2004, 11:56 PM
ya.. ive had mine in my room for the last 6 months.. i dont want to do this alone..

02SilverSiHB
04-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
left and right ones? isn't it front and rear? that would keep the motor from shaking right?
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87258&highlight=diy+motor+mounts
http://www.ivtecdaily.com/rsx/mods/motorMounts.html

02SilverSiHB
04-11-2004, 07:59 PM

it's front and rear...I just posted a how to
http://www.ivtecdaily.com/rsx/mods/motorMounts.html

AzN Si GuY
04-12-2004, 04:55 PM
I just got them in today. Well there was hardly any increased vibration. And it did make the engine sound meaner. I only did one peel out and launched a little under 4rpms and no wheel hop all the way to redline. I was amazed. Driving around I noticed some nice torque gains. I love this mod!

agrabau
04-13-2004, 09:46 AM
Why are people doing this modification?

the JigGa mAn
04-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by agrabau
Why are people doing this modification?

CAUSE ITS THE BOMB BABY!!!!

what it does it reduces/elimanates wheel hop which will give you better launches and what not...well worth the $20

agrabau
04-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Gotcha. And what car is it from? Is this a variant of the engine dampener add-on I see in magazines?

andy
04-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Gotcha. And what car is it from? Is this a variant of the engine dampener add-on I see in magazines?

They are not made for another car (well, they are labelled as RSX
engine mount inserts, but since our car has a similar engine...).
They are made by Energy Suspension (think I got that right) to be
inserted into the front/rear motor mounts on the K20A3.
Not sure what other dampener you are referring to, but these work
with the stock mounts (you slide them in over the stock pieces) and
that's about it.

oogy-boogy
04-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Is this a variant of the engine dampener add-on I see in magazines?

Yes, it solidifies the the front and rear mount with 2 halves of hard plastic/urethane. Well worth the $$.

I've put 6 sets in and highly recommend the subframe drop as opposed to the motor rock. after the 3 done this weekend, I'm pretty confident I could do the subframe drop method in an hour.

3 done via motor rock
3 done via sub frame drop

I will NEVER do the motor rocking method again.