PDA

View Full Version : Before I go to work....I'm the bearer of good news!

!@#$%
04-07-2004, 06:43 PM
Just got a statment in the mail saying my insurance rates are dropping from 244 a month to 168!!!!

Talk about a relief. I finally get a break. Sure feels good.

bobdobbs
04-07-2004, 06:54 PM
Mod money! :D

shimmy_yaz
04-07-2004, 07:13 PM
Boy this almost sounds like a Geico commercial

iVtec si
04-07-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by shimmy_yaz
Boy this almost sounds like a Geico commercial

damn, I got beat to the Geico joke. LOL

peace:D

LHD_EP3
04-07-2004, 07:18 PM
That's a good drop but still pretty expensive :D

shimmy_yaz
04-07-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by iVtec si
damn, I got beat to the Geico joke. LOL

peace:D

HAHA:D

VividDreams
04-07-2004, 10:57 PM
you just turned 21 right? maybe that will happen to me too...

also, seems to me that everyone i hear that calls Geico gets a higher quote than anywhere else, they wanted 3000 every 6 mo. for me...twice that of the next highest quote...:rolleyes: i think thats in part because they go back on your record for 5 and (for some things) 10 years, whereas others only go three...

either way, Geico sucks

!@#$%
04-08-2004, 05:31 AM
ya, i just turned 21, and wasn't expecting any kind of drop in price, but I'm sure not going to argue.

I have state farm.

mod money is right, i'm thinking of maybe some complete white HID's. hmmm

Btrthnezr3
04-08-2004, 06:04 AM
I can't wait till I turn 21. My insurance is like 260 with State Farm now...and I'm a girl too :mad:
But, it'll go down soon enough. Then I'll be happy :D
And when the car is paid off, let the modding begin!!

Jay H
04-08-2004, 06:14 AM
Getting old has it's perks. I pay $49.83 per month for insurance on my EP.

Jay
O3 Si (http://www.jays911.com/Si.htm)

Btrthnezr3
04-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Damn.
Well, I guess I have something to look forward too.

itwasfate02si
04-08-2004, 08:12 AM
I so wish I could get away with around $50 a month for insurance. My insurance is $211 per month......but that's after one major accident, two speeding tickets, one failure to yield.....the list goes on and on...

So basically I'm a bad driver! But it didn't get that way until a couple of years ago, but this year no tickets *knock on wood*.

Sarah

ATRIOT
04-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Whoa, you guys have it good. The turning point up here in Canada is 25!!! ugh.

NemesisITR
04-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Mine went down by 80 when I turned 25 last year. Im paying 116 a month now and thats with 50/500 deductibles. It was less but State Farm put our car into a different category.

ATRIOT
04-08-2004, 11:00 AM
Insurance is getting outta hand in Ontario, its complete bullshit. Some insurers even will drop you from your policy if you make changes to your car. Were talking basic changes even, such as lowering springs, intakes etc. :p Insurance for a car costs more than the monthly payments for some.

VividDreams
04-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Whoa, you guys have it good. The turning point up here in Canada is 25!!! ugh.

some companies only drop at 25 here as well, some drop it at 21, some at both, some at neither...all depends who ya got

Insurance for a car costs more than the monthly payments for some.

same as in the states man...

I can't wait till I turn 21. My insurance is like 260 with State Farm now...and I'm a girl too

well since youre a girl, it only drops at 30

lol, j/p;)

Jay H
04-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
...basic changes even, such as lowering springs, intakes etc. :p

I've been with the same car insurance company for 19 years now, with zero claims and two tickets over that time period. Everytime I add a car to the policy, they go through this whole ordeal about asking me what mod's have been done to the car (including aftermarket rims, exhaust, intake, etc) and then warm me that the car might not be covered with these modifications.

You'd think after 19 years they wouldn't even dare to ask, but they do. There must be some statistics out there that makes them feel that aftermarket modifications to cars make them unsafe and may increase their liability.

ATRIOT
04-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Check out this post on Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs INSURANCE OUTRAGE (http://racing.kos.net/soloforums/showthread.php?threadid=2687)
:rolleyes:

I have been readign the posts about insurance over the last couple of days, because Im facing the same decisions about modification and racing of my car. While I have been reading everything I can find, I decided to call my insurance broker to get their official opinion on the various questions I had, mainly what if anything can be modified. After a couple discussions with the broker, I received a voice mail today telling me that my policy was being CANCELLED!! They said they contacted the company insuring me and they are cancelling the policy because I "race my car" ! I am shocked, stunned, disgusted, outraged and confused to what I can do in this outrageous situation. I have NO modifications to my car at this time and I have NEVER raced my car at any event before. I have taken a defensive driving class and that is it. I was merely INQUIRING about the options I had as to avoid such problems and they caused me the problems ANYWAY! I also have a perfectly clean record since I got my licence.

ShortThrowEP03
04-08-2004, 04:48 PM
I PAY 250 A MONTH CAR PAYEMNTS, AND 300 A MONTH INSURANCE.. PAY MORE FOR THE GOD DAM INSURANCE THEN I DO THE CAR... MAYBE BECUASE ITS MY FIRST CAR AND I AM ONLY 17 YEARS OLD