PDA

View Full Version : gauge cluster disable

toda_power
04-08-2004, 05:41 AM
do u guys happen to know how to disable the gauge cluster?

Civicvtec1ps
04-08-2004, 06:33 AM
Just disconnect gauge cluster wireharness,
Why are you trying to do this?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-08-2004, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
Just disconnect gauge cluster wireharness,
Why are you trying to do this?

my guess...odometer fraud...i dont see any other reason to do that.

toda_power
04-08-2004, 01:47 PM
haha..i will probably do it. i just dont want my mileage to go up more. i have an 03 and so far it has 13k right now and i'll be trading it in for an s2000 in a couple of months.

Siman
04-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Are you SHURE the ECU doesnt measure the milage......

i will laugh if it keeps on racking up miles....:p:

toda_power
04-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Siman

yeah my homie was telling me about that. iono...i'll just wait until i get the ctr cluster.

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
04-10-2004, 05:58 PM
yes the ecu store the mileage

03CivicSi
04-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Stinks for you if the ECU stores mileage as well. But you are trading the Si straight for an s2000? or paying for what's still needed because s2000 costs more?

siver-SI
04-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Siman

It does. That is why when you get a A2 ECU you get the millage off that car.

CivicSiR4U2NV
04-28-2004, 03:48 PM
If you want to cheat the odometer you have to unplug the VSS (vehicle speed sensor).

the JigGa mAn
05-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by toda_power
haha..i will probably do it. i just dont want my mileage to go up more. i have an 03 and so far it has 13k right now and i'll be trading it in for an s2000 in a couple of months.

and you have no moral problem with this?

seattlecivic
05-23-2004, 07:49 PM
So if I get a CTR guage cluster it should display my actual miles?? :p

oldschoolimport
05-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by seattlecivic
So if I get a CTR guage cluster it should display my actual miles?? :p the cluster keeps the miles that are on that cluster. if you got a ctr cluster, that clusters miles would show, not yours. for them to get the mileage off the ecu, they would have to suspect fraud and put the scan tool on it. by the way, odometer fraud is a federal offense.;)

seattlecivic
05-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Is it a federal offence to put in a CTR guage cluster then ? :)

scrunkness
05-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Is it a federal offence to put in a CTR guage cluster then ? :)

Read before you ask dumb questions oldschoolimport answered that they will have to suspect fraud first. I am sure if you put a new cluster in they will not suspect fraud cause its an import. A lot of people are changing there gauges now. If you don't do anything wrong then what is there to really worry about. Thats just my 2 cents.

oldschoolimport
05-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by scrunkness
Read before you ask dumb questions oldschoolimport answered that they will have to suspect fraud first. I am sure if you put a new cluster in they will not suspect fraud cause its an import. A lot of people are changing there gauges now. If you don't do anything wrong then what is there to really worry about. Thats just my 2 cents. if you do put the ctr cluster in, I would document the mileage when you remove your cluster, and the starting mileage on the ctr cluster when you install it with FILM photographs. digital photographs are frowned upon in court because they are easier to alter. with photograph documentation, you will be able to prove how many miles are on the car.

as long as you dont mis-represent the mileage, such as claim that the new clusters mileage is the ACTUAL mileage on the car, I dont think you will have a problem.

siver-SI
05-24-2004, 06:36 PM
Most states have a form to fill out for this. You go to a state office or DMV and they record your old millage and then your new millage.

seattlecivic
05-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Read before you ask dumb questions oldschoolimport answered that they will have to suspect fraud first. I am sure if you put a new cluster in they will not suspect fraud cause its an import. A lot of people are changing there gauges now. If you don't do anything wrong then what is there to really worry about. Thats just my 2 cents.

Man, I would like to smack you.... I was asking a question and don't need your flaming.

Thanks to the rest of you guys for answering my question. Let's try to keept this place cool.

:angel:

oldschoolimport
05-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Let's try to keept this place cool.

:angel: +1

this is not clubsi, lets keep it that way.;)

scrunkness
05-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by oldschoolimport
if you do put the ctr cluster in, I would document the mileage when you remove your cluster, and the starting mileage on the ctr cluster when you install it with FILM photographs. digital photographs are frowned upon in court because they are easier to alter. with photograph documentation, you will be able to prove how many miles are on the car.

as long as you dont mis-represent the mileage, such as claim that the new clusters mileage is the ACTUAL mileage on the car, I dont think you will have a problem.

Very good point about the regular picture vs digital. Never really thought about that.

Thanks oldschoolimport we need to keep this site just the way it is.:D

oldschoolimport
05-25-2004, 04:16 PM
Very good point about the regular picture vs digital. Never really thought about that. in the E.R. we have to do forensic documentation on crime victims. we got into a discussion about film vs. digital, and having a photography background that kind of stuck with me. lawyers will use ANYTHING against the other side.;)