PDA

View Full Version : ES motor mount install

the JigGa mAn
04-08-2004, 01:48 PM
i would like to thank BlackSi613nin (john) for pretty much doing the whole install!!! THANK YOU JOHN!!!

the mounts are so fuckin sweet!!!! no wheel hop at all from a 5k launch just alot of spinning then finaly they bite...

there is in cabin vibrations but its not as bad as i thought it would be i can live with it and ill prolly get used to it.

the install was a complete total BITCH..we broke one bolt which i think is pretty good its the bolt that connects the header to the...err..idk wahts its called but john and i called it a down pipe..not too bad itll have to go to honda have them take out the rest of the rusted bolt and pop in a new one..alothough it does sound LOUD compared to before...so ill have to get that fixed, all in all the install went pretty good it took us a while to do b/c so many stubern bolts..but thats expected

anyway i love this mod and it only cost me $35 installed!!!! if you dont have the motor mounts you should think about them

esmith13
04-08-2004, 01:50 PM
I take it you did it the original way and had to rock the engine? I'm guessing that cause you unbolted the down pipe...

Glad you like them - and the vibrations will lessen ALOt abter 500-1000 miles get on the mount inserts.

Eric

the JigGa mAn
04-08-2004, 02:11 PM
you bet..i just wanted john to do what would be easiest for him since i knew he would be doing most if not all of the work..

BlackSi613nin
04-08-2004, 04:50 PM
hey! your welcome man.. anything you need to be done.. just ask me... anyways, we dropped the subframe to get them on.. was MUCH easier, and i had to drop the downpipe thingy from the header to allow the subframe to come down a little more.... it took about 2 hours, because alot of the time we were trying to get some stubborn bolts out of place and figuring what to do.. i think it should have taken no more then an hour if everything whent smoothly...
im glad you like them
and you owe me "quiiizznoooosss subbss!!"

later

joHn

TrippZ
04-09-2004, 07:58 AM
2 hours? goddamn. supposed to be 1 hour??? holy good god damn! it otok me 3 hours to do my header. ive heard that motor mounts take an average of like 8 hours!!!

BlackSi613nin
04-09-2004, 08:48 AM
very very speedy:) when i did it the first time, on my car, it took a long time, cuz it was the first time... but i knew where to go and some short cuts that made it alot shorter, i could have made it even more shorter, (now i know how to,) so like i said the next time, i think i could even do it in an hour to hour and a half..
joHn

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
04-10-2004, 12:05 AM
BlackSi613nin, we don't know each other but I've heard about you from John(Acura Cl) and Kamil(Gti VR6).They both go to the same shool as you and both of them are my friends. I'm just curious if by any chance I would get the motor mounts could we work something out??

Greg

BlackSi613nin
04-10-2004, 07:12 AM
hey, yah i know Jon and kamil (Maly GTI AHAHAHAHAHAH LOL) but. yeah if you get the motor mounts, i could deff/ help you install them, are you goin to the meet on the 17th? wanna ride there together with sychosly, szm426, me amd a few other people... jon might go to...

joHn

klubhedsi
04-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin
hey, yah i know Jon and kamil (Maly GTI AHAHAHAHAHAH LOL) but. yeah if you get the motor mounts, i could deff/ help you install them, are you goin to the meet on the 17th? wanna ride there together with sychosly, szm426, me amd a few other people... jon might go to...

joHn
dO u ever come by citco on belmont cumberland? Bc i know they are there! What time u guys leaving to the meet? where u meeting up?

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
04-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by BlackSi613nin

joHn

I think I'll get the motor mounts, but first I want to feel how is the driving with it.
I'll be going to meet for sure. Ride there together is great idea and I'm in.

EP3.. 2.. 1 GO
04-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by klubhedsi
dO u ever come by citco on belmont cumberland? Bc i know they are there! What time u guys leaving to the meet? where u meeting up?

I'm there with few my friends moslty on Fri, Sat, and Sun. We do some street racing not far away from Citgo.

I don't know about time, but I think Cumberland & Higgins by Dominics parking lot would the the best spot, because it's just next to the highway!!!