PDA

View Full Version : Second Thoughts On Turbo

2k2SiAutoXer
04-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Well guys, I am probabally crazy for doing this but I am really thinking about selling my turbo kit. I have a few reasons such as paying off the car and not fucking my warrenty until it is up, also after washing my car the other day I realized that it is just always going to be a Civic. Nothing against the people who have already gone turbo but I just think I can apply the money towards other things right now. I really love the Si, and I think I can be happy with it forever in stock form. Maybe the money I save now will help me buy a 'toy' car in the future.

--Tom

4g63dsm
04-08-2004, 04:02 PM
What kind of turbo? how long was it used for? and how much do you want for it?

trk
04-08-2004, 04:37 PM
interested as well... you gonna sell it?

Jpax
04-08-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
I really love the Si, and I think I can be happy with it forever in stock form. Maybe the money I save now will help me buy a 'toy' car in the future.

--Tom

I feel yea on that one. My subie will all ways be a Subie BUT I got Turbo and a full warrenty!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMzE2MzQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

I want anothor ep3 or Dc5 but untill i have the extra money i can have fun in the subie

bgsteve523
04-08-2004, 05:07 PM
I am telling you I was thinking the same thing when I got my kit but once you drive a turboed civic its no longer an SI its an FI LOL sorry not trying to be to stupid but seriously it is crazy how much fun the car becomes and your whole mind set changes.
Just my 2

2k2SiAutoXer
04-08-2004, 05:20 PM
its the greddy kit. No IC but I do have the greddy type-s BOV and Turbo timer. It was never used, still in box. I just see it sitting in my livingroom and I have a different thought on what to do with it everytime I see it. I know I will have fun with it, but Im not sure Turbo is in my books right now. I can afford it, but Im not sure I really WANT to afford it right now. It was a big impulse buy, you know, sitting in Iraq with about 10 grand laying around, you think what is a measley 2 grand. Now that I have an apartment with not living room furniture and Im sleeping on an air mattress, the Turbo does not sound as good as it once did. I am also promising myself that I will not dip into my savings for ANYTHING except to own a house. I just dont know if the risk is worth taking.

--Tom

trk
04-08-2004, 05:30 PM
its the greddy kit. No IC but I do have the greddy type-s BOV and Turbo timer. It was never used, still in box. I just see it sitting in my livingroom and I have a different thought on what to do with it everytime I see it. I know I will have fun with it, but Im not sure Turbo is in my books right now. I can afford it, but Im not sure I really WANT to afford it right now. It was a big impulse buy, you know, sitting in Iraq with about 10 grand laying around, you think what is a measley 2 grand. Now that I have an apartment with not living room furniture and Im sleeping on an air mattress, the Turbo does not sound as good as it once did. I am also promising myself that I will not dip into my savings for ANYTHING except to own a house. I just dont know if the risk is worth taking.

--Tom

Tom,

Im very interested.

We should talk. PM me over at ColoradoEP3.com

Tai

DumbNewB
04-08-2004, 06:15 PM
I just dont know if the risk is worth taking.

--Tom

I know how you feel thats why i decided to sell my kit too

skooba
04-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Well you gotta look at it as a car being a liability and a house being an asset. You said you don't wanna dip into savings unless its for owning a house, so you've got your priorities straight. All the money you drop into a car, you won't see the majority of it in return. Real estate on the other hand, yields a higher return value, thus would be a wiser choice if looking towards the future. But, everyone wants to have some fun in their lives, so the choice is all up to you. I'd love a turbo on my car, but I would also like 100% reliability and some PIMP furniture in my own place when the time comes. So its all on what you want more.

enecks
04-08-2004, 10:15 PM
mmmm...air mattresses are fun.

STP03BlueSI
04-09-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by enecks
mmmm...air mattresses are fun.

LMAO....but they are a bitch to blow up.

Whiteboy
04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
IMO you should keep the turbo, but don't install it until you are settled in. Sounds like you just got back to the states and are still adjusting, and trying to set some things straight in your world. Keep it and if you need money sell it; if you are doing great, go for the setup. A turbo on your car should be the last on your list of things to do.

CaTiRo
04-09-2004, 09:16 PM
well, you had $10000 and spent $2000 on turbo.

$10,000
- $2,000
---------
$8,000

humm .... so that means you at least have $8000 to go toward living room and bedroom furniture. problem solved!!

:D j/k!
i understand what you mean, if it was me i would hate to get rid of my turbo but you probably really could use some furniture. so get rid of the turbo ... if not that decorate the entire apartment with an oriental theme and have all your guest sit on the floor. yeah then you could keep your turbo.