PDA

View Full Version : Toda

SIborland
10-10-2002, 06:04 AM
Finally talked to Toda yesterday and according to them they do not plan to make anything for our motor. They said that the parts they do have for the K20A2 and R, but they won't fit and were designed specifically for those motors....all I have to say is boooo!!!

ssvr6
10-10-2002, 07:27 AM
Why wouldn't they make anything for our engines? That's freaking lame.

Steve

Whooopasss
10-10-2002, 11:10 AM
guess you can send your stock cams to crower and have them grind it for you...

from crower

Camshaft Hardfacing and Regrinds
Crower is constantly updating it's line up of performance cam cores, next on the list is the Acura RSX VTEC and...if demand is there, 8620 steel billet roller cores for the S2000 VTEC. If your engine make is not listed above, then Crower does not have a cam for your application. A custom Crower regrind may be an alternative. When you supply Crower your stock cam core, we draw on 50 years of camshaft experience to grind the exact profile required for your application. Whether it's cruising (lope at idle) or full race with full NOS shot, Crower has the profile you need. You supply stock core. Available for just about any appliaction and engine make.
Two options:
1. Hardfacing - Welding up stock lobes (if VTEC, mid only) to allow unlimited spec while maintaining stock base circle. Cost $40 per lobe plus $100 per cam for the grinding. VTEC weld is only on mid lobe (8 lobes + grinding = $520 total). You supply stock cores. VTEC specs listed above are available on hardfaced cores. Full drag race, road race, turbo or nitrous. No wear or compatibility issues.

2. Straight regrind- Reduced base circle allows more lobe lift. Limited spec, emphasis on top end power. Typical specs are .005" to .010" more lift, 5 to 10 degrees more duration at .050" and about 5-10 more hp depending on engine mods. You supply stock cores. May require lash caps.

IceD out N CALI
10-10-2002, 11:32 AM
that sucks

SIborland
10-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Whooopasss

Two options:
1. Hardfacing - Welding up stock lobes (if VTEC, mid only) to allow unlimited spec while maintaining stock base circle. Cost $40 per lobe plus $100 per cam for the grinding. VTEC weld is only on mid lobe (8 lobes + grinding = $520 total). You supply stock cores. VTEC specs listed above are available on hardfaced cores. Full drag race, road race, turbo or nitrous. No wear or compatibility issues.

2. Straight regrind- Reduced base circle allows more lobe lift. Limited spec, emphasis on top end power. Typical specs are .005" to .010" more lift, 5 to 10 degrees more duration at .050" and about 5-10 more hp depending on engine mods. You supply stock cores. May require lash caps.

So basically we're looking as handing out an assload of money for a modified stock cam? Did they say anything about producing bottom end pieces?

GP Si
10-10-2002, 06:51 PM
well to make thing easier for you guys why don't you guys just get an rsx-s head and ecu

SIborland
10-16-2002, 01:11 PM
Well as of right now it wont fit...but Im sure they'll make some kind of contraption to fit it on, but I like the set-up we have anyways.....tons and tons of room for improvement, plus perfect for FI

Az02Si
10-16-2002, 01:31 PM
Hm,lets see why Toda wouldnt wast3 time with out cars.Lets see here,maybe because they would prolly have to spend a lot of cash to develop a set of cams for a car that has HORRIBLE SALES,and no one is buying.Its monatarily not worth it for them.Dont be surprised if other aftermarket companied follow siut.

nikkotyper
10-18-2002, 11:40 AM
TODA makes stuff for cars competing in Japanese racing series (N1 etc.)
Our car does not fall in that category.

JSIR
10-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by SIborland
Well as of right now it wont fit...but Im sure they'll make some kind of contraption to fit it on, but I like the set-up we have anyways.....tons and tons of room for improvement, plus perfect for FI

there is a guy on the Civic Si Community forum that claims to be running an RSX-S head on the Civic bottom end with RSX-S ECU in a USDM EP. He did not swap motors, just installed the head with full valvetrain and cams. He said it just dropped in perfectly, no modification necessary, and the ecu plugged in without any mods either. He claims to be making 187 whp at 7300 rpms. It is also my understanding that the RSX-S head does not fit our block, so I am a bit skeptical believing his claims, that would be the first I have ever heard of the head swap working. I figure if it worked there would be many more Civic Si's and base RSX's with that head, instead they are resorting to full engine swaps. still a bit confusing at this point in time. :confused: