04-08-2004, 04:46 PM
see title

that shit rocks ;)

i just loaded up with like 4 refills and 3 full bottles of soap

100% spotless and smells like green apples

works SUPERB

02civicSI
04-08-2004, 05:00 PM
i was a bit skeptical about this stuff but i might try it out this weekend.

skooba
04-08-2004, 06:19 PM
my friend has this, used it on his bike and said it turned out like showroom condition and it reached little spots that his hands could not. I'm skeptical, but apparently it works. Guess I'll have to pick this up also.

Civicvtec1ps
04-08-2004, 08:46 PM
I got one last weekend.
Go grab $5 coupon and BUy one from Walmart.
I only paid 14+taxes for basic kit.

AkronSi
04-09-2004, 06:51 AM
How's the water pressure on it? And, how long to the filters and soap cartridges last? How much to the refills cost?

Type X
04-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by AkronSi
How's the water pressure on it? And, how long to the filters and soap cartridges last? How much to the refills cost?

water pressure is good

has 3 levels
spray
spray w/ soap
and mist :)

starter soap lasts 3 washs
the full refill maybe 10 washes or more

as for the "filters" it depends on your waters hardness
but package says good for 10 washes

base prices
kit - 22.99 ( kit, starter soap, filter )
soap - 6.00
filter - 6.00

SiR Medic
04-11-2004, 08:59 AM
I just bought one of these puppies, put it to use today hopefully.

Little pissed off that the "Starter Filter" is good for only 3 washes though...

Still got my California Water Blade for back-up.

Makross
04-11-2004, 10:50 AM
just picked up one myself and it really works on my black ep no water sports or anything great stuff

SiR_d1
04-11-2004, 12:45 PM
I plan to detail my car with a good hand wash tomorrow.

I'll probably buy this for times when I need a quick wash where I don't wanna spend 4 hours washing

SiR Medic
04-12-2004, 06:07 AM
I used this sucker yesterday...

I am officially impressed!

No waterspots and the soap really does a good job getting rid of the dirt. Gun looks cool too!

Yesterday, I washed and used a clay bar, today, I do the good 'ol Meguire's 3 step polish/was system.

SiR_d1
04-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic
I used this sucker yesterday...

I am officially impressed!

No waterspots and the soap really does a good job getting rid of the dirt. Gun looks cool too!

Yesterday, I washed and used a clay bar, today, I do the good 'ol Meguire's 3 step polish/was system.

I just finsihed doing my car as well. I was going to do the meguires 3 step too but got lazy so I ended up just doing a wash, clay bar, meguires scratch-x on any noticable scratches, than wax.

I am happy to say that this year I had no new scratches on my paint:) the fact that I never park beside a car is starting to finally pay off

n i c k e l
04-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Civicvtec1ps
I got one last weekend.
Go grab $5 coupon and BUy one from Walmart.
I only paid 14+taxes for basic kit.

where did u get the $5 coupon?

SiR Medic
04-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, today I spent the afternoon doing the ol' 4 step process.

Cleaner wax, Polish, Carnuba wax, and a good buffing...

Damn that ride is clean!!!:D

Type X
04-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by n i c k e l
where did u get the $5 coupon?

autodry.com

03CivicSi
04-15-2004, 08:51 AM
Nice, I am assume this is the stuff where you spray the soap and water on and it dries itself... I have a question, can this be done in the sun? or will not work as well? It is better to use in the shade?

Thanks

SiR_d1
04-15-2004, 01:22 PM
you still have to wash your car with a sponge/mitt like you normally wood, the only thing special about this is that it filters the water you use to rinse your car to avoid any water spots

my girl bought it for me last week:) I'll try it out the next time I wash my car and I don't have time to dry

FurY
04-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Got it yesterday, washed it today, I'm VERY impressed. I will probably continue to use this product, go get it!

Si4U2NV
04-17-2004, 02:27 PM
i cant believe therez been 270 views, 16 posts and still no pics...:winkm:

-Mike

PS- They sell them at my local Walmart for $10... no coupon...nothin...

Civicvtec1ps
04-18-2004, 05:28 PM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzUwNTg4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzUwNTg5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMzUwNTk0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

SoCaLep3
04-18-2004, 07:53 PM
god dam...10 bucks, i payed 23 bucks for this. works good but i knew i should have checked this forum first.

civicSIracer
04-18-2004, 10:20 PM
i picked up one of these from target when they 1st came out. i was impressed, but have you knowticed a residue on on your car after washing with this??

Soichiro-Honda
04-19-2004, 01:00 AM
Nothing will replace hand washing.

03SiGuy
04-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Soichiro-Honda

DITTO!!!;)

Type X
04-19-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
i picked up one of these from target when they 1st came out. i was impressed, but have you knowticed a residue on on your car after washing with this??

on my gf's car yes
BUT it was a spot that was missed by her when scrubbing and rinsing

i do the whole car with the mist button after rinsing

ViViDPeArL
04-20-2004, 01:10 PM
works well...i like it...got mine for 19 dollars at autozone with a 5 dolla mail in rebate. i don't like that it's kinda heavy...gets tiring holding the damn thing...and also, you still have to scrub a bit...depending on how bad the stains are.

irrational
04-20-2004, 02:09 PM
just got the kit today. cant wait to give it a try.

SiR_d1
04-20-2004, 02:23 PM

whats your point?

your still hand washing your car, your just rinsing it off with Mr. Clean:confused:

ViViDPeArL
04-21-2004, 12:09 AM
i think what i'm gonna try next time, is just wash it like i usually do...but use the de-ionizer to rinse it off, i'll see how it works...

i-WERKS
04-22-2004, 06:55 AM
Does anyone find that it strips the wax?
Maybe it's the soap that comes with it.
When it rains, I notice that it doesn't bead up like it did before.
I wax my windshield too and the rain just beads and runs right off.
Now it seems like there's a light film over it and smears when I use the wipers.

Soichiro-Honda
04-22-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by i-WERKS
Now it seems like there's a light film over it and smears when I use the wipers.

Dummy to don't wax your windshield.

i-WERKS
04-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Dummy to don't wax your windshield.

lol.. don't knock it until you tried it. You don't even need to use your wipers when on the highway.

Soichiro-Honda
04-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by i-WERKS
lol.. don't knock it until you tried it. You don't even need to use your wipers when on the highway.

If its smearing hes using too much.

BarracksSi
04-23-2004, 07:10 PM
If its smearing hes using too much.

He was saying that now, after using Mr. Clean, it's smearing.

Waxing windows isn't a new thing, either.

SiR_d1
04-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by BarracksSi

tell me about it:rolleyes:

Soichiro-Honda
04-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by BarracksSi
He was saying that now, after using Mr. Clean, it's smearing.

No really I thought it just became a new trend :rolleyes:

You window wipes are for rain now use them. :yellm:

KimchiBoy_TypeR
04-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Goddamn!!!:eek: Civicvtec1ps Your place looks like P-Diddy's mansion from the pics (your drive way at least:D) Am I the only one that notices this? You gotta let me spend the night whenever I am in town LOL.Any way 23 bucks is just so much! I'm so broke right now I tried to pawn my Braces :D I'tll be a little while till I get to try this stuff out. but I will deffinately have to.

Civicvtec1ps
04-24-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by KimchiBoy_TypeR
Goddamn!!!:eek: Civicvtec1ps Your place looks like P-Diddy's mansion from the pics (your drive way at least:D)
Yea, It's just drive way.:o

MrCivic03
04-24-2004, 07:23 AM
i got a question? does any one elso notice it takes off the light wax coats with the soap it comes with. it takes off all my wax and scratchx off my car when i use this stuff. it is great but i mean i dont like havin to re wax unless i need to...

SiR_d1
04-24-2004, 11:54 AM
FYI for peeps who wash their car in a garage like myself...shit takes forever to dry:(

Rwecked
04-25-2004, 07:24 AM
I finally broke down and decided to try it yesterday. I was gonna put this thing to the old torture test...

High noon.

1. The unit is a little too cumbersome, I snapped a quick connect fitting trying to wrestle this thing around.
2. "Use only Mr. Clean Soap", the soap is nice but I'm sure you can use another quality soap in there like Mother's or Eagle One.
3. The pressure is a little low. You have to keep a bucket handy to rinse out your mitt/sponge to really get the stubborn stuff.
4. I do like the rinse mist, but it does take a while to get all the soap off.
5. It does dry spot free, just like it says, high noon and all.

I used a Stoner Invisible Glass, Mothers Showtime detailer and Meguiars Hotshine tire dressing to finish her up.

Bottom line, you spend more time washing, less time drying.

SiR_d1
04-25-2004, 03:31 PM
I don't like it

after my car finally dried I noticed it doesn't come out as shinny like when I regularly wash it. On top of all that, the soap takes away some or all of your wax:mad:

If you dont believe me try this out...

1. on a waxed car, use some detailing spay and touch up a specific panel and try take notice of how easy it comes off, next...

2. wash that same panel using the mr. clean system, all steps and all

3. once dry, spray some detail spray and notice how it take a lot more effort to wipe off (a clear sign your wax is stripped!)

I ended up having to re-wax my whole car yesterday after using this. I realize the simple resolution would be to use a different soap in the system but I rather stick to the old fashion way of a good hand wash and dry.

Why change what already works well. I gave the mr. clean system away to my g/f

SiR_d1
04-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Rwecked

4. I do like the rinse mist, but it does take a while to get all the soap off.

you're suppose to use the rinse dial to wash off the soap, then the mist dial to wash off the rinse water

fatathaland
06-21-2004, 06:16 PM
And this whole time the commercial had me thinking it was some magical shet where you don't have to "scrub" at all. I never found drying my car to be as difficult as washing it.

Drying your car can be a good time to do things like wipe inside your doors, hatch deck, hood...etc.

http://www.octanecreative.com/ducttape/scrapbook/images/mrclean.jpg

portugeetex
06-21-2004, 09:40 PM

why not just use RAIN X lol, i use that and in the winter i use the winter Rain X washer fluid its orange and works really well at gettin the salt n shit off. but you guys out in cali dont gotta worry bout that shit, us guys here in new england well you know how it is out here snows like crazy.... salt everywhere. grrrrrrrrrr shoulda stayed in texas lol..... umm noo to hot there and no ocean i should just move to florida not to hot and it has the ocean and no snow ahhhhh must be the life down there ahahha. damn its late and im rambling on. ok time for bed

ep3_civic_si
06-21-2004, 10:44 PM
whats your point?

your still hand washing your car, your just rinsing it off with Mr. Clean:confused:

yeah were still hand washing but it isn't as tiring and it's less work when drying :winkm:

p.s. oh yeah great product by the way :tongue:

Stealth Wedgy
06-22-2004, 11:10 AM
yeah the Mr.Clean Soap strips your wax, be aware.

quincy04si
06-22-2004, 12:22 PM
When I use the Mr. Clean Gun, I go section by section. I first hose down the individul section with the regular rinse (the knob pointing up) then I spray the soap on and scrub with a cloth and then I use the regular rinse to wash off the soap. I do each section individually like this (roof, hood, front passenger quarter, rear quarter, hatch, etc.) After that is completed I use the filtered mist selection and mist the entire car only at the very end.

Comes out great:

http://home.comcast.net/~craigandvicky/si5.jpg

C_Ramsey1
06-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Is there hand washing involve with the Mr. Clean, or does it do everything with the spray...

BarracksSi
06-29-2004, 10:18 AM
Is there hand washing involve with the Mr. Clean, or does it do everything with the spray...

There's hand washing involved.

Spray on the Mr. Clean soapy water, rub/scrub with your favorite implement, then rinse with the Mr. Clean deionized, purified water.

The rinse water is the main difference, since it evaporates without leaving spots. I did that once at a DIY car wash place (you know, the one with the high-pressure sprayer that had filtered, mineral-free water, and it dried off very well just by driving.

SL888
07-03-2004, 08:35 PM
i went to walmart yesterday to get this product but they said they discontinued carrying it because the soap is non biodegradable
so where are you suppose to wash your car if you're gonna get fined for it or just use another kind of soap?

BlackSi613nin
07-03-2004, 10:43 PM
will another soap work with this? i got mine for 5 bux at jewel.. hahaha

joHn

i-WERKS
07-04-2004, 01:27 PM
I used the meguires car wash liquid in mine. It works just as well. The only thing is that the Mr Clean wash rinses better even after it dries up on the car. Other than that, it works just the same

JLannoo
07-18-2004, 09:08 PM
I like my car a little dirty. It hides the dings and scratches lol :)

D3xn2o
05-06-2008, 06:49 PM
:playball:

Im Bringin it back bitch!

4 years later, Anyone still using this?

how is it?

Unknownally
05-06-2008, 07:29 PM
:playball:

Im Bringin it back bitch!

4 years later, Anyone still using this?

how is it?

At first I thought the Mr.Clean Autodry soap was exceptional. I've been using it for 2 years (how long I had my car). First of all, I followed instructions exactly. Rinse, soap, rinse, mist. Now my windows have permanent water spots. The car's body would come out fine, but there will be drip marks in some places.

I never wanted to stop using it because I paid $35 for the kit. About a month ago I finally gave up. Now I use Rain X soap in a bucket and rinse it with the Mr.Clean filter spray. It is much much much cleaner and better. :rain: Shield yourself from the Mr.Clean Autodry kit!