PDA

View Full Version : Armrest in a EP3?

JRSC_EP3
04-09-2004, 08:34 AM
I saw something on the net once that there is a way to put a armrest in to the EP. Not sure where I saw it from, but it was saying something like putting in a CRV armrest. I think it would be a nice little mod. A armrest would be nice to have. Anyone know anything about this?

FCobra94
04-09-2004, 08:50 AM
This guy has been selling EP3 Specific armrest's for a while now on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472805551&category=42612&sspagename=WDVW

When I first got the car, it felt kinda funny not having one. But I got used to it and actually prefer not to have one at all ;)

Good Luck!

the JigGa mAn
04-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by FCobra94
This guy has been selling EP3 Specific armrest's for a while now on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2472805551&category=42612&sspagename=WDVW

When I first got the car, it felt kinda funny not having one. But I got used to it and actually prefer not to have one at all ;)

Good Luck!

i think the ebay one is BUTT ugly....i would like to see someone put in a DC2R armrest in our EPs...it would look good b/c its the same fabric and same color scheme

HgSi
04-21-2004, 11:33 AM
Wow, the ebay one totally does not match anything in the car. The shape, and the materials and everything make it look completely out of place.

I also found it pretty disconcerting not having an armrest at first. I'd never driven a car without one before, and I thought "how could Honda leave out something so vitally important?" But after a little while I got used to it and now I don't even notice that anything is missing. In fact, I think it would get in the way if there were one.

JRSC_EP3
04-21-2004, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the replys, but I think I'm going to forget about an arm rest. It was just a thought. I don't mind not having one either. Thanks though.

RMC22
04-23-2004, 11:51 PM
Have you tried checking out http://www.useyourlap.com? :p

Siggie
04-28-2004, 10:35 AM
I have the armrest from eBay. It is not a high style item, but it is well made, easy to install and remove, and very comfortable. It does get in the way when using the emergency brake, though.

I had a '91 hatch that had no arm rest, but I could rest my elbow on top of the passenger seat next to the headreast. You can't do that with the Si's seats.

The armrest is worth it if you are uncomfortable without one and you aren't trying to trick out your interior.

HgSi
05-01-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by RMC22
Have you tried checking out http://www.useyourlap.com? :p

Heh... yeah... that's what I used to do, until I got used to it. My arm would get tired with my elbow floating in the air for a couple of hours at a time on long drives, so I would just rest it on my lap for a few mins at a time. Or on the shift knob, but I heard that's bad for your transmission, which I didn't know at the time. But obviously it can't be bad for your lap to rest your arm there. Eventually, after a while, I found that my arm doesn't get tired anymore, and I don't need any kind of resting setup. Now I just appreciate the extra space and openness that I have available because of the lack of an armrest.

the JigGa mAn
05-02-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by HgSi
Heh... yeah... that's what I used to do, until I got used to it. My arm would get tired with my elbow floating in the air for a couple of hours at a time on long drives, so I would just rest it on my lap for a few mins at a time. Or on the shift knob, but I heard that's bad for your transmission, which I didn't know at the time. But obviously it can't be bad for your lap to rest your arm there. Eventually, after a while, I found that my arm doesn't get tired anymore, and I don't need any kind of resting setup. Now I just appreciate the extra space and openness that I have available because of the lack of an armrest.

how is resting your arm on the shift knob bad for the transmission? ive never heard this

HgSi
05-13-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by the JigGa mAn
how is resting your arm on the shift knob bad for the transmission? ive never heard this

Oh, I don't know, I read it somewhere on ephatch. Something about stressing the syncros, or something. It could have been just a rumour, but I figured it can't hurt to stop resting my arm on it, so I stopped. =)

ALCT
05-13-2004, 08:13 PM
I have an Aquafina bottle in the cup holder between the two seats, that is my armrest. :D

portugeetex
05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ALCT
I have an Aquafina bottle in the cup holder between the two seats, that is my armrest. :D

[sarcasim alert]
i do think thats one of the cheapest mods ive ever heard of. any idea how i can get my hands on one of them????[/sarcasim alert]

LOL:p

Civicvtec1ps
05-13-2004, 10:38 PM
Those armrests doesn't look right on our interior.
I was considering one , but I can live without armrest anyways.