PDA

View Full Version : Question for those with JDM kits

xlr8
04-09-2004, 02:11 PM
I just got my full JDM CTR kit. I'm modding the front rebar to fit and hold my intercooler. Now my problem is how are you keeping your sideskirts on? I see that there is a place for screws in the front wheel well, but not the rear. Also how are you keeping it against the body? Two sided tape? By the way, man is it a pain to try and fit an intercooler behind a JDM bumper. I wish I had a plasma cutter.

Type X
04-09-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by xlr8
I just got my full JDM CTR kit. I'm modding the front rebar to fit and hold my intercooler. Now my problem is how are you keeping your sideskirts on? I see that there is a place for screws in the front wheel well, but not the rear. Also how are you keeping it against the body? Two sided tape? By the way, man is it a pain to try and fit an intercooler behind a JDM bumper. I wish I had a plasma cutter.

to keep the skirts against the car
i had them drill the "oem holes" on the side of the car
and use the jdm clips

bamn :)

as for the rebar
u need the jdm one

xlr8
04-09-2004, 03:31 PM
yeah, i think i will end up drilling the car. i already have my rebar modded to fitt, now i just need to mod the bumper cover to clear the intercooler. thanks for the answer so quick.

jdmpwr
04-10-2004, 09:00 AM
i got the 2004 kit coming and i bought the bumper support from Fizz they stock them. Well at least i know now how bad it's gonna be for my intercooler to fit, who's kit you using? what size intercooler?

Civicvtec1ps
04-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by jdmpwr
who's kit you using? what size intercooler?
Revhard.

ULTRAMANIA
04-11-2004, 12:43 AM
for my sideskirts i just used double sided tape.. i've had it on for over a year now and they're still on pretty good.. no problems at all.

Type X
04-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
for my sideskirts i just used double sided tape.. i've had it on for over a year now and they're still on pretty good.. no problems at all.

didnt u have the fiberglass replica front , rear and side skirts with the real ctr bumpers?

xlr8
04-11-2004, 03:52 PM
i think im going to try two sided tape on the sides and the screws in the front wheel well, and also drill two more in the rear. that way all the tape does is hold the side portion of the skirt against the body. if that doesnt work ill end up drilling.
how is it that you mount a front plate on this bumper and mount the lips, or am i missing hardware?

fsugatorbait
04-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by xlr8
i think im going to try two sided tape on the sides and the screws in the front wheel well, and also drill two more in the rear. that way all the tape does is hold the side portion of the skirt against the body. if that doesnt work ill end up drilling.
how is it that you mount a front plate on this bumper and mount the lips, or am i missing hardware?

Id be careful with the double sided tape. I originally had mine installed like that and they fell off on the hwy and started dragging. There really isnt any room to drill on the back side either for additional screws. Like Mike said, id have them drilled on.

kHATCHmEP3
04-16-2004, 11:38 PM
for the ctr side skirts, No holes drilled, no clips used nor 3m tape. U can apply this real strong material on ur side skirts called urethane to keep it on really tight and solid. Inquire at ur local body or collision shop. hope this helps. peacee

dofu
04-28-2004, 01:11 AM
if you use double sided tape, make sure you're using the right kind... and as for the urethane, thats the stuff they use for your windshield... tape should be fine tho...